Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
India 185
Last Post 06 Aug 2011 12:44 PM by kgreg32211. 28 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
USCG Wife

--
22 Jun 2011 07:31 AM
    Hey! I'm Alli and my hubby just left for Basic training yesterday June 21st. I think based on the pattern he should be in India 185, so instead of waiting 3 weeks to find out for sure, I figured I would start a post to see if there are any other wives, girl friends, moms, dads, aunts, uncles...etc that have someone who left for basic yesterday. My husband and I have been together since we were 15 and 16, married for 2 years, and we really haven't spent much time apart...so this is kinda hard on me with him being gone for 8 weeks! Suprisingly I am doing pretty good but I definitely want to get to know some other coastie wives/girl friends that I could talk to

Can't wait to meet everyone and to start this new crazy adventure!!

Alli
    efiw_otnasirk

--
    24 Jun 2011 09:29 AM
    Hi! My name is May and my hubby also left for basic on the 21st. This is the first time we've been apart for longer than a couple of days so I thought it would be really hard, but surprisingly I have been taking it pretty well (for the most part). I took the advice of others and kept myself busy. So far so good although I do miss him very much! We've been married for under a year but together for 5. Unfortunately, he will be in Basic for our first year Wedding Anniversary, which made me sad, but our hubbies must do what they have to do right? My hubby was always on this website before basic and he always commented that I should join since I have so much questions but I didn't join until now seeing there are others on the same boat. I guess it's a way to make the time fly. I do hope to get to know more GFs/Wives too.

By the way, has anyone received a letter yet with their info? I saw for Graduation that I185 will be held at Hall Healy, do you know if that is where we should be sending letters?

Take care,
    May
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jun 2011 10:39 AM
    Hi May,

Welcome aboard! I hope your hubby is doing well in boot. I'm glad to see that you are holding up well! That's terrific, some wives have a harder time keeping it together. Healy Hall is where they live(the barracks). Graduation should be on the parade field, unless there is bad weather then they move you into the gym. Healy Hall is where you send letters. Start writing, he might not get letters for a few days to a week but when they do get them, he'll be happy to see some from home. We'll help you celebrate your anniversary, it's one you surely won't forget!

Let us know what questions you have, we'll be glad to help answer!

Macie
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    marisab

--
    27 Jun 2011 06:54 PM
    Hi!

My boyfriend of two and a half years left for boot camp on June 21st as well. On top of that, I just found out today that he is actually in India 185. My boyfriend doesn't have an actual family, so my family gets his official letters and such.

My boyfriend and I have been long distance for a while, but we are best friends and are used to hearing from one another every day for hours. So this is hard on us as well. Especially since he's celebrating his birthday in boot camp (poor him, I guess.) I feel so much better and closer to him when I write a letter to him, I know he won't read it for a week or two, but it makes me feel like I'm talking to him every day like I used to. It's almost like a diary. It's really what gets me through. I miss him, but it's more bearable than I thought it would be. Then again, between work and school I don't have much time to think about him. Is anyone else avidly writing letters?

I'm not sure where their graduation will be, but I think the graduation is always in this same location (either the indoor or outdoor location based on the weather.) I know my boyfriend is living in the Healy Hall at least according to where I address his mail. It's crazy that there other people with significant others right now in I-185 with the same go in date, but hopefully they all come out on August 12th as expected!

-Marisa
    Mariangely

--
    28 Jun 2011 10:28 AM
    My husband left the 21st too and it hurted me alot knowing that I wont see him for 45 more days also I'm 4 months pregnant an d we gotted married last Sunday the 19 I only. Spent 1 day w him after the wedding I miss him so bad I don't know anything about him and it's really hard
    Mariangely

--
    28 Jun 2011 10:28 AM
    My husband left the 21st too and it hurted me alot knowing that I wont see him for 45 more days also I'm 4 months pregnant an d we gotted married last Sunday the 19 I only. Spent 1 day w him after the wedding I miss him so bad I don't know anything about him and it's really hard
    Mariangely

--
    28 Jun 2011 10:31 AM
    Omg I been w mine scince octobEr of the 2008 do you have any fb? Well I want to kno more wives that are thru what I am!
    efiw_otnasirk

--
    28 Jun 2011 12:33 PM
    Thanks!
    efiw_otnasirk

--
    28 Jun 2011 12:46 PM
    Mariangely,

try to keep as happy and positive as you can be...for you and your baby! Congratulations! I know your new hubby misses you too but don't forget to keep positive.. i miss my hubby so much too...we were best friends before we were a couple (2006) and been inseparable since then...the most i'v been away from him is a weekend, so it's been hard not being able to talk to him or hear from him, but i do keep myself as busy...scrapbooks are helping me a lot although it makes me teary-eyed...and I write to him every time i miss him (sometime 3 times a day...his buddies must be making fun of him right now since he gets so much letters all from me...hahaha), like a journal or something, but try to to outweigh the positive from the negative because he must be going through a lot too and i know he would want his wife and baby to be happy and healthy. I do have FB. There is a FB group for India 185, that can keep you busy as well.

Take care!
    Marylanddad

--
    30 Jun 2011 09:27 AM
    Hi all, my son too left for BC on the 21st. He is in India 185, I think of him so very often as it is his first time away from home. I hope everyone in India 185 are looking out for each other and supporting one another.
    If anyone has any news from India 185, can you please share?
    Marylanddad

--
    30 Jun 2011 09:28 AM
    Hi, that is where I am sending my letters.
    Mariangely

--
    02 Jul 2011 08:38 PM
    i know its been so hard and you are not the only one i send him like 3 or more letters that i writte a day he gonna be surprise but he asked to writte him alot so i am! yeah i miss him alot
    proud_momma

--
    05 Jul 2011 07:26 AM
    Hey everyone! My daughter is in India 185. She is 18 and just graduated high school on the 4th of June. This is her first time being away from home and had a really hard time the first few days at boot camp but she is doing great now. She loves it and can't believe how fast time is going by. I am so proud of her for pushing through her doubts and rising to the challenges of boot camp, I can't wait to see her with her head held high on August 12th!!!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Jul 2011 08:09 AM
    Even the most experienced world traveler can have a tough time in those first few days. It is a lot to adjust to, throw in first time away from home and oh boy... I'll bet it was rough. But you will see one amazing young lady on August 12th! More than one mom has said "Boot camp did in 8 weeks what I couldn't do in 18 years!" LOL If you have any questions, let us know how we can help. Welcome aboard.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    mamatforet

--
    06 Jul 2011 07:21 AM
    Hi everyone. My son Drake, left for boot camp on June 21 and he is in India 185. I have been so lost since he left. Thank GOD I found this forum and other people with connections to India 185. Drake turned 21 yrs old in boot camp and I am so much the proud mom. He decided at 20 to do a complete career change. My husband and I supported him 100% in his decision to be a Coastie. I haven't heard anything from him yet and that's the hard part. I went from talking to him on a daily basis to nothing. Any information on India 185 would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to connecting with other moms and family members of India 185.

efiw_otnasirk

--
    06 Jul 2011 04:40 PM
    I just saw that they posted on their journal here is the link...then on the right side you will see India 185

http://www.uscgbootcamp.com/go/doc/763/476815
    efiw_otnasirk

--
    06 Jul 2011 04:40 PM
    Also, if you have Facebook add India 185. There are some lovely pictures of our Coasties!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    07 Jul 2011 09:42 AM
    agreed ; this forum is an excellent source of straight-up information.
    If you would like to see pictures and engage in more casual chatter, the FB unit pages are an option. Check out USCG Parents, Family and Friends, and moms, there is also a closed group community on Facebook for you-- USCG Moms. Welcome to the ride!
    Bla4110

--
    07 Jul 2011 06:41 PM
    I've been trying to find India 185 on fb since I saw on here that there is one. But everytime I search for it nothing ever shows up.. If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks guys!
    rornelas

--
    07 Jul 2011 08:15 PM
    search uscg india 185 and click on see results for uscg india 185. You will have to request to join first then you should be good to go!
    MCPOHarold

--
    08 Jul 2011 07:30 AM
    Search for USCG India 185 or better yet, go here. http://www.facebook.com/groups/100397420048797
    pampar252

--
    08 Jul 2011 09:59 AM
    Hey everyone! My son, Gary, went to boot camp on the 21st after turning 18 on the 17th. He is in India 185. I am so proud of him and miss him so much. I saw the video on youtube of the sunset parade and he was right in the front! He looks so handsome in his uniform! Can't wait til graduation in August.
    dragyn5

--
    08 Jul 2011 11:50 AM
    I am Heidi Merrigan and my son, Ian McLean is in basic with India 185. His cousin is in the Coast Guard and his grandfather served many years ago. Ian is 20 years old and an extreme athlete. He is a cyclist, runner and taught skiing and snowboarding this past year. We are from the San Bernardino mountains of Southern California. Ian is also an actor and an apprentice falconer...and has a great sense of humor! He is not sure if he wants to do maritime enforcement, boatswain's mate or gunner's mate...we'll see. He is hoping to get stationed in California or Florida.
    Bla4110

--
    08 Jul 2011 05:34 PM
    Thank you! I just requested them!
    SOONIE

--
    12 Jul 2011 02:39 PM
    Hi my name is Carol, my son is in INDIA 185 he left home on June 20, 2011 from Hawaii!! My son said we could follow the team on facebook - Well we're just about the 1/2 way mark...
    blsdw3al

--
    28 Jul 2011 11:20 AM
    My name is Christie Stephens and my son is Will Stephens from Montgomery, AL. He is 18 and graduated high school less than a month before leaving. He was lucky enough to go in with a friend although they are not going to be stationed close to one another after bootcamp.

As graduation is approving I'm becoming more nervous than when he left. I think knowing I will get to see him and hug him will make everything wonderful.

The hardest part I think is going to be when he leaves for his station in Key West on the USCGC Mohawk. It's a 14 hour drive from home. I feel like I'm not going to see him for what will seem like forever. When he left for bootcamp I knew it was for 8 weeks. Going to his station I have no clue as to when I will see him next.

Just getting harder on a mom yet exciting.
    blsdw3al

--
    28 Jul 2011 11:23 AM

Posted By blsdw3al on 28 Jul 2011 12:20 PM
    My name is Christie Stephens and my son is Will Stephens from Montgomery, AL. He is 18 and graduated high school less than a month before leaving. He was lucky enough to go in with a friend although they are not going to be stationed close to one another after bootcamp.

As graduation is approaching I'm becoming more nervous than when he left. I think knowing I will get to see him and hug him will make everything wonderful.

The hardest part I think is going to be when he leaves for his station in Key West on the USCGC Mohawk. It's a 14 hour drive from home. I feel like I'm not going to see him for what will seem like forever. When he left for bootcamp I knew it was for 8 weeks. Going to his station I have no clue as to when I will see him next.

Just getting harder on a mom yet exciting.

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Jul 2011 12:10 PM
    I was in Texas, I'm in Wisconsin now, my son is in Boston. I know what you are feeling. But we talk all the time on the phone. I have gone to Boston to see him, he flew home to Texas once. He hasn't been to Wisconsin yet but I'm sure he will eventually. I have already received a request for some "mommy & me" time in October. I'll be going back to Boston for a few days. The communication is a whole lot better once they are out of boot camp. So you might not see him every Sunday for dinner, you'll be able to talk to him often.

Welcome aboard. If youhave any questions, let us know. We'll do our best to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    kgreg32211

--
    06 Aug 2011 12:44 PM
    Hey!! My husband is in India 185.... we found out we are stationed in Umpqua River, OR! I am so excited they are almost finished!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement