Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
January 3 2012
Last Post 31 Dec 2011 03:47 AM by Nodoubt. 27 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JedKrikstan

--
22 Aug 2011 02:08 PM
    Hey guys, just saw the recruiter today and got January 3rd 2012. Anyone else?
    JLabouve

--
    15 Sep 2011 11:58 AM
    I am. x3 I heard it is going to be verrry cold.
    yenoh

--
    15 Sep 2011 01:37 PM
    BOOM!! in. just got this shipdate.

see you guys on the bus
    Nodoubt

--
    05 Oct 2011 11:59 PM
    I will be going to boot camp on this date too. Coming out of Seattle, Wa

Are you guys preparing for the physical tests? What are your 1.5 mile run, sit-up, and push-up numbers at?
    yenoh

--
    23 Oct 2011 01:08 AM
    i like staying in shape so... im running 5 miles in less then a hour atm hopefully bring it down by jan 3
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    13 Nov 2011 09:51 PM
    Hey I am a female that will be shipping out on this date as well! I was offered Dec 6th or 13th but opted for this one because 1) to spend Christmas with the family and 2) new year, new start! We will be the first company of 2012!
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    13 Nov 2011 09:52 PM
    Oh btw, anyone shipping out of Tampa MEPS?
    yenoh

--
    15 Nov 2011 12:52 AM
    i wanted dec 16th! but they gave me jan 3rd.

hello! it seems that the other peeps dont come on here anymore. but im glad someone new posted hi im mike nice to meet you... you excited? 
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    15 Nov 2011 01:50 PM
    Hey view it as a good thing because we might not get Christmas 2012 off..or the world may have ended by then, LOL.. I don't really believe that whole Mayan thing though.

I wonder if this is going to be a large company...I know it is going to be awfully cold during our Jan-Feb stay! I am very excited, making myself work out 5 times a week so that I won't be in for too much of a rude awakening.
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    14 Dec 2011 07:51 AM
    Just wanted to revive this thread, how are all my future shipmates doing!?!
    AdrienneRager

--
    14 Dec 2011 11:01 AM
    im leaving january 3rd too   i wish this thread was more recent so we could actually get to know each other 
    guardian032012

--
    14 Dec 2011 03:57 PM
    Aww mayne! See you guys in Philly airport. Im heading out of Guam and I think I am the only recruit.
    guardian032012

--
    14 Dec 2011 04:05 PM
    By the way, anyone wanting to be a Gunners Mate? Thats the only school I qualify for.
    AdrienneRager

--
    14 Dec 2011 11:21 PM
    how old is everyone? i'm 18 ^_^
    guardian032012

--
    14 Dec 2011 11:30 PM
    im 19
    AdrienneRager

--
    15 Dec 2011 08:37 PM
    cool, are you ready ?
    guardian032012

--
    16 Dec 2011 03:46 AM
    Yeah, I'm ready as can be. Not to ready for the snow though. I've been a beach bum for 10 years. i got my 1.5 mile down to 14:18 but I stopped. Cant afford to twist an ankle to delay me. I have the general order memorized, but I have a feeling Ill blank out when we get to cape may.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    16 Dec 2011 11:29 AM
    Posted By guardian032012 on 14 Dec 2011 05:05 PM
    By the way, anyone wanting to be a Gunners Mate? Thats the only school I qualify for.

If you find a differnt rate that seems interesting you can retake the ASVAB. Your recruit scores are not set in stone.

I have the general order memorized, but I have a feeling Ill blank out when we get to cape may.
    Good tip to help remember them is to mix up the order you say them in. Or write down the general order on one side of a note card and the order number on the other and shuffle them up and try to learn them that way.
    Also memorize your phonetic alphabet and nautical terms. Another thing that will help is to learn your rates and ranks.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    guardian032012

--
    17 Dec 2011 02:34 AM
    Thanks for the advice.  I've worked hard to get this far and I honestly believe that I will enjoy being a GM. The only reason I would retake the ASVAB is because I do understand that it is difficult to take the experience from that rate and get a job in the civilian world. That is my only issue. But from everything that I have been reading throughout this forum is very helpful information and I do like the fact that I can retake the ASVAB sometime during my first command. I will eventually talk to some GMs and MEs and ask them the pro's and con's. This is a tough decision and it is good to know I have time to think about it while being a non-rate.

As for the general orders, I have been studying in that particular way and it is very helpful. I have memorized those orders, the phonetic alphabet I know quite well, as well as the nautical terms. I am still quite a bit in the dark with ranks but I will work on that. The reason why I think I will blank out is being in shock of where I am at and the surroundings, but I am sure I will have nothing to worry about since everyone will probably share the same feeling.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    17 Dec 2011 03:47 PM
    The more you commit them to memory and see them the more ingrained they will become. Another trick is to try visualizing the order.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    17 Dec 2011 09:51 PM
    I am 24, a bit older but look very much forward to meeting you ladies. I am glad to find more ladies that are leaving on this date. We should link up on Facebook !!!
    AdrienneRager

--
    17 Dec 2011 10:23 PM
    that's really good guardian 032012! i have the alphabet down and about 7 terms down. I've really been trying to get into shape and get the running and swimming & push ups down that i forgot about the memorizing.i know the nautical terms though so i think i'm okay. but i'm a beach girl too, i live in Miami so i practically live on the beach so this will be a huge temperature shock for me
    JLabouve

--
    20 Dec 2011 02:17 PM
    Wow, so many women! I'm excited! I'm 18 aswell and kinda nervous about the whole thing. But maybe if we stick together, the days will sail by!
    guardian032012

--
    21 Dec 2011 05:23 AM
    Me too! But hey, team work all the way and we will pull through. We just have to be a bigger beast than the CC, prove them wrong in every way they tell us we are not good enough!
    javi_pr1

--
    25 Dec 2011 12:48 AM
    Male/25...departing from Puerto Rico....able to do 32 push ups,35 sit-ups...run for 20 min.....getting anxious as the date is closing in on me....
    fritz4077

--
    27 Dec 2011 09:14 AM
    hey guys im Derek i also am shipping out the 3rd to cape may. cant wait just found this site look forward to meeting everything on the bus.
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    27 Dec 2011 01:58 PM
    It is getting closer!!!
    Nodoubt

--
    31 Dec 2011 03:47 AM
    Its almost go time!

looking forward to working with you guys for the next two months. I'll be coming out of Seattle and ill see you all on the bus!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement