Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Anyone into Cars?
Last Post 13 Sep 2011 11:50 PM by BadTuna. 56 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
JA1991

--
11 Aug 2011 12:21 PM
Yea i seen that a couple of them had some problems with the paint chips. I imagine if it's a known problem it would probably be covered under warranty?
Iceman1978

--
11 Aug 2011 12:31 PM
They should, but some people have had trouble getting Nissan to pay.

If I had to pick three sports/muscle cars on the market today I'd pick the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8, 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 and the 2SS Camaro.

I wish Mitsubishi would bring back the 3000GT, Toyota bring back the Supra, and Acura bring back the NSX.
JA1991

--
11 Aug 2011 12:58 PM
Supra for sure. I do like the Mustang and Camaro, I'd love to own an early 90's 5.0.
dodge69874

--
11 Aug 2011 03:32 PM
Thanks, I really enjoyed modifing the Vic since it's so hard to imagine them as anything but a cop car. And yeah, I would definitely go with the S2K. Especially with a hardtop. I attended a JDM South meet with my buddies recently and they had some really clean looking S2K's over there.

And yeah, Terminator Cobra's are pushing 500-700 rwhp like it's nothing nowadays. Twin turbo one's easily push over 1000 rwhp. Me, I'd be happy with a daily driven 500-700 rwhp one. My buddy had a 2003 Mustang V6 in Screaming Yellow with a built V8 swapped in and a centrifugal supercharger. It was making power somewhere in the 400's I believe.
JA1991

--
11 Aug 2011 05:37 PM
Nice!! That's excactly what i want, s2k hardtop, around 600-700hp Daily driver. That's what all my pay checks are going to go towards =)
dodge69874

--
12 Aug 2011 01:25 PM
That does sound sweet. And yeah, back in the day when I was working at the movies and living with my parents, a large part of my paychecks would go into mods and stuff. lol.

Also, for the S2K there's three styles of hardtops I've seen, one is the OEM which is a shorter type which looks kind of like the factory convertible top, then there is the Mugen one which looks kind of similar but with sharper angles and stuff, and the other is the Spoon one which is a longer fastback style which looks great in my opinion. My personal preference would be the Spoon hardtop.

And yeah, those rides can be pretty fun and quick, and there's a few pics of some S2K's popping wheelies, so you know they have potential. Well, good luck.
JA1991

--
12 Aug 2011 05:34 PM
Yea they do, the earlier s2k has a 9k redline which is pretty sweet. I like the Mugen but i also really like the Amuse hardtop, i think they only come in carbon fiber. I don't think i'd ever own one but they're pretty cool haha.
And yea after i'm out of basic and save up a little bit of cash i plan on buying and 05 s2k. I mean i'll get to live on base and stuff, and probably won't have any bills so why not.
ATLCoastie

--
13 Aug 2011 10:13 AM
Iceman, people seem to look over the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 .. but I have been looking around for a while & decided that that is the car I will be buying after basic training ! Glad to see someone knows about it .. lol
JA1991

--
13 Aug 2011 10:36 AM
I think they look pretty nice, online i've seen people hitting 500 whp with a supercharger exhaust and a tune.  The only bad thing i've heard about is the paint peeling.
Iceman1978

--
13 Aug 2011 11:49 AM
ATL, Hyundai has come a long way in the past decade. The new Sonata, Genesis and the Coupe are all big improvements for the company.

When do you go to basic?
JA1991

--
13 Aug 2011 12:22 PM
I really like the V8 sedans. The Genesis that is.
ATLCoastie

--
13 Aug 2011 01:00 PM
I dont like the sedans at all .. I'm a 2-door kinda guy lol .. but I leave for basic Aug. 23rd Iceman .
JA1991

--
13 Aug 2011 05:06 PM
Dang lucky, i wish i could leave sooner. And i know how you feel, that's why i want a s2k or 370z, coupes are so much more nicer when you don't have a family.
ATLCoastie

--
13 Aug 2011 06:37 PM
when are you supposed to leave ? but yeah , i used to have a mustang & i love coupes & the new Genesis coupe seems like it is a decent car for the price.
JA1991

--
13 Aug 2011 10:31 PM
Well it was supposed to be September, but i didn't have all my stuff done so now it's getting pushed back to November or December.
ATLCoastie

--
14 Aug 2011 02:22 PM
oh okay .. that leaves more time to get prepared !!
JA1991

--
15 Aug 2011 07:17 AM
Heck yea, i've been preparing since March.
steiner_13

--
01 Sep 2011 10:22 AM
Im a big fan of older cars from the 50's to the 80's
JA1991

--
02 Sep 2011 08:44 PM
I wouldn't mind an older camaro, 69-early 70's
JA1991

--
02 Sep 2011 08:44 PM
Well to be honest, i'm a car guy. I wouldn't mind having one of everything haha
Iceman1978

--
05 Sep 2011 06:37 PM
I may be trading in the BMW for a 2010 Camaro.
JA1991

--
05 Sep 2011 07:43 PM
That would be pretty sweet. I really like the look of the new camaro.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
06 Sep 2011 06:47 AM
We did a test drive on the new Camaro. I do NOT like the windshield. The dash is high, the roof low and because of the on star and antennas embedded in the windshield your line of vision is VERY limited. They had a little course at the dealership and then the salesman asked if I wanted to take it out on the road to feel the engine on the highway. I said nope, not at all. I wouldn't trust that I could see everything around me. I really was uncomfortable with a windshield like that! I'm sure it is something that can be gotten used to with time but the possibilities of crunching into more than one person while adjusting, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Then we went and did a test drive on the Dodge Challenger! That was fantastic. Not only the grip, the feel, the cockpit area was comfortable, the windshield left open for great viewing space. Also, with the Challenger I sat down in the car, I stood up to get out of the car. The Camaro I felt like I plopped onto a skateboard it was so low and then I had to roll out to get my knees to straighten up. (But that is just being an old lady, the knees aren't happy trying to stand me up when they are higher than the hips. Old age sucks! LOL)
Sector NY, Staten Island
Trusted Member / Administrator
chukles

--
06 Sep 2011 07:43 AM
I agree, love the look and style of both vehicles, and typically I am a chevy guy. But the Challenger had a better feel and response than the camaro. Love them both but would buy a challenger first,
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
Iceman1978

--
06 Sep 2011 11:03 AM
The Camaro does have a lot of blind spots. When I drove the 3000GT it was the same way but you get used to it. I've always been more about coupes and sports/muscle cars than sedans, but then again I'm only 33. When I get older, and especially if I ever have back problems, that may change.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
06 Sep 2011 11:13 AM
Challenger isn't a sedan. Not even close to a sedan. Charger is more sedan styling with 4 doors and larger body.
Sector NY, Staten Island
BadTuna

--
13 Sep 2011 11:50 PM
New stangs got em both beat (camaro + challenger).

P.S parking the new camaro is NOT fun.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement