Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Premonitions, real or phony?
Last Post 09 May 2011 09:02 PM by cb1918. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
02 May 2011 11:01 AM
    This morning I woke up startled around 4am. I swear I thought my cat pushed the screen out of my bedroom window. Not a horrible tragedy had she done that, my bedroom window leads out to a fully enclosed sun porch. However, I don't want my little one out there all by herself. I check for Scooby, there she is in her usual spot on the bed, not even anywhere near the window. I get up to check it anyway, screen feels secure, no way she is getting out. So ok, back to bed for a little while.

5:15 alarm goes off, up I get. Dogs leave the bedroom, Scooby hangs back, Frankie the Siamese runs in to see what he missed all night. I go for a shower. I take the dogs out, walking past that window, Frankie is sitting there meowing at me with each pass. I come in, make a glass of chocolate milk, sit down to watch the morning news. Fletcher, my orange tabby, is looking out the floor to ceiling window in the dining room at the enclosed sun porch. Well what the heck is he looking at???? FRANKIE! Damn cat is on the sun porch!!! I go flying out, Frankie sees me coming and runs for the hills. He leaps back up into the bedroom through the window, the screen is lying on the sun porch floor!

Premonition that the screen was going to fall out or coincidence?
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    02 May 2011 12:02 PM
    Well true premonition I believe is false. However some of it can be real facts filtered through your subconscious.

Has this cat ever done this before?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 May 2011 12:42 PM
    Not ever! This is a relatively new house, we've been here since October. But in our other house he used to sit at the screen all the time to watch the birds. There are no birds on my sun porch!! LO
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    02 May 2011 01:14 PM
    Weird. It's hard to say on these because I've had similar feelings or whatnot before. The biggest problem being that when I first get the feeling or whatever and check... nothing is wrong or out of place so I pass it off as some crazy thought. Then when it does happen, I'm still not prepared because I passed it off the first time. Not at all helpful.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    02 May 2011 10:32 PM
    As REAL as it gets...that is so cool Macie.

Way to many documented stories out there of this very thing for it not to be real. The brain is so awesome and we (I for sure) unfortunately only at this time know how to use such a small part of it...who knows for sure what all it can do and actually connect with in the universe...such an unknown potential.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 May 2011 07:02 AM
    I figure, people have been evolving over the last few million years or so? We'll say 10 million for arguments sake. I think lots of premonitions are instinctual throwbacks to when survival not entertainment was paramount. "I've got a bad feeling about this..." generates at the DNA level. You aren't paying attention, but your body sensed a change in temperature, atmospheric pressure, etc so you knew something wasn't right. I read that when I was taking that anthropology course.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 May 2011 07:16 AM
    It was just so weird... so I guess not knowing what my brain was thinking (I rarely ever do), what the situation in my house was that something made me think it wasn't safe... I don't know. Scott is away, will be for 18 more days. My mom is visiting from NJ, she goes home on Sunday. I'm sure just being responsible for all the animals and my mom doesn't help at all with them, she wouldn't even know where they are during the day... the mind must have been working in overdrive or something!

ANyone else ever have a premonition about something or like Gears said, just "feel something asn't right"??? I know once when Jimmy & I were young and still dating, we were in NYC for the day, not uncommon, we went to the city a lot. We were down around the Village, we were heading back uptown, not sure if we were going to go home or maybe go see what was happening at the Garden... Jim started towards the subway. I said let's walk, it was a nice late afternoon. So ok, we walked back to midtown. Found out later, 1 stop on the subway line from where we would have gotten on, about the same time of day, there was a shooting and someone was killed on the platform. Again, premonition or mere coincidence???

Colin just told me about being on the T in Boston (subway). These guys got on, the little hairs went up on the back of his neck. For some reason the doors on the train didn't close with their normal speed. These 3 guys fanned out across the car. Colin said he thought to himself, this can't be good. So he stood up and quietly exited the train and went up to the street to walk to his girls apartment. He said he felt bad doing that and was it wrong? I told him if the little hairs on the back of your neck say something isn't right, listen. It was probably nothing, he heard of no problems, but its always better to remove yourself from a situation that feels uncomfortable than to stay and realize you should have listened to your body.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 May 2011 08:25 AM
    On the 87' it happened pretty regularly. I'd be in the middle of doing something, and feel compelled to do an engine room round. More often than I found something that needed to be corrected before it became a problem. A few times it was a generator about to trip off line, on the 87' no power = no engines = MK2 gettin' monkey stomped. Eventually, after much research I isolated the problem and corrected it. As it turned out, the manual didn't include a critical update. Since then, I've learned to trust that weird feeling I get that says, "something just ain't right."
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    03 May 2011 09:56 PM
    One I recall very vividly happened 31 years ago, it did not involve me, I was helping baby sit one night several small kids, from around 1 to 3 years old...everything is going very good, playing with the kids, laughing having fun. When out of the blue one of the boys just starts crying...nothing we can to to calm him down...goes on forever. The family was all in town for a wedding, this boys mom is out with the bridal party, dad stayed home due to work two states over in Montana...kid is still crying when the bridal party comes back she is unable to calm him down...then the phone call from Montana, dad was killed in a car wreck which happened the same time the young boy, his son, started crying...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 May 2011 10:19 PM
    That's truly one of those stories that makes the hair on your arms stand up! I guess he knew and that was that. How weird!!!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    08 May 2011 09:59 PM
    ^ this reminds me of the night my friend was killed in an auto accident. I was at home, around 6 in the evening, busy with my daughter (who was 5 at the time), cooking dinner, talking to my mom..yada, yada, yada. My cell rings, I check it to see who it is but I don't answer because I was in mid sentence saying something to my mom and flipping pork chops on the stove. It was Wayne, so I tell myself-he'll leave a message, I'll call him back in a bit. I check the message about an hour later-"Hi Celina, it's Wayne, I'm heading out to a friends, just wanted to see how your day went. Call me back if you want or I'll just see you on Sunday, bye" (he had pre purchased tickets for me, my daughter, himself and his 3 kids to see Willy Wonka at IMAX. I have yet to see the movie) I call him back, no answer, I don't leave a message. From about that point on, my mood started to change. It started with feeling a bit down. A little while later, it progresses to sadness. I couldn't put my finger on it. About 10 pm, I am feeling overwhelmed. I call him back, no answer but I leave a message this time- "Hi, sorry I missed your call. Listen, if you're not doing anything, I know you said you were on a way to a friends, but if you're free, I need to get a beer or something, hang out. Maybe we can meet at Blue Martini's?" and then I hang up. No call back, and I go to bed about midnight still feeling overwhelming sadness, and hopeless.
    Another friend called me the next morning with the news. Wayne was clipped on his rear passenger side, caused his car to fish tail out of control, he rolled and was ejected. ER tried everything, he was in surgery for some time, but he died around 4 am. Time of the accident was about 4 minutes after he called me, left that message. I didn't answer the call. I was angry for the longest time about that. I felt that if I would have taken his call, maybe that accident wouldn't have happened. Maybe he would've slowed down enough while driving to not get clipped.

"It's classified"
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    09 May 2011 06:55 AM
    I am so sorry about your friend...god bless.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 May 2011 07:16 AM
    I'm really sorry about your friend. That's the type of thing I was talking about. Is that a premonition, did your body just feel his spirit leaving the Earth?? Its so odd that we know exactly when something in our world isn't right.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    09 May 2011 09:02 PM
    Thank you captkyguy and OG2.
    Premonitions, precognitions, presentiments, all of it falls under Parapsychology, I think. So, it is being studied and there are theories. But, personally, I do believe they are real.
    "It's classified"
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement