Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEPOT September 11, 2011
Last Post 04 Oct 2011 11:18 AM by cb1918. 40 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
cb1918

--
20 Jul 2011 06:05 PM
    I swore in and signed on 7/19/11. I report Sept. 11, the 10 year anniversary. There was another person that swore in with me who is shipping on this day too. I will invite him to our forum. I am excited and absolutely ready to get started on this journey! I know this is an outstanding privilege, and I am ready to serve with pride and honor!

"It's classified"
    justfishinjj

--
    24 Jul 2011 08:13 PM
    cb
    september was full but im shipping october 16th from tampa
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    25 Jul 2011 01:09 PM

Full! That's the first I've heard about DEPOT getting full. I wonder how many of us they take at one time. October is a nice month to go as well. Not too cold yet, and not too hot. I will let you know the in's and outs of DEPOT since I go before you

"It's classified"
    SonataRain

--
    27 Jul 2011 04:55 PM
    September 11? Bootcamp starts Sept 13 though, correct? I'm on the Sept 13th start date, though I am reporting back to MEPS Sept 11, so I imagine you ought to be in the same group as I. There is another forum for boot camp ship dates titled Sept 13, you should check out that one!

_EDIT_

Oh nevermind, I just looked up DEPOT, you're going in to officer training, good for you!! Is that still in Cape May?
    justfishinjj

--
    27 Jul 2011 07:23 PM
    Yes DEPOT is in Cape May and they always ship out on Sundays, the day before the fun begins!
    BDUB

--
    29 Jul 2011 08:53 AM
    cb1918,

I swore in on the same day and will be in the 9/11 DEPOT class as well! It's been a long time in the making and I wondered many times if I would ever get the opportunity. I am super stoked! Where are you flying in from?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    30 Jul 2011 11:16 AM
    Posted By SonataRain on 27 Jul 2011 04:55 PM
    September 11? Bootcamp starts Sept 13 though, correct? I'm on the Sept 13th start date, though I am reporting back to MEPS Sept 11, so I imagine you ought to be in the same group as I. There is another forum for boot camp ship dates titled Sept 13, you should check out that one!

_EDIT_

Oh nevermind, I just looked up DEPOT, you're going in to officer training, good for you!! Is that still in Cape May?

Yup, we're in Cape May too. We could still run into each other even though we're in different groups. I read somewhere DEPOT is in the same building and we share the squad bay with girls from different companies.
    "It's classified"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    30 Jul 2011 11:20 AM
    Posted By BDUB on 29 Jul 2011 08:53 AM
    cb1918,

I swore in on the same day and will be in the 9/11 DEPOT class as well! It's been a long time in the making and I wondered many times if I would ever get the opportunity. I am super stoked! Where are you flying in from?

BDUB,
    I wondered the same thing too. It got a little bumpy, but it's done now! I am flying out of Tampa. I have my itinerary here, I arrive in Philly at 1431. What about you?
    "It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    04 Aug 2011 03:08 PM
    Just to clarify - s.

There will be one company of 8-week recruits on the 02 Deck. You will not have any interaction with them. The only other company that could be on your deck is Company Commander school. Trust me, you DON'T want to run into them.

All in all, you'll be fine. Oh and if you run into Petty Officer Harmon, make sure you refer to him as Pee-Wee. He likes that.
    swright1

--
    04 Aug 2011 04:43 PM
    Unless you prefer to get your heads cracked, do not call Petty Officer Harmon "Pee-Wee". Best of Luck to all of you.
    BDUB

--
    04 Aug 2011 06:03 PM

I am flying out of Wilmington, NC.

stonecold176

--
    09 Aug 2011 03:32 PM
    I am set to also leave Florida on Sept 11th... I just found out this week so I don't know about DEPOT being full?
    Mightymouse1119

--
    09 Aug 2011 03:55 PM
    Yep did that mistake " Depot recruit....." Petty Officer Pee wee " ya did not go so well Right Guys... lol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    09 Aug 2011 05:58 PM
    Hey stonecold! Where in Florida are you from?

mightymouse-What did you do? I got your number, I will call ya with questions. But, you gotta fill me in on this Pee wee bit 
    "It's classified"
    Mightymouse1119

--
    09 Aug 2011 06:18 PM
    It's a funny stories, I got caught between the door and this Company Commander ( Petty Officer Harmon) , and I said Permission to pass by Petty Officer Herman, and he lost it............ need less to say at the Squadbay all jokes broke lose, it was a good time, now looking back.....
    stonecold176

--
    10 Aug 2011 08:06 AM
    CB... I live in Panama City Beach
    sideshow

--
    10 Aug 2011 01:33 PM
    I've been reading the posts and just wanted to add that that I got sworn last Friday and will be shipping out for DEPOT September 11, too. I leave from Oregon. Very excited! And will see you all soon!
    stonecold176

--
    10 Aug 2011 01:56 PM
    Is everyone already rated or going into as a nonrate?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    11 Aug 2011 10:53 AM
    I'm from Tampa.  I'm IS. What about you?
    "It's classified"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    11 Aug 2011 10:54 AM
    Posted By sideshow on 10 Aug 2011 01:33 PM
    I've been reading the posts and just wanted to add that that I got sworn last Friday and will be shipping out for DEPOT September 11, too. I leave from Oregon. Very excited! And will see you all soon!

Congrats sideshow and welcome! See you in Philly!
    "It's classified"
    BDUB

--
    11 Aug 2011 05:58 PM
    I am nonrated.
    Mightymouse1119

--
    11 Aug 2011 06:58 PM
    Congrats!!!!!!
    coastie2679

--
    13 Aug 2011 08:31 PM
    Wright-eye - c'mon man, let them have a little fun!  Stonecold - you talk to mightymouse?  He's prior Marine Corps.  Let's just say that he had to take the swim test more than once...
    Mightymouse1119

--
    15 Aug 2011 09:23 AM
    hahahaha, coastie2679, is not joking, remedial swim for me everyday, I lost 9lb........
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    16 Aug 2011 11:13 AM
    Question for you guys--What reaction are you getting from people when you tell them you report on Sept. 11th? I get mostly negative comments, like "oh, that's not a good day" or "eww...of all days" 
    WTH?
    "It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    17 Aug 2011 08:20 AM
    cb - who is giving you that reaction?  Are they military or civilian?  I can probably speak for most people on this forum, and the guys in my company, when I say that entering any branch of the military on that day is an honor.  It brings special meaning to what you are doing.  Every year for the last 10 years, that has been a special day for men and women to re-enlist - a lot of them at Ground Zero. 

I would take pride in what you are doing and the day you are doing it.  The rest of them don't understand. 
    justfishinjj

--
    17 Aug 2011 02:26 PM
    amen coastie-
    well said!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    18 Aug 2011 09:28 AM
    Coastie~

That is exactly how I see it! I am honored to report Sept. 11th. It will be a day that I will reflect and remember what happened to this country and reinforce my commitment to join the Coast Guard. It will have special meaning. 
    The responses come from civilians. You are so right, they just don't understand. 
    "It's classified"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    01 Sep 2011 11:47 AM
    10 more days everyone! Are you ready?  
    "It's classified"
    raheafner

--
    04 Sep 2011 12:46 AM
    9/11 DEPOT here too, shipping from Gulfport, MS. 1 more week and I can't wait any longer. I may be the only one who feels this is a vacation just to get away from work.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement