Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Lima 185
Last Post 29 Apr 2012 08:26 PM by brittany_lundgren. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
amwall

--
21 Jul 2011 08:38 AM
    My son just started boot camp on 19JUL11 and I noticed the website http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recruit/FAQs.asp hadn't been updated yet. I contacted them and they are now L185 graduating 09SEP11. Go company.

After a horrible trip to get to PHL he finally arrived at 11:25 and had to sleep at the USO and be picked up the next day. Southwest couldn't land the first time at PHL and after circling the airport had to land in Dulles. Several hour delay there and then right when they were getting ready to take off, the 1st officer was over his flight hours and they had to take him back to the gate and get another pilot! Nerve racking for an 18 year old who is nervous enough about boot camp and then to miss the bus to boot camp! Can't wait to hear from him to hear how it is going.

Hopefully a Facebook site will be set up for them soon!

Chat with you soon.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Jul 2011 09:13 AM
    Oh no, what an experience to begin your Coast Guard career with. Well when you write, just tell him that can be expected. Situation normal... Hope all goes smooth from here. Welcome aboard. If you have any questions or just want to chat, jump right in. We're always happy to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Megan Nicole

--
    21 Jul 2011 02:31 PM
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/2089...p_activity

The facebook site! My boyfriend is in this company as well!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    22 Jul 2011 09:17 AM
    Amwall, you will be all right, and so will your son! My son graduated Yankee 183, last October. He missed the bus to Cape May, too, by about 10 minutes, after flying from CA. It does happen, and he actually had a great time at the USO. They are wonderful people.
    Your first letter will be a form letter with basic info, then maybe a quick note (ours was one line.) The first few weeks they are very stressed and have very little time, so expect a bummed out letter or two--but they WILL get better. Just stay positive and encouraging no matter what ; remember that anything that freaks your recruit out will be long over by the time you hear of it, and even older history by the time you write him back and he reads the letter.
    If you would like to chat with some other moms, try FB page USCG Moms, a closed site for discussion etc.
    Welcome!
    CGHusband

--
    25 Jul 2011 09:37 AM
    My wife is in Lima 185! I miss her so much. You never realize EXACTLY how integral someone is in your life until they are gone. The hardest part of her being away is that I can't talk to her. How are you all adjusting to your loved ones being gone? I'm writing every day letting her know that she's doing something special, even if it doesn't seem like it yet. I'm looking forward to seeing the recruit journals when they start next week. I've been looking back to the past company's week 2 journals and trying to piece together what her and her company are going through.

Any advice, anyone? I'm doing my best to be strong for her and to not let her know that I'm adjusting slowly. I guess the way I look at it is that she could very well be on a large cutter and this is only the first time she'll be gone for two months at a time, with the only difference being that I can talk to her then.

I can't wait for 9 September! I hope and pray every day that I will see her then.
    Megan Nicole

--
    25 Jul 2011 02:01 PM
    My boyfriend is in L-185. I miss him terribly and also write him daily. We have been together for 4 1/2 years an eventually plan on getting married. I had a really awful time adjusting this week and really broke down on Saturday. I am past that now and am excited for the future. I am excited to receive letters from him and also can't wait for the journals. Are you on facebook? There is a really cool page where after week 5 you can watch the recruits run. My name is Megan by the way. If you ever need to talk or vent. Feel free! I needed to this weekend and fellow CG spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, and family helped me a lot!
    CGHusband

--
    25 Jul 2011 05:05 PM
    Thanks Megan, my name is Ken. I joined the Lima185 page on FB. I am pretty much fine, it is really just fleeting moments when it hits me. Luckily, I've had a couple good friends help pick me up because they know it's hard to be away from your companion. I'm looking at this experience as positive as possible; I know that she will really benefit from bootcamp and her career (which she has been struggling to find since I've known her) is now solid and hers to take. I think it's cool we'll be able to live in other parts of the country and experience new things. I actually got a short note from her today on the letter they send out, and she says she is good. That was the best thing to hear!

I also can't wait to get letters, and in a week we get a journal. Hopefully Lima 185 isn't as concise as some companies are. Some of the entries are a small paragraph, and others have day by day breakdowns. Lets hope Lima is the later.
    Megan Nicole

--
    25 Jul 2011 06:00 PM
    I feel exactly the same. I was okay until Saturday and fell apart. My friends also really helped me. I am so excited to move around as well. My boyfriend just wants me to start and finish LPN school before I move with him.

I really hope their journals are thorough. If you want to see the runs beginning week 5 request "Blue Fish Inn" on facebook.
    CGHusband

--
    25 Jul 2011 08:47 PM
    What's the Blue Fish Inn?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Jul 2011 06:19 AM
    A hotel in Cape May that posts youtube videos of the recruits on their Sunday off base runs.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    CGHusband

--
    26 Jul 2011 10:50 PM
    ah, cool. Good to know!
    MumShowers

--
    31 Jul 2011 08:22 PM
    Our youngest son was also with your son! He is the older of yours and and the other young man out of high school that left that day! Was that a crazy day for those boys or what? Our son was handed the papers and told you're in charge! I'm sure he just about croaked! But it sounds like they'll all handled it well. My husband and his brother get a letter and the info got passed on to me! I'm dying to know how it's all going. Just really homesick for him! I know he's tired and sore! I think so far so good!!! He's been bombarded with letters from his Momma though!! I don't think he'll mind! I agree, I can't wait to hear from him too! Hang in there!!
    brittany_lundgren

--
    29 Apr 2012 08:26 PM
    Hey how long is the cgc Eagle out for at a time? My husband is at his A School and he heard that there's a couple openings on there. Do you know how long they're out???
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement