Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone! (update)
Last Post 17 Jun 2011 10:25 AM by KD. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
AET2bKnbb

--
09 Jun 2011 03:27 PM
    Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is enjoying summer as it kicks in! Just wanted to say hello to all my CG friends on here and let you know whats going on my side of the world.

For those who might not remember who I am, I am AET2bs wife, I was on the forum a butt load while he was in basic (Foxtrot 183!!)  which we got a small boat station in Washington. Last time I was on the forum I was six months pregnant, now I have a very active 9 month old. We have been on the A school list for about a yr and we are hoping to get orders in Nov to an air station. He will still wants to be an AET but now he wants to be the gunner on the helicopter, I guess boys and their toys…  We are hoping to get somewhere a little warmer then where we are now.

Being in the coast guard has been an awesome experience for both of us, I have met so many nice and interesting people. Only thing I have found so far that I don’t like is saying goodbye to them when they get orders 

I am finally able to enjoy a cup of coffee and go on the forum, Yay for naptime!!!

You are only as strong as you appear to be
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Jun 2011 04:01 PM
    I cannot believe the baby is 9 months old! My gosh! Welcome back and thanks for the update. Congratulations on everything, so glad to hear it is going well. The good byes were always the hardest part of military life for me. I had some amazing friends and either leaving them or watching them pull away with the moving truck was always a little heart breaking. But I'll tell you what, I still have a good majority of those friends and I'll never trade them for anything. So while they aren't close enough to have lunch with, they are never too far away to talk to!

Say hello when you have a chance, I know chasing a little one is more than a full time job!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2bKnbb

--
    09 Jun 2011 04:19 PM
    Yea my little guy is a handful. Hes starting to crawl (army style) and hes figured out how to work his walker well enough to get to thing which Im pretty sure we will have to put it away soon... We had alot of our close friend move this last couple of months so its been a bit boohooy for me. But Im looking forward to new ones!
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    09 Jun 2011 07:24 PM
    They are so cute and sweet when little then they become teenagers...lol

So glad to have you back with us...many congrats on a healthy boy...nap times were a blessing indeed. Be sure to tell AET2bs hello from all of us. Fingers crossed for a quick opening
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    09 Jun 2011 07:27 PM
    In AET A School...

Not sure what happened, guess I hit the submit button with my big old fingers during the above post...goofball.

Look forward with posting a lot with you again.

Be safe and enjoy!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2bKnbb

--
    09 Jun 2011 08:17 PM
    haha Capt, Hes mess cooking this week so he doesnt get to do any nifty SAR cases. Ive been surprised at how fast hes been moving up the list. One month he moved nearly 50 spots. Im hoping we will get going here soon!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 Jun 2011 10:51 AM
    Knbb,

Welcome back! Glad to hear everything is going so well for you both. Tell AET2b, I wish him the best.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    kyuscgmom

--
    14 Jun 2011 11:58 AM
    Thanks for letting us know about how things are going for you all. Those little fellows are precious. No doubt you both are enjoying him. Makes me smile when I hear about folks being happy in their service and when you are married it takes both of you to serve well. Sounds like you have adapted very nicely. Looking forward to more good news soon!! Soak in those nap times while you can.

kyuscgmom
    kyuscgmom
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Jun 2011 12:06 PM
    I always said if the house was on fire, don't wake the baby unless absolutely necessary. One time I had just put Colin down for a nap, made some toast & chocolate milk, Jeopardy was coming on, I was ready for a nice half hour of answers & questions. Then the house rumbled and then the darn tsunami alarm went off. Well shoot... we had to evacuate. There goes jeopardy, toast, nap... what a bummer! I wasn't as upset that an earthquake hit and a wave could be rolling towards us as I was upset I had to wake up Colin! Priorities tend to get blurred when there is a napping baby invovled! LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    kyuscgmom

--
    15 Jun 2011 09:11 PM
    You crack me up! I hope you keep a journal because people would pay to read your entries. I just love your outlook on life. Roll with it, Girl!

kyuscgmom
    kyuscgmom
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Jun 2011 07:16 AM
    I have literally had some very close friends tell me I should write stuff down and someday publish a book. You have no idea what a life I have had. These are just my Coast Guard stories. When you add to the fact that I have a father who professionally portrays Abraham Lincoln and I come from a long line of crazy Boston Irishmen... Oh the volumes I could write. You should see me in person, I tell these stories completely dead pan and my friends end up with tears running down their cheeks. There are aspects in my life, if I didn't keep my sense of humor, I would have started crying and I'm not sure I would have stopped... gotta keep the laughter.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    16 Jun 2011 09:43 AM
    Reserve me a copy - My daughter and I just crack up at reading the forums where you've responded. Makes our day!!
    Proud Mom to SN Lueders - "Mom" to FN Coover - Soon to be AET's
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    17 Jun 2011 10:25 AM
    Totally get it, Old Guard! We could have a CONVERSATION, you and I... fun stuff. Glad you are here.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement