Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEPOT October 16, 2011
Last Post 07 Nov 2011 08:46 PM by cb1918. 34 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
justfishinjj

--
24 Jul 2011 08:10 PM
    Im confirmed from Tampa, FL as an MST.  Anyone else shipping with me? Started the application processes back the 2nd of april.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    25 Jul 2011 01:18 PM
    Did you get Sector St. Pete or Clearwater?
    "It's classified"
    justfishinjj

--
    27 Jul 2011 07:28 PM
    Hey cb-

I actually got Canaveral. Looking forward to going over to east coast at least once a month....'mini vacation' :-)
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    30 Jul 2011 11:24 AM
    Posted By justfishinjj on 27 Jul 2011 07:28 PM
    Hey cb-

I actually got Canaveral. Looking forward to going over to east coast at least once a month....'mini vacation' :-)

No doubt! Nice gig you got going there. Canaveral is nice. And you got MST. That's not an easy rate to come by as a reservist! You go with your bad self justfishinjj!
    "It's classified"
    coastie2679

--
    04 Aug 2011 03:00 PM
    I don't think there's a DEPOT program in October. I think the last one starts 11-SEP-11...
    justfishinjj

--
    04 Aug 2011 06:30 PM
    Posted By coastie2679 on 04 Aug 2011 03:00 PM
    I don't think there's a DEPOT program in October. I think the last one starts 11-SEP-11...

well that doesnt make me feel good. is my recruiter incorrect about my date?how can i find out from another source when depot dates are?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    04 Aug 2011 10:34 PM
    My recruiter also said there is a DEPOT class in October. Call him/her just to re-confirm. Things change, you never know. 

Coastie2679-Welcome back and congratulations! Would love to hear all about DEPOT! I've got 37 days left to go
    "It's classified"
    Mightymouse1119

--
    08 Aug 2011 03:55 PM
    any question about Depot let me know, and I think Coastie 2679, could attest be prepare to pass all on the first week, I had trouble with the Swim....... Gangway Guide on
    coastie2679

--
    13 Aug 2011 08:24 PM
    Unless the website is incorrect (which it very well could be) the next (and final) DEPOT class of 2011 is 11-SEP.  I would definitely check with your recruiter.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recr...ations.asp

MightyMouse and I have lots of stories of DEPOT - too long to share over e-mail.  If you want, PM me your phone # and i'll be happy to talk about them.  One guy already has. 
    xmcr

--
    16 Aug 2011 02:04 PM
    Hello everyone.

I thought I join in. I'm preparing to join Oct 16. DEPOT. My recruiter is working hard right now to get me into A school and then put me into Oct 16 DEPOT.

My recruiter tells me it's bit tight but .... *fingers crossed*

I'm going to NY Sector, Staten Island as MST. If everything is settled by next few weeks.

coastie2679

--
    17 Aug 2011 08:21 AM
    xmcr - that's great!  See my post below about the DEPOT dates. I'll be at ESD NY (right up the hill at Ft. Wadsworth) and another guy I was in DEPOT with is currently at MST A-school and will be stationed in Staten Island as well.  Hope to see you there!
    justfishinjj

--
    13 Sep 2011 09:09 PM
    Is there not one person in my depot class? My recruiter is kind of giving me the run around. Told me 3 weeks for depot and now its changed to 4. Any thoughts? Are they tweeking the program?
    PNWcoastiereserve

--
    13 Sep 2011 11:29 PM
    My recruiter is trying to get me into the October 16 DEPOT.  Just waiting to confirm my ship date.

I found out last week I am confirmed for the BM "A" School beginning Feb. 13, 2012 and will be assigned to PSU 313.
    justfishinjj

--
    14 Sep 2011 08:17 PM
    PNW- Let me know if you get your date.
    PNWcoastiereserve

--
    15 Sep 2011 03:22 PM
    I met with my recruiter this morning to fill out some final paperwork and send my packet to Cape May.

I will be meeting with my recruiter again early next week to either swear in or fill out a packet for the January DEPOT.  Just depends on if the October DEPOT class has any remaining openings.  

I'll keep you posted.

PNWcoastiereserve

--
    16 Sep 2011 04:37 PM
    Posted By justfishinjj on 14 Sep 2011 08:17 PM
    PNW- Let me know if you get your date.

I am confirmed for October 16th.  I'm flying out of Seattle, WA.

See you at Cape May.
    justfishinjj

--
    16 Sep 2011 07:10 PM
    That's great matt! I finally have found someone that I am going in with. I read you have a young son, I have a 3 yr old that I will miss a lot! I look forward to taking this journey with people like yourself and becoming a part of the USCG! We will have to stick together!
    PNWcoastiereserve

--
    18 Sep 2011 12:23 PM
    Sounds great, I'm happy to hear there will be another parent in the class! Looking forward to meeting you in Cape May.

Matt
    hunniebecca

--
    03 Oct 2011 10:34 PM
    Confirmed for 16 Oct as well. Coming from Eastern North Carolina.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    04 Oct 2011 07:53 AM
    You are Depot company D01-12 and there are 17 in your class, according to Chief. Have fun and make the most of it!!
    "It's classified"
    hunniebecca

--
    05 Oct 2011 10:20 PM
    Thanks for the info.  Is that a typical class size?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    06 Oct 2011 10:32 AM
    Posted By Mightymouse1119 on 08 Aug 2011 03:55 PM
    any question about Depot let me know, and I think Coastie 2679, could attest be prepare to pass all on the first week, I had trouble with the Swim....... Gangway Guide on

"GANGWAY GUIDE ON"!
    "It's classified"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    06 Oct 2011 10:53 AM
    Posted By hunniebecca on 05 Oct 2011 10:20 PM
    Thanks for the info.  Is that a typical class size?

It's a little smaller than ours. We were 26 total and I think 05-11 was 25.
    "It's classified"
    hunniebecca

--
    09 Oct 2011 03:00 PM
    Any last words of advice or wisdom??
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    09 Oct 2011 07:36 PM
    Have a blast, learn as much as you can, and make the most of it!
    "It's classified"
    hunniebecca

--
    15 Oct 2011 06:13 PM
    24 hours and counting!
    justfishinjj

--
    16 Oct 2011 12:43 PM
    Here at the USO. Let the journey begin!
    stonecold176

--
    05 Nov 2011 06:57 PM
    So how was it.... any body???
    justfishinjj

--
    06 Nov 2011 04:19 PM
    It went well.  We had the usual 2 CCs with a new 3rd.  He was former Marine and he made it a 'real' boot camp.  He made the whole 3 weeks stressful and we couldnt wait to get our lead CC because he was more relaxed.  We had 18 recruits (16 male - 2 female) and 3 of us were from Tampa, FL.  Besides the 3 from Tampa, we had people from WA, Guam, Puerto Rico, NC, NM, MS, TN, Mass, etc.  I have tons of advice for future recruits if you want my insight.  The main CC that has been doing the program since it started is retiring next year and I bet the program gets harder.  I am honored to serve.  The training was very rewarding and I cant wait to get started with my unit!
    Magnetik

--
    06 Nov 2011 09:03 PM
    I would love to hear some of that insight.......
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement