Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Golf 185
Last Post 14 Jul 2011 08:10 PM by Old Guard2. 21 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Service3

--
09 Jun 2011 04:20 AM
    So, the June 7th Recruits are in Golf 185 Company. It looks like they are in Healy Hall but since this Company has more then 100 recruits could it be possible they are split into separate Halls?

I mean how many Recruits do CC have in their charge? I have been writing letters eventually drop in the mail but I don't want to get the wrong hall if they are not in Healy.

My Son's group was held at Philly Airport USO and had to wait for a second bus, they must have got in late, just wondering.

I might have to create a Facebook account.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Jun 2011 06:44 AM
    If they split the company you will find out in the letter that you will receive in the late stages of week 2, early week 3. If it isn't on the website I would venture to say they aren't but anything is possible. There have been groups larger than 100 before and they stay as one group.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    JayAAllen

--
    10 Jun 2011 01:26 PM
    I faced the same situation in 1986. We were split into two Companies, but both graduated the same week.
    boiester

--
    12 Jun 2011 06:18 PM
    can we send our letters now? I have all the info. I think.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Jun 2011 07:47 PM
    Name, company & hall... send away. No guarantee whenthe CC's will give them the letters but they'll get them eventually.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    coastienav

--
    14 Jun 2011 08:40 AM
    Was there in 1983 and it feels weird having a son going through basic. It will be kind of neat to see it again.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Jun 2011 09:33 AM
    Coastie, are you still active or retired? Can you still wear the uniform? You would be allowed to present your sonhis graduation certificate. Believe me, seeing my ex hand our son his certificate was a very proud moment. My ex screwed up the handshake/salute/presentation thing, he was just so proud he wasn't thinking, so he just grabbed our son and hugged him. LOL Everyone gave a collective "Ahhhh" in the audience. I was crying of course. LOL

Welcome aboard! What class were you in? My ex was India-121 in 1985, our son was Golf-181. So you are right, it was weird for my ex to go back and relive all of those emotions. It was funny... I asked him where is the parade field? He said to me, "Do you know how long it has been since I've been here? How am I supposed to remember? ........ It is over there..." I just laughed at him.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    coastienav

--
    14 Jun 2011 10:10 AM
    No I retired in 2003 and to be honest i haven't even tried to put my uniform on. I am very proud of my son and what he is doing. He is going into the reserves while he finishes his last 2 years and the University of South Florida and then he wants to go to OCS.

I was in Hotel 115 and my son is in Golf 185. I haven't been back since i graduated and i probably couldn't remember my way around there either! Thanks for the welcome!!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Jun 2011 11:02 AM
    Oh I'm sorry about the South Florida thing... I'm a Rutgers girl and I love cheering against South Florida in football! Especially with the old coach, Jim Leavitt... we always called him chicken neck, boy no one could make a vein pop when they are mad like that man! LOL

Dust off the old uni, you never know! You might fit and then you can be right up front giving him his certificate. I'll bet you walk through the gates and you snap to attention as a reflex. LOL My ex is still active duty and he had a ball running around base making young recruits salute him and making them talk to him. He was eating it up like a kid on Christmas morning. I guess it can be a little intimidating when a Commander with scrambled eggs all over his cover stops you to ask questions. Poor kids looked like they were going to faint and Jim was just chuckling all happy. He wasn't trying to be mean, he told all of them to relax, he was in Cape May once, too and it has been a great career. But oh the looks on their faces!! It was a very proud day for that dad, too... his chest was puffed out pretty big. I'm sure yours will be, too.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    coastienav

--
    14 Jun 2011 12:05 PM
    OMG Rutgers, I am soooo sorry to hear that!! I am glad Leavitt is gone! I thought he was a moron and he did have a chicken neck.

We had a flight to New London and we were walking around the Academy in our flight suits and all the students were tripping over themselves saluting us and everything and it was kind of funny. We would fly them to there summer activities and have fun with them the whole time. I may consider doing that if i don't have to buy too many articles, i did spend most of my career in a flight suit, too bad i couldn't wear that.

I'm sure it will alll come back to me when i get there, I wasn't married when I first came in so my wife has no idea what it is like there. It's funny but I can remember it like it was yesterday, I guess some thinigs just stay with you. I am looking forward to seeing my son in the uniform and yes my chest will be pumped up too!!

Can you recommend a place to stay up there?

GO BULLS!
    bandit01

--
    21 Jun 2011 04:37 PM
    My son is in Golf 185 Company. Has anyone received a letter or postcard from the guys about spliting the group and how will it effect graduation?
    coastienav

--
    21 Jun 2011 04:39 PM
    We got a letter from my son last week but he didn't mention anything about being split up and said he was still graduating on July 29
    bandit01

--
    21 Jun 2011 04:58 PM
    Thanks I got a real short postcard last week. I am planning on attending graduation if everything goes likes it suppose too
    coastienav

--
    22 Jun 2011 04:42 AM
    Yeah they don't get too much time the first several weeks. I will be attending also and hopefully everything will go as planned.
    Service3

--
    24 Jun 2011 05:40 PM
    Well, I have to say we have seen Pictures of his Company in formation and marching. practicing for Charlie Co. Graduation. My Son looks stronger then when he left, his posture shows confidence. I joined a Friends of Golf 185 on FB. Never would have joined FB otherwise. We have recieved our first letter from him and read Golf's first posted Journal.

Its Hot, Humid and the CC's are in control. He said he is doing well and the guys in his Squad Bay are pretty squared away.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jun 2011 07:22 PM
    That was the biggest change I noticed in Colin. He stood so much taller, so much prouder of himself. It really surprised me!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Service3

--
    09 Jul 2011 08:21 PM
    Well Golf 185 is in their 5 week and we are anxiuosly awaiting our Son's call. He should have his Orders and with approxiamately 108 Recruits it could take time. Nothing today ( Saturday )but I figure Sunday might be the day we hear.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Jul 2011 09:18 PM
    Waiting for that phone call sucks but it will be so great when you get the call!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Service3

--
    10 Jul 2011 11:32 AM
    We got the call this morning around 8:00. He will be in Rockland, Me. on the USCGC Abbie Burgess 553
    cjrocquin

--
    12 Jul 2011 09:17 PM

Posted By Service3 on 24 Jun 2011 06:40 PM
    Well, I have to say we have seen Pictures of his Company in formation and marching. practicing for Charlie Co. Graduation. My Son looks stronger then when he left, his posture shows confidence. I joined a Friends of Golf 185 on FB. Never would have joined FB otherwise. We have recieved our first letter from him and read Golf's first posted Journal.

Its Hot, Humid and the CC's are in control. He said he is doing well and the guys in his Squad Bay are pretty squared away.

We are so excited to find this FB sight! Our son is in the Golf 185 and we also got his call on Sat night. He will be stationed in San Diego, Ca. Cutter Sherman. We would like to know how you found the pics of 185? Its great to get some other prospectives on the going ons. Thanks
    cjrocquin

--
    14 Jul 2011 08:04 PM
    Looking for anyone whos son/dtr/husband graduating on July 29th. Golf-185? My son called home on Sat night 10th with his orders. Going to Dan Diego. USCG Cutter sherman. Also looking for pics from that unit anyone?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Jul 2011 08:10 PM
    Hope this helps... http://www.uscg.mil/pacarea/cgcsher...gcsherman/

Congrats on the orders.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement