Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Northrop Grumman???
Last Post 06 May 2011 05:38 PM by coreyshaw. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
coreyshaw

--
04 May 2011 08:10 PM
    I was wondering if an affiliation with Northrop Grumman would raise any questions once I am able to enlist in the Coast Guard. The reason I ask is, my Fiancee just received orders to Arlington, VA after YN A-school and I have been desperately searching for jobs and while I was applying for a mail handling job with Northrop Grumman, it asked me about 25 questions regarding my affiliation with the military. So I was just curious. And if anyone can suggest jobs or places to live in or near Arlington, VA that would be awesome! I only have until June to find both haha.
    Gordon388

--
    06 May 2011 10:34 AM
    My opinion on this is Northrop's manufacturing contracts with military. My father worked there for 18+ years before he passed away and there were things he did there that he could not talk about, they are most likely looking for applicants that qualify for higher clearance levels. This is just my thoughts could very well be wrong.

as far as housing google military homes for rent and there are tons of websites that will help you find good priced homes to buy/rent, how far from your station assignment.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    06 May 2011 05:27 PM
    I worked for NG for about a year while also serving in the CG auxiliary. Honestly, unless your fiance is working on procurement and YOU are also working for NG on a contract to supply something she is working on, you're OK. The reason I don't work for NG any more is they sold off my entire branch of the company to prevent conflict of interest (one branch advising the government and another supplying the expensive hardware is a no-no).
    Anyway, If you can get a job with NG go for it. They're a good employer. It really shouldn't make any difference that she's a Yeoman or not. Things would be different if she was a Warrent advising on the purchase of new engines for ships and YOU were an engineer at the shipyards.
    As to living in the Wasthington DC area. I was born in the area and live in Rockville. First thing, traffic is a killer. Do your best to live within 15 miles of work (both of you together if possible). Also, the subway system is a lifesaver. If you can find a place that isn't a lot of money that's close to work AND walking distance to a Metro subway station you're doing great. If you need any help and your wife's sponsor can't help feel free to give drop me a note. Victor VicNaz1@aol.com
    Also, if you see some benefits to her service but don't want to join the CG yourself, you could test the waters by joining the auxiliary.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    coreyshaw

--
    06 May 2011 05:38 PM
    Oh I definitely want to join the coast guard. I've been working on losing the required weight for 8 months. As soon as I'm below my max weight I'll be in that recruiting office. The coast guard is my dream. As for apartments, it's just hard because all the apartment reviews for places on our price range are filled with complaints of roaches, mice, and terrible management...and these aren't cheap, run down places either. But when you find a good review, the rent for that particular place is over $2000 a month. So it's tough. And I need to find a job asap after we get there (mid to late June) but it's hard because I need to make decent money but I don't even know where to begin looking.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement