Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Looking for info on Sector Buffalo NY
Last Post 03 Aug 2011 03:51 PM by WPFix. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
WPFix

--
30 Jul 2011 07:26 PM
    So i am looking for some info since it is looking to be my first pick out of GM A school, but am having a hard time finding anything. Any help?
    Wayne
    Station Washington, Washington DC
    Life long paintball player. Everyone needs a hobby!
    Graduated Lima-181, 29MAY09
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    01 Aug 2011 07:19 PM
    Well, I found out today I got my first pick, so Sector Buffalo here I come! Anyone have anything? Anyone ever been there?
    Wayne
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Aug 2011 07:45 PM
    Congratulations on the first choice! That is always exciting. I wish I knew more for you, I just have no idea. You might want to PM Chukles. He isn't at Sector but he is in Buffalo, he might be able to help you with some answers. I just know he has been so super crazy busy he might not have seen your request. But again, many congratulations! I know Buffalo gets a lot of snow.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    01 Aug 2011 08:41 PM
    yeah, I am originally from Michigan. I know all about snow. I picked it because it is only 5 hours from my mom, and my dad just passed away a few weeks ago, so I can help her out if she needs it. I guess I will have to get a passport so I can take the fast route back home. I have my wife and future sister in law searching for places in the area with a back yard for the dogs, and a garage for the 79 Vette I inherited. I will have to shoot Chuckles a message, see if he has any advice on the area.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Wayne
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Aug 2011 06:03 AM
    I am so sorry about your dad. It is never easy to lose a parent. I hope your mom is doing ok. Tell her if she needs something, reach out to us. We're all a family in an odd disfuctional sort of way. If someone is close by, I'm in Wisconsin so depending upon where in Michigan, mom to mom... we'll keep each other company. It seems an awful reason to chose a station but a very noble one and I hope it turns out to be some of your best memories in the CG.

Chukles without a "c" if you want to find him for a PM. He's a tricky one, that Chuk of ours.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    02 Aug 2011 03:56 PM
    LOL, can do, I will probably shoot him a message later this week. Yeah, I got Buffalo, but was really hoping there was gonna be a Chicago or Grand Haven billet open. Oh well, atleast I didn't take Sault Ste Marine! My brother is gonna try for Sector Detroit next year when his rotation on the Dependable is up, so he can be there to help mom out too. That and me and him have been away from home long enough. Dad's funeral was the first time me and him were home at the same time in over 8 years.
    Wayne
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    02 Aug 2011 07:22 PM
    Lol Oldguard, not tricky.....eccentric!

WPfix,

Give me call. I can fill you in on the area and get you hooked up with the right people over at Sector. I am in Global!
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Aug 2011 07:38 PM
    I swear you mention his name and like the man from behind the curtain, he magically appears.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    02 Aug 2011 07:53 PM
    rofl, I am still around and even respond to posts! I just finished three classes that was an extension to my last semester,Kitchen tear out starts Thursday, and then my last three classes for the masters degree starts in two weeks!!! An AET doing plumbing, electrical and gas line work.....there's a mix! ohhh... Got the initial paperwork for the PHD program!
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    03 Aug 2011 03:51 PM
    I would call ya, but umm, I have no idea who you are, lol. I am still waiting for the official orders, but given I am # 4 in the class, I doubt they will pull me to fill a critial fill billet. I could def use some info on what are the good neighborhoods, and which ones to avoid. And what is the traffic like?
    Wayne
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement