Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
order of the Golden Dragons?
Last Post 20 May 2011 05:40 AM by Browns24. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
magmam

--
16 May 2011 04:50 PM
    as I understand it this has something to do with crossing the international date line and paying tribute to Davy Jones?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    16 May 2011 04:53 PM
    Yes it does. I'm a Shellback... I've crossed the Equator and paid proper tribute to King Neptune.... and that's all I can say....
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    magmam

--
    16 May 2011 04:59 PM
    LOL...ok Gears all I want to know is do you have a secret handshake???
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    16 May 2011 05:01 PM
    I cannot confirm or deny the existence of hands, shakes, or handshakes. I can tell you it's one helluva lot of fun!
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    magmam

--
    16 May 2011 05:44 PM
    excellent-sounds like my son is in for a great adventure
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    16 May 2011 06:08 PM
    Yes he is... Crossing the line is an awesome experience. I'm glad I go to do it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Browns24

--
    17 May 2011 05:57 AM
    I am also a Shellback and a Golden Dragon. Line Crossings ceremonies are all in good fun and voluntary. I would tell anyone who has the chance to participate to do so.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    17 May 2011 08:00 AM
    Colin has the Order of the Ditch for going through the Panama Canal. They were so close to shellback but didn't make it quite that far. Tell him to have a ball, Mag!
    USCGC Midgett
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    19 May 2011 03:26 PM
    My step-dad has done it in the Navy. Sounds like i should ask him about the ceremony lol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Browns24

--
    19 May 2011 03:37 PM
    Just sign up for it if you get that chance... ceremonies are all different
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    19 May 2011 04:18 PM
    My sister was in the Navy and did a one year tour on the USS Hopper. She is a Shellback. They made a DVD of the tour, showing footage of their time underway including some of the rituals that one must undergo to become a Shellback. I am sure what was shown on the DVD is only a fraction of it, but it looked like it was freakin' fun! It is a rite of passage and my sister is quite proud to be a Shellback.
    "It's classified"
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    19 May 2011 05:05 PM
    Yea, step-dad said: "Think of it more as an initiation for a college fraternity, then a ceremony" And gave me an almost evil smile, haha
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CablesMom

--
    19 May 2011 08:01 PM
    My son, on his 20th b-day a few weeks ago, became a Golden Dragon. He hadn't told anyone on the boat that it was his b-day, for a very good reason, but I'm glad he still had something to celebrate. It was very memorable for him!!
    Proud Coastie Mom
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Browns24

--
    20 May 2011 05:40 AM
    I think the fun part is that if you go back across the equator or international dateline, you get to be on the opposite side of the ritual and watch everyone else do the ceremony, it's a chance to have your run at the officers or senior enlisted.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement