Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
family benifits
Last Post 01 Dec 2004 08:40 AM by cerian. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CoastiesWife

--
04 Jun 2003 06:27 AM
    Hello out there. I am a new member here and I have a few questions that I hope some one can answer for me. Just to tell you a bit about me: I am 19 years old and the man that I have been dating for the last 2 1/2 years joined the CG about a year ago. He is currently stationed on Kodiak Island in Alaska, which is not so great just becuse I am in Missouri (where he is also from). He recently asked me to marry him and I accepted with a yes. tongue I am in college back home most of the year and we see each other for only about 3 weeks a year (once in May and once in December). I wish to move to where he is stationed at but I am unsure of how the benifits and such will go. We dont plan to get married for another 2 years or so, so how will our situation be looked upon? If he and I are living together off base, will the housing allowance cover our rent or will we have to pay for it ourselves? If anyone can help us in the situtation we are in and can possibly give me some insight as to what lie ahead for us as a couple it would be greatly appericiated. Thank you so much.
    MrsFS

--
    16 Nov 2003 02:11 PM
    Gee.. I so have to come here more often. I can't believe you've been waiting since JUNE!

Anyway, there are a half dozen places other spouses hang out. Frequently couples get married in a legal ceremony in order that the spouse has the legal rights of a military dependant, and then had the big white ceremony later. I would consider that if I were you in my opinion.

Hubby and I weren't married and lived together for awhile. There were times I felt shunned from the other wives attached to the unit... (lol.. like wives come with units)... I'm thinking, that you should be packed... because he's gonna get any unit he wants when he get out of AK. Also it's gonna cost you a hugh amount to move up there, if the military doesn't foot the bill. Did you check out the ferry from AK? Sometimes it's booked a year in advance. As I see it, you have two choices... get married and get as much assistance as you can to get up there. Red Cross or a mutual assistance loan to pay for transportation. Or you can wait the two years, he'll rotate and you all can be together.

Don't forget HRSIC is in Topeka... you'd be close to home if he wanted to be there! Good Luck... Long distance relationships... are difficult at best. :p
    My Prayer...

Thank you to the powers that be for keeping my husband in the SE US.  Please God watch over him, as after 16 years u/w land is a strange thing to him...
    cerian

--
    01 Dec 2004 08:40 AM
    Yeah, you pretty much have to be legally married before you get any help from the military. Once you are married, though, they will pay to move you and your belongings to where he is at. Before you get married, you won't be able to get any benefits, and they may not even let him live off post depending on his rank, which means he will not get any sort of housing allowance, and you will not have a place to stay, while he will be in a barracks. Once oyu get married he will be able to move into military housing with you or off post and get a housing allowance.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement