Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
MEPS
Last Post 24 May 2011 12:53 PM by captkyguy. 30 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
AK72CG

--
02 May 2011 02:27 PM
    I've taken the ASVAB, and now I'm waiting to see when I'll go to MEPS. About how long will it be when I'll find out if I can go to MEPS?
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    02 May 2011 03:19 PM
    It varies by office and MEPS schedules. Your recruiter is the best source of information.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    AK72CG

--
    02 May 2011 03:49 PM
    Thanks!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bella0426

--
    04 May 2011 06:52 AM
    Yea it all depends if you had any medical issues like surgeries and things of that nature...it took Meps,1 day to get back to my recruiter so just have patients. good luck
    "Life is not measures by the breaths you take, but by it's breathtaking moments"
    AK72CG

--
    04 May 2011 08:51 PM
    Just got word from my recruiter earlier today and i am scheduled for the 24th!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 May 2011 09:01 PM
    Woo-hoo!!! Congratulations!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    04 May 2011 09:21 PM
    Awesome...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jgriff92

--
    05 May 2011 09:03 PM
    I just went today "hurry up and wait" is a perfect explanation for it, our group actually had alot of fun, it's pretty cool to meet people from all the other branches
    Whiskey-185 CGC Alex Haley
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    06 May 2011 06:11 PM
    Besides all the waitings,i love going to the MEPS.Here in Los Angeles MEPS we have an arcade area and i am sure other MEPS serves lunch too.Too bad i didnt get the steak as to what others who went there before
    I can't wait to get back there to DEP'ed in
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    08 May 2011 06:03 AM
    Congrats! Miami MEPS was pretty cool. The other branches and a few going to the CG were interested in learning more about the CG. I have a question though, not to hijack your thread.
    But I'm DEPing in on Tuesday. I know I'm weighing in, but is there another urinalysis? I have nothing to hide, im just asking because I'm intentionally going to be a little dehydrated to make sure I have those extra couple pounds off. Any idea?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    10 May 2011 08:14 AM
    I am with you on that question yank!
    jek

--
    10 May 2011 09:34 AM
    When you swear into the DEP there is no second urinalysis. You only get weight and height checked if it has been more than a month since were last at the MEPS.

My recommendation: bring a good book! If there are a decent number of people shipping out you will have to wait until they are all sworn in before you can be. You'll be done with weight and height within the first hour and then you will be waiting. I think I waited about 6 or 7 hours so bring that book, memorize your general orders, and have fun talking to your recruiter and the other recruits! Good luck!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    10 May 2011 12:16 PM
    I was told that you can bring your folks to see the swear in ceremony.Where will i be meeting them when they get to MEPS?
    jek

--
    10 May 2011 01:19 PM
    Depends on how your MEPS is laid out. At mine (Chicago) right at the entrance where you go through the metal detector there is a large waiting area with a bunch of chairs and a T.V. You'll meet them there. Once you're done with weight and height you'll go to the Coast Guard office in MEPS and then you're free to roam around. Our MEPS had a Rec room and a cafeteria where families (and you) can go too. These were adjacent to the main waiting room.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    10 May 2011 01:22 PM
    Cool!sounds like LA MEPS also.Thanks!
    Chente

--
    10 May 2011 03:28 PM
    I went to MEPS in Phoenix and they had a lil' arcade & a pool table..it was tight!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    11 May 2011 06:29 AM
    Ok, wasn't too bad at all. My parents, grandfather and wife came to watch me swear in. I got there at 0530, doors opened at 0600, was out by 1030. We had 8 shippers so it took a while. I told a few recruits about this site, so on the flight and bus they could read up. One asked me if i had been in the CG prior because I knew so much already lol. It felt good to help a few of them put their minds at ease
    jek

--
    11 May 2011 08:25 AM
    Welcome to the DEP CSA! Good going, this place is a treasure trove of knowledge for those of us who like to do our homework.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    11 May 2011 12:02 PM
    yea!i am so glad i found this forum.it makes me feel ready and prepare for this memorable journey of my career.
    i DEP in on monday!Can't wait!
    jek

--
    11 May 2011 12:23 PM
    Congrats Otnasirk, have fun on monday. When do you ship?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    11 May 2011 12:41 PM
    Thanks!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    11 May 2011 01:14 PM
    Thanks Jek!I ship in June 21 via UPS.jk!Yea,June 21 from Los Angeles MEPS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    11 May 2011 01:18 PM
    do i sign the contract when i DEP in on monday?
    Trooks

--
    11 May 2011 01:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure you will. That's when I signed mine.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    11 May 2011 01:38 PM
    awesome Trooks!thanks!so there's no turning back after Monday.LOL!I can't wait!
    jek

--
    11 May 2011 09:50 PM
    June 21, exciting stuff! Maybe I'll see you around at Cape May (I ship May 24). Just for clarification though, you sign the DEP contract on Monday. This is to join the inactive reserves. You don't sign your actual Active Duty contract until the day you ship (June 21).
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    11 May 2011 11:26 PM
    You don't sign your actual Active Duty contract until the day you ship (June 21).

Your recruiter will set a day for you to sign your final contract before you ship in order to account for any administrative errors.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    otnasirk

--
    12 May 2011 12:12 AM
    Cool.thanks guys!
    jek

--
    12 May 2011 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the correction Gears.
    AK72CG

--
    24 May 2011 12:44 PM
    Just got back from MEPS a couple hours ago and I'm qualified!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement