Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
BM A-School now 14 weeks?
Last Post 20 May 2011 09:25 AM by Old Guard2. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
futurecoastie26

--
13 May 2011 11:07 AM
    Is BM A- School 14 weeks now or is this just an error on the TRACEN Yorktown site? When you count the weeks (which I put in parentheses) every session after 6/6/2011 is now 14 weeks. Did the curriculum change?

Just curious, because I have a BM A-school reservation for October 3 and am curious how long I am going to be gone now.

Session 143 - 5/16/2011 - 8/5/2011 (12 weeks)
    Session 144 - 6/6/2011 - 8/26/2011 (12 weeks)
    Session 145 - 6/27/2011 - 9/30/2011 (14 weeks)
    Session 146 - 7/25/2011 - 10/28/2011 (14 weeks)
    Session 147 - 8/15/2011 - 11/18/2011 (14 weeks)
    Session 148 - 9/12/2011 - 12/16/2011 (14 weeks)

See link below.

http://www2.tracenpetaluma.com/tqc/...?cc=501489
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheLurker22

--
    14 May 2011 10:53 AM
    Good news and bad news:

Bad news first: I can't speak for BM school as I went through ME school personally but......

Good news: I know of some ME classes that were longer and it all hinged on what days they had off. A-school is counted by training days and not actual days there. The class before me had an extra couple weeks because of Thanksgiving and Christmas days off that added to the total days there but didn't add to the training days there. You would have to go through each individual schedules to see why they were extended (could be scheduled days off or bad weather days).

Either way, hope this helps explain the dates a little differently. If not, sorry for wasting your time.
    futurecoastie26

--
    20 May 2011 05:19 AM
    Anyone have any updates on this? There seems to be something brewing at TCYorktown. I have heard more rumors about BM A school being extended 2 weeks. Any recruiters or BMs know what is going on? I'm starting to feel like Columbo.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 May 2011 09:25 AM
    From the dates alone... I would say it is safe to assume it is extended 2 weeks. There are no holidays that would cause a 2 week extension in those time frames. The first 2 classes have only Labor Day. That wouldn't add 2 weeks for 1 Federal day. The last class has Thanksgiving but again, 1 2 day holiday, I don't think that would extend anything either. If those are the current dates for classes convening/graduating... looks like 2 extra weeks to me.

Could be they prepare for snow days and the winter months go 2 weeks longer for a "just in case" scenario. But something tells me that would be a stretch of major proportions to assume they would need an additional 2 weeks for a class starting in July and ending in October, same with August to November. Again... just guessing but it is what it is.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement