Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Deck Watch Officer exam
Last Post 06 Dec 2011 05:52 AM by Bells. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ant197

--
23 Aug 2011 06:18 PM
    Ok so I had a few question and wanted to see if some one could help me get a few answers.  First of I have a DEPOT date of Jan 8 2012 and a BM A school date of Feb 12

My first question is did they change the DWO exam recently?  I read the Nav Book and have been doing some prep from the www.boatswainsmait.net website but when I took a look at the USCG.mil website for the DWO & Navrul Exam the sample questions http://uscg.mil/nmc/training/2010q3...stions.pdf have stuff in there that is not in the Nav book.  I was wondering if they changed the test or I missed a book to study from?

Second the CO of the unit I am being assigned to gave me advice to start studying for the DWO exam because its tough and he has had lots of guys fail it.  I am pretty good at studying from a book and committing things to memory and have read the book and am working on learning the information.  My question is about taking the test.  Can I take the test at any time?  If I get sworn in a month early can I take the DWO exam as soon as I am sworn in?  Then again before I ship to BM school?  I know they give you the opportunity to pass in BM school but I was thinking if I can take it early and see what it is like and maybe pass that would be one less thing to worry about?

Thanks for you time and help.  

Stay safe.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Gandler

--
    05 Dec 2011 10:47 PM
    I am going to bump this because I would also like to see an answers on this
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    06 Dec 2011 04:09 AM
    the differnce in nav rules and DWO is one was just knowing the information and the other is applying it. Per my BM1 at my last unit. If that makes any sense to you
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    06 Dec 2011 05:52 AM
    You need to put the book to memeory.

Plain and simple.

those practice tests on that site are good. you need to be getting 100%s every time for like a week before you are ready to take the real test.

You need a 90 percent which is 5 wrong out of 50.

You have to wait 21 days when you fail to retake, so I took it every 21 days until i passed it the 5th time with a 94.

I struck BM so i had to learn it on my own, in A-school they dedicate a week for it to make you pass so you probably will. If you dont you fail out of school.

I would definately try to pass it at your first unit before you go to school.

This test sucks. Ive never felt like such a failure every time i failed it. My other BM supervisors... it took them like more than 10 times to pass. Its no joke.

Just memorize the book and keep taking those practice tests, the questions are part of a 1099 large pool of possible questions.
    You can only make yourself look bad.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement