Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEPOT 10 July 2011
Last Post 08 Aug 2011 05:44 PM by Mightymouse1119. 47 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
cb1918

--
14 May 2011 06:45 PM
    Anybody besides me? 
    "It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    14 May 2011 10:26 PM
    I'm going! What's your rate going to be/where's your station?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    15 May 2011 12:08 PM
    Hi Coastie! I just accepted your friend request. I am IS, unit is Sector St. Pete. What about you? I was supposed to go to June 12 DEPOT but I was pushed back.
    "It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    15 May 2011 03:33 PM
    Yeah I wanted to go IS, but there were no billets available in Sector NY - only for ET. How old are you? Are you flying in to Philly from Florida? Even though I live in NJ, I still have to go down to Philly, meet everyone at the USO and then head down to Cape May on the bus.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    16 May 2011 07:14 AM
    You're the 2nd person I met that wanted IS but no billets were available in their area. I lucked out because if IS wasn't available here, I wouldn't join. There is no other rate that I want to be. 
    I am (cough), 37 years young. Just turned 37 two weeks ago. I may be the company dinosaur. And you?
    So I guess I will see you at the USO!
    "It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    16 May 2011 09:16 PM
    I'll be an ET - actually works with my line of work - (Design engineer for electronics company specializing in IT and Lighting). I'll be 32 at the end of the summer (August).

You been working out?  I've been doing Crossfit for the last 4 months, twice a week, and running 3 days a week.  My best time is 12:30 in 1.5 miles.  Pushups and situps, I'm in the high 30's.  You?
    coastie2679

--
    16 May 2011 09:36 PM
    You mentioned getting signed up for "A" School.  I know that I don't have to go to "A" School, but I wonder how i'll be trained...I must go to "C" school or at least take an SWE the first week or so, wouldn't you think?

Can anyone shed some light?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    17 May 2011 07:23 PM
    Posted By coastie2679 on 16 May 2011 10:16 PM
    I'll be an ET - actually works with my line of work - (Design engineer for electronics company specializing in IT and Lighting). I'll be 32 at the end of the summer (August).

You been working out?  I've been doing Crossfit for the last 4 months, twice a week, and running 3 days a week.  My best time is 12:30 in 1.5 miles.  Pushups and situps, I'm in the high 30's.  You?

Definitely have been working out.  We don't have time for remedial PT. I've been running and lifting weights to improve my upper body strength. Also some swimming, but not as much as I would like to. If I were to get assessed tomorrow, I would pass the run, sit-ups, and the swim. I have improved on push-ups, but I must do better. My husband talked me into training with his boxing coach. I've done 2 sessions.  Let me tell ya, I am sore!!!
    "It's classified"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    17 May 2011 07:27 PM
    Posted By coastie2679 on 16 May 2011 10:36 PM
    You mentioned getting signed up for "A" School.  I know that I don't have to go to "A" School, but I wonder how i'll be trained...I must go to "C" school or at least take an SWE the first week or so, wouldn't you think?

Can anyone shed some light?

You don't have to go to A school ?  I am waiting on A school confirmation before i sign my contract.
    "It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    18 May 2011 08:27 PM
    A buddy of mine (LT in the CG) said that bc I'm already rated that I won't have to go to A school. My recruiter confirmed this. However, there are a variety of tests that I will have to take. I'm going down on Monday with my wife to get the final papers in order. I won't actually be sworn in until after Memorial Day bc the Chief is on leave. After that, I'm "technically" a Petty Officer :-D
    coastie2679

--
    31 May 2011 07:36 AM
    Hey cb1918 - was down at my RO's office last Monday. I signed all my papers - no "A" school for me, but I have to take an "exam" to make sure I know what I say I know. 39 days and counting until "ship out"!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    31 May 2011 10:10 AM
    I hope I can join you coastie2679 but I got a not so optimistic email from my recruiter that the window of opportunity for July DEPOT is closing. Our paperwork needs to be at TRACEN Cape May 30 days before. I haven't signed anything. My A school reservation request remains outstanding, and I have to go to A school. I will let you know as soon as I find out if Im going or not.  

"It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    31 May 2011 03:27 PM
    Yeah - technically they need it no later than 23 days out. I'm getting pretty close too - haven't sworn in yet, but hopefully that will change this week. Hoping the best for you!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    02 Jun 2011 11:38 AM
    Have you sworn in yet coastie2679?
    "It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    02 Jun 2011 07:02 PM
    I go on Tuesday to swear in. :-)
    coastie2679

--
    06 Jun 2011 10:38 AM
    Swearing in tomorrow AM...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    06 Jun 2011 04:59 PM
    That's great coastie2679!  Nothing new with me. 

EDIT: don't forget to take a picture! 
    "It's classified"
    joeburrell02

--
    09 Jun 2011 07:58 PM
    Hey everyone. I'll be joining you for DEPOT on 11 Jul. Signed up for 3 years, BM, E-3. Will be assigned to PSU 312 in San Francisco. Prior service Navy. Did 6 years, got out as a CTT2. Really wanted ME, but from what I hear, BM's do the same kind of operations as the ME's while attached to the PSU. I know what a BM in the Navy does on a ship. Lots of chipping and painting! We'll see. Can't wait!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    10 Jun 2011 10:01 AM
    Hi Joe! Welcome and good luck. I won't be going on this date, but I would love to hear about it when you get back!
    "It's classified"
    Mightymouse1119

--
    10 Jun 2011 05:22 PM
    hEY CB1918 hope all works out, I finally took the Oath on Wed. and ship 10 Jul 11
    coastie2679

--
    11 Jun 2011 04:01 PM
    Cool - I'll be seeing you guys there -- 28 days! I'll be an ET3 with Sector NY for 8 years.
    coastie2679

--
    13 Jun 2011 07:23 AM

Swearing in 7-JUN-11. 

I'm getting ready to go.  I thought it'd be a good idea to get last names from everyone so we know who we are in Philly.  We should do it over PM so as not to compromise anyone's safety. 

What do y'all think?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    13 Jun 2011 08:01 AM
    Nice pic! Congratulations! I wish I was going. You only have 3 1/2 weeks left! 
    "It's classified"
    swright1

--
    14 Jun 2011 03:39 PM
    Hello everyone, first time poster here. Just took my oath of enlistment this afternoon and will be attending 11 July DEPOT. Just wanted to say hello and can't wait to start this new journey in my life.
    Mightymouse1119

--
    14 Jun 2011 08:58 PM
    I think getting to know each other before is an awesome idea... we are in this together.. I'm looking forward in meeting everybody... please send me an inbox. good luck to all...

coastie2679

--
    17 Jun 2011 09:07 AM
    23 days to go!  What's everyone's rate/station going to be?

ET3 - ESD New York out of Sector NY, Staten Island
    Mightymouse1119

--
    17 Jun 2011 11:02 AM
    ME3- Station Milwaukee...
    swright1

--
    18 Jun 2011 05:48 PM
    ME3 - PSU 309
    coastie2679

--
    01 Jul 2011 04:53 AM
    Only 10 days left. I'm geared up and ready to go. My recruiter is driving me to Philly (I live in NJ) and I should get in around 14:00 - 15:00. What time is everyone else getting in?
    joeburrell02

--
    03 Jul 2011 12:02 AM
    Whats up everyone. I'll be flying in from SF on US Airways. Arrive @ 1440. Ready to get it done. Guess I'll be seeing you all at the USO. 

Joe

E-3/ BM/ PSU 312, San Francisco
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement