Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Recommendations for an Air station?
Last Post 14 Nov 2011 02:39 AM by CarolinaPanthers. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
AET2bKnbb

--
09 Jun 2011 02:55 PM
    We will getting orders soon to AET A school, I was wondering if anyone can recommend any air stations to me? Why did you like it there? Is it a big station? Family friendly? How far away is it from shopping, schools ect?

Just would like to get a idea of any good stations to look out for or pick!

Thanks
    You are only as strong as you appear to be
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Jun 2011 03:02 PM
    Kodiak! I'm not sure how much warmer that is... it is the only air sta we were ever stationed near. I'm sure there are plenty of others.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2bKnbb

--
    09 Jun 2011 03:23 PM
    Did you like it? I want somewhere warmer but Im pretty sure I cant get away from Alaska... lol. What is the weather like there generally?
    You are only as strong as you appear to be
    ATLFalconFan

--
    10 Jun 2011 06:43 AM
    Savananh GA. I'm from there, not in the CG yet, lots of stuff to do, very very warm and good schools.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Jun 2011 06:50 AM
    I loved Kodiak a lot more after I left. That doesn't actually sound like a great plug for the station does it?!?! LOL But it is. Kodiak is safe, it is secure, the family there is terrific. The base has every amenity you would need and town isn't that far away if you need extra. It felt claustrophobic at first, it's an island and there is no way off if you can't afford a flight. My ex was a non-rate when we started there... flying to Anchorage, hotel, food, rent car it was all an expense I couldn't easily justify. It got easier as Jimmy moved up in rank to pick a weekend to go. Then it wasn't as bad and cabin fever didn't seem to set in as quickly. If I had the chance and the employment opportunity, I would go back there tomorrow! It is absolutely gorgeous and like I said, small town living is wonderful! The gym wasn't quite what it is now when we were there but if you want some great outdoor exercise, we would walk the piers. Up & down each one, looking at the boats, talking to the fisherman, nice stretch of the legs. I really didn't realize how much I adored Kodiak until I lived some place else.

At some point in the career, I would say it should be on a dream sheet.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Vikingsailor796

--
    11 Jun 2011 03:29 PM
    Airsta Astoria. Has one of the roughest bars in the world. alot of fun, loved living in astoria. great people great town. DO IT.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    11 Nov 2011 02:16 PM
    Air Station Atlantic City N.J. (KACY) is co-located with the FAA technical center (large facility) and an air national guard unit (F-16's, etc.) and relatively close to several major cities and some prime vacation spots. Personnel from there also pull duty down in the Washington D.C. area on a rotating basis so you'll actually have a chance to get familiar with two major metro areas.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    11 Nov 2011 03:20 PM
    What airframe? Do you want a big station, small station? Large city or small city? I have been to just about every air station in the CG and they are all good. It all depends on what you think is important in a duty location.
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    14 Nov 2011 02:39 AM
    Air Sta Clearwater!!

Yeah, hot humid summers but during the fall/winter it is so breezy and comfortable. It is a nice area, cost of living is reasonable too. Lots of things to do and lots of events go on!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement