Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Another dream sheet question .....
Last Post 04 May 2011 12:54 PM by captkyguy. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tsmith

--
02 May 2011 09:31 AM
    I think I have a good grasp on this but was curious about the process.  Is there any communication with the detailer?  Do the recruits fill them out and put them in a box and wait to get an envelope ? Do they post the list for all to see and discuss?  And finally .... I have seen mention of people trading assignments - thank you
    ipolute

--
    03 May 2011 11:36 AM
    I just graduated from BC... no you do not get to talk to the detailer... you fill it out really quick and pass it up. there is a little comment box that you can ask for like a small boat station. but be warned your company commanders will read all of the comments you write and will get on you for being a "Land Lover" so be wise when writing in that section
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 May 2011 12:34 PM
    I don't know if it would have made a difference in Colin's station and we never really thought about it before he left for boot camp... He is on a 270. He wants to be an OS. On his dream sheet, this was when you could put down specific units not just districts, he put 110's and 87's. Had he thought of it, maybe in the notes section he could have included something like "Have a desire to go OS, would like a smaller boat now since that will not be an option after A School." Would it have mattered? I can't say. But if you want to use the notes section maybe something a little more creative as to the reasoning other than "Because I know where all the happening bars are in that area" might get you something you want! It was just a thought we had, just a suggestion I'm throwing out there.

But remember, wherever you go, enjoy it!! Who knows if you will ever go back there again and you don't want to miss out on an amazing opportunity to explore a new area because you didn't get exactly what you may have wanted. Also, nothing is more constant in the military than change. If you don't like your station, your shipmates, your command... someone will be transferring (you or them) and then you can move on to the next situation and it should get better!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 May 2011 03:38 PM
    Also, nothing is more constant in the military than change. If you don't like your station, your shipmates, your command... someone will be transferring (you or them) and then you can move on to the next situation and it should get better!

+1 billion
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    tsmith

--
    03 May 2011 10:57 PM
    Great ..... thank you - I was wondering if there was any campaigning involved and if it becomes a popularity contest but from what I am getting is that the process really takes place in the back room.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    04 May 2011 02:01 AM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 03 May 2011 12:34 PM

Also, nothing is more constant in the military than change. If you don't like your station, your shipmates, your command... someone will be transferring (you or them) and then you can move on to the next situation and it should get better!

But every new command you go to has someone that usually knows somebody from your prior command so its pretty easy to find out if the guy  has a bad attitude. By talking to the person at your old command. this was actually a subject today at work lol
    "The only easy day was yesterday"
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 May 2011 07:58 AM
    Hmmmm, taking the advice of someone who is possibly bitter from a former station to gauge an incoming guy to his new station. Don't give the guy or gal the ability to prove or disprove themselves all on their own. I know I would rather hear from someone else what my feelings should be about someone. If that someone is a non-rate, 2nd class, warrant or new CO. I always base my impression on whatever other people tell me to think!

That is a ridiculous statement, isn't it?!?! Just because you know someone is coming from a command that you have a friend in, decide for yourself. Listening to other people will only make your life shallow!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    04 May 2011 12:54 PM
    Making the decision for yourself is the absolute best choice, personalities are all different.

There are many instances where two people might be good friends and/or working peers, and maybe one is very good friends of the guy/gal the cannot stand...but had one told the other all about this persons bad attitude (according to their opinion) up front and tainted the others impression of him/her before ever getting to meet and know the person, that scuttlebutt may have caused the other person to already dismiss this person as a team player and or even a friend! Do not make snap or even long lasting judgments based on someone else’s opinion of a person, reserve that right for yourself. Sadly I see this to many times in the fire service…as an officer getting a new person assigned to my station I really make an effort to give them a clean slat and let them prove to me if they are good or bad, if I listened to the rumors or others impressions then he would be doomed before walking into the station.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement