Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Honor Guard
Last Post 19 Oct 2011 09:27 AM by MisterSixer. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Chente

--
03 Jul 2011 02:45 PM
    Im 6'2 and my recruiter said the people at boot camp might want me to do honor guard...so has anyone done honor guard & want to tell me what goes down??
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Jul 2011 06:15 PM
    http://www.uscg.mil/honorguard/default.asp Or, you could just use the magic of google to learn about it.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    05 Jul 2011 06:38 PM
    Im currently in the Honor Guard. Message me or ask any questions on here and I'd be glad to answer. I have a couple more months there before I head out to "A" school. Here is a video that was just made by a CG PA. :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-LsWdht7ag

I'm the one on the treadmill closest to the camera. The Honor Guard is a very unique unit and I personally love it. It is certainly different than the rest of the stuff the Coast Guard does. When is your ship date for boot camp? We come and recruit typically during your 3rd week I think. Its sometime right before you make your dream sheet.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    05 Jul 2011 06:49 PM
    Here is another recent video made by one of our PA SN.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31_f...re=related
    I'm sure you'll have a lot of questions so feel free to ask
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    05 Jul 2011 09:05 PM
    Ok, just because I am curious, how do you select your recruits during basic? I don't ever seem to recall the Honor Guard coming in, and what are you even looking for from someone in week 3 of training?
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    06 Jul 2011 10:41 AM
    Well first of all there are physical requirements that must be met. If those aren't met, there isn't much that can be done. Next you need to know that the final decision is made by the Chief and OIC. We have a questionnaire that you fill out and after we talk about the honor guard, we spend some time taking pictures of the recruits that are interested and talking with them. It depends on what the honor guard needs at the time but a big thing is maturity. You can tell a lot about a person by what they write on the questionnaire and how they are when you talk to them. Being a billet with a majority of SN, maturity is a big issue. There are other factors that come into account and if you have specific questions feel free to ask.....I don't know which aspect you're interested in. The Honor Guard tends to be the face of the coast guard and does spend a lot of time in the public eye along with high ranking officers. Its an amazing, unique, and busy job. If you have the opportunity to go to the honor guard, I would certainly recommend it. That's just my opinion and its not for everybody.....
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    06 Jul 2011 01:05 PM
    I have some friends that are in the Honor Guard, and they love it. I just never knew how or why they got chosen. Now I know. Thanks!
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    06 Jul 2011 01:48 PM
    Who are your friends that are here?
    MisterSixer

--
    17 Oct 2011 01:13 PM
    Hi mkelly, thanks for the info. I know that the CG is the only branch that has a recruit Honor Guard team at BT. I'm still in the early stages of enlistment, but if I make it to BT this is something I'm certainly interested in. Do you know if there is a height requirement for the recruit HG? I'm 5' 11" and I've read that 6' is the minimum for men. Does that apply to the recruit HG or the CG HG in general? Thanks.
    MisterSixer

--
    19 Oct 2011 09:27 AM
    I created a new post for my question in General Questions.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement