Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
November 185
Last Post 17 Nov 2011 10:49 AM by michellemenezes. 34 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
coastiegf

--
14 Aug 2011 10:24 AM
    Hello!

I am starting this forum for friends and family of Coast Guard Recruit Company November 185 (ship date August 2nd, graduation date September 23rd, 2011). I just want to give out any info that I thought was helpful for me.

Please share any information here about this company!

This is the mailing address for the company. They are in Healy Hall, so their address is formatted as:

SR ____________ (son's or daughter's name here)
    Recruit Company November 185,
    Healy Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

I heard this about mail: No food, newspaper clippings, magazines,glitter, and singing cards are permitted in mail. The Company Commanders will give your recruit grief if you try to send such items.

A Facebook page for this company has already been established. Login to Facebook, search for "USCG November 185", and you should find it. It is a "closed" group, which means you have to ask permission to join, which is done to keep out those with little relation to this Company.

Also their is family page for all companys as well, USCG Parents, Families and Friends this should be the link
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/134848316599261/

Hope this helps!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Aug 2011 12:02 PM
    Its so strange... some companies will have 20 peopel checking in and adding info, other companies will have one lone person, just waiting for a hello. I hope someone else finds this or there are more people on the facebook group contributing. It's always nice to have a sympathetic ear going through something with you. If you need people to caht with, we are here, just not in your company. But we'll always be happy to help and join in a conversation.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    coastiegf

--
    16 Aug 2011 08:21 PM
    lol. its ok, we actually have a couple of more people in the facebook groups, they tell me that since our coasties havent sent us mail yet telling there familys about the forum and facebook groups the rest of us has to wait till they join us. I just miss my bf so much all these coast guard forums help alot to know whats going on with his company...
    annafaris24

--
    17 Aug 2011 06:13 AM
    Good Morning.. A friend from work found this site for me as I have been patiently for the blog to post on the USCGbootcamp.com site.. I miss my daughter my heart broke yesterday when I read their blog.. But I know she Will succeed and be a stronger person .
    coastiegf

--
    17 Aug 2011 07:15 AM
    Please join us at our facebook page! There are many pictures of your coastie there marching from last fridays graduation..

The blog made me and my coasties mom cry as well...its good to know what they have been up to, and how well they are doing.
    annafaris24

--
    19 Aug 2011 12:40 PM
    My daughter just called me yesterday it was the most heart breaking call ever. She got pushed and fell and sprained ankle both knees and has shin splints on both. she was in the hospital for 4 days and got out and called again that she reinjured herself. so it looks like she may get pushed back one week .. but she is so determined that im scared she will do more damage just to suceed and graduate with November Comany..On the up side she said she lost 14 lbs so now I will worry until I hear from her again..
    annafaris24

--
    19 Aug 2011 12:40 PM
    My daughter just called me yesterday it was the most heart breaking call ever. She got pushed and fell and sprained ankle both knees and has shin splints on both. she was in the hospital for 4 days and got out and called again that she reinjured herself. so it looks like she may get pushed back one week .. but she is so determined that im scared she will do more damage just to suceed and graduate with November Comany..On the up side she said she lost 14 lbs so now I will worry until I hear from her again..
    DeanVeneziano

--
    19 Aug 2011 08:00 PM
    Hello group. My son is in November Company.

I'm pulling for everyone in the company!

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Aug 2011 08:21 PM
    Anna, hang in there, mom! I know how hard it is when you want to take care of them and you can't. They are taking care of her, very good care. If she gets rephased it truly is for her benefit and not a punishment. I know a young lady spent about 12 weeks at Cape May, I think it was that long. She had a stress fracture in one foot, got healed, 2nd foot got a stress fracture. But she made it and she is a very successful Coastie. So just write her and encourage her and let her know rephased is not a bad thing, if anything it is a plus. Then she will know she is healed and can complete boot without further injury there or in the fleet. Keep us posted, I hope it all goes well.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    20 Aug 2011 09:52 AM
    Anna, OldGuard2 is absolutely right! They are looking after your girl ; she will do well, and have the best stories to tell you.
    Love for you to join us at the closed FB page, USCG Moms. OldGuard2 pops in there now and then too
    There are several other moms there whose recruits were delayed by, but overcame, injuries in boot camp. It does happen, but recruits are tough--and we're tougher, right? We raised them!
    mikepat1987

--
    20 Aug 2011 10:15 AM
    my son is in november 185 how can we join the fb page as it is closed how do i ask for permission? thank you
    DeanVeneziano

--
    21 Aug 2011 06:28 AM
    mikepat,
    on her facebook account, my wife just clicked on the button that asked permission to join the group. they responded in a few hours.

hope that helps

coastiegf

--
    23 Aug 2011 08:23 AM
    Also please join the Family and friends page also on Facebook because it shows more pics of our coasties marching in other graduations! Someone posted November Company pics this past weekend, also if you look up uscg bootcamp you can see November Journal entry from last week on there progress there!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/134848316599261/
    annafaris24

--
    23 Aug 2011 12:29 PM
    Oldguard2 and KD thank you so much as I sit hear and read your support I still have tears in my eyes. I know she is in good hands its just the wondering how she is in her healing process right now..

Thanks again going to look on FB tonite and see if I can "see" her
    annafaris24

--
    23 Aug 2011 08:54 PM
    Sad to report that Kaitlyn has not recovered well from her injuries. She called tonite and is upset she will not be graduating with November 185. I wish everyone well here in November 185 I will move on to Oscar 185. Hopefully she wont need surgery.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Aug 2011 05:13 AM
    I'm sad to hear the news that she is being rephased but she is in very good hands. She will just come out of all of this stronger. It will all be ok. I hope she doesn't need surgery as well. Please let us know how she is doing. Let us know how you are doing... we'll keep your spirits up for you!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    annafaris24

--
    24 Aug 2011 06:28 AM
    Old guard thank you so much. I am just very emotional right now. I know medically she is in good hands. Its her emotional well being that worries me. she is concerned about bonding with oscar since she is going in after the initial bonding they have done. Now im not sure if her week 5 call will be with her november week or oscar week5?so many questions.
    annafaris24

--
    24 Aug 2011 07:16 AM
    I guess i will keep up in here as i dont see an oscar forum.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Aug 2011 07:20 AM
    She will call you with Oscar's schedule now. I can understand her thoughts about not sure she will bond and fit in... they are all shipmates. They are all Coasties, they are all striving to reach the same end. For that alone, they will welcome her into the fold rather quickly. Her only challenge will be if November company always turns right and Oscar turns left... she will just have to adjust a bit to a new "direction". As far as fitting in, she will be just wonderful.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    annafaris24

--
    24 Aug 2011 10:32 AM
    Old Guard thank you again for all the encouragement. I know moms are worriers by nature. I was unsure if she was in the same hall or not so I called and was able to speak to Father Barrett who has been speaking with Kaitlyn, after I cried some more, I felt a bit better. He seems like a wonderful man and cant wait to give him a great big hug at her eventual graduation. She did say I dont want to be Murphy. Father Barrett clarified that for me and it helped me see that all the staff is there to ensure the success of EVERY recruit. :-) THank you Thank you!!
    annafaris24

--
    24 Aug 2011 10:47 AM
    This weeks blog for November 185 is up and ready to be read. I did hear a couple of recruits were revereted to Oscar company. I started a thread for that company.
    motomomfowl6

--
    24 Aug 2011 12:36 PM
    new to this...but wow, what a great place to share! we have gotten a post card and a 4 page letter from our son. Saw the updated journal today and also my younger son found the Facebook-November 185 page so we joined there too ...we also saw " Our Coastie" in some of the photo's posted , that was great for our Family to see. He asked us to keep writing him , but he would not be consistantly writing us back *haha but he loves getting mail and hearing about our day to day !
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Aug 2011 01:29 PM
    Welcome aboard! Letters are much appreciated by young recruits, I don't think they can ever get enough. Any questions or concerns, let us know, we'll do our best to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    DeanVeneziano

--
    24 Aug 2011 03:42 PM
    sorry if this has been said already, but does anyone know is there is a viewableNovember 185 Roster?

thanks,

-dean
    annafaris24

--
    24 Aug 2011 04:11 PM
    Dean i have noticed they post the roster after graduation on the uscgbootcamp.com site. They also post where they are being stationed.
    IVenick

--
    25 Aug 2011 06:25 AM
    I am glad to have found this site. Thanks to all for the information.
    donnaponson

--
    25 Aug 2011 02:17 PM
    For all Family and Friends worried about Hurricane Irene
    I just got a call from my son... They are evauating 2 hours north to heep them safe. I'm putting everything in God's hands, I know they will be well taken care of. My son is from New Orleans and he is well aware of Hurricanes I know he will help those who arent familiar with precautions.

Donna/SR Marler Adam November 185
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Aug 2011 02:30 PM
    When Jim (my ex-husband) was in boot camp in 1985 a hurricane hit Cape May. They were evacuated to McGuire AFB and were well taken care of while they were there. Your families will be very safe, they will see to that.

Great post Donna... keep up the updates if you hear any others. I'm sure parents and friends would love to hear anything you have to share.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    annafaris24

--
    25 Aug 2011 04:02 PM
    HURRICANE IRENE:
    TRACEN Cape May WILL be evacuating on 8/26 at 8 am. Here is the official release. Please do NOT call the base.

Information for family and friends of recruits at Coast Guard Training Center Cape May for hurricane
    The staff of Coast Guard Training Center Cape May are closely monitoring the approach of hurricane Irene and making preparations for its passage and potential landfall. There is a strong probability that our facility will be affected to some extent. Even if the hurricane passes offshore, we expect strong winds and rain. This will likely have storm impacts to the area such as localized flooding, loss of power and downed trees.

The safety and well-being of all personnel assigned here, be they recruits in training, uniformed permanent-party staff or civilian employees and contractors, is our highest priority. We are currently planning to secure the facility against high winds and rains and ensuring that all personnel have adequate food, shelter and medical care in the event of major storm impact. Should our command deem it necessary, or should the county declare a mandatory evacuation, we are prepared to move all personnel to our alternate location at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst located 18 miles southeast of Trenton, N.J.

In the event of an evacuation, recruits will still have minimal ability to independently contact their families and friends. Please rest assured that the safety of your loved ones is our first priority, and that we will do everything we can to update you as to the location and disposition of all training center personnel as quickly as possible. You may call our public affairs office at (609)898-6362 with any specific questions or concerns. You can also email our current public affairs officer, Lt. j.g Michael H. Cole at michael.h.cole@uscg.mil with any questions.

motomomfowl6

--
    25 Aug 2011 06:56 PM
    Got a call from our son this afternoon as well. He seemed in upbeat spirit's. " Mom, I only have 2 minutes and there is still about 40 guys waiting to make a call behind me " He said, everything is under control, and not to worry. WOW, 2 things for them this week- Earthquake and now this, they will be ready for anything!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement