Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
What are the chances of me...
Last Post 18 Sep 2011 08:51 PM by Vikingsailor796. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SRswader

--
31 Aug 2011 04:55 PM
    What are the chances of me getting stationed in new Orleans right out of basic? I leave on the 13th and was just wondering if it is even a possibility. Thanks
    spongemt

--
    31 Aug 2011 05:56 PM
    it's possible. how good of a chance? no idea. but it's possible
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    31 Aug 2011 07:09 PM
    If you want New Orleans you have to request D8. That is the largest district in the Coast Guard. Requesting that you can get North Dakota, too. So be careful with that and understand where you might end up. May I ask why you would like to go to New Orleans? We were stationed there right out of OCS.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    SRswader

--
    31 Aug 2011 07:15 PM
    well I have some family there, and it also seems that there is something fun going on down there! there is also a lot of good fishing in the gulf and my family has a hunting lease in north LA.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    31 Aug 2011 07:18 PM
    I do agree there is a lot of fun to be had there... God knows we had a ball! however, fun can lead to a lot of mistakes in some cases. Just be careful and if you get assigned there don't have TOO MUCH fun. The CG doesn't appreciate trouble early in a career. Not saying you would find trouble but trouble has a way of seeking out Coasties. LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    31 Aug 2011 07:28 PM
    As far as my dream sheet goes...D8=Grand Isle. I would not be the first of my family to get stuck there for his non-rate tour.
    To qoute their unit page: "The town of Houma has all the retail stores, restaurants, and services you would expect to find in a small city. Houma is 90 minutes from the base."

I was raised in the sticks, but not those sticks.
    So you could get NOLA, you could get ND...or you could get Grand Isle.
    Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    31 Aug 2011 07:42 PM
    It's too hot down here to have fun or go outside
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Sep 2011 05:24 AM
    And wait until you are there in the summer! Late August doesn't count! Its brutal!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Vikingsailor796

--
    16 Sep 2011 09:38 PM
    I actually just got Stationed at COMMSTA NEW ORLEANS. I never thought id ever go to NEW ORLEANS in the Coast Guard but go figure thats my first choice coming out of ET a school. Ill head there at the end of December.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 Sep 2011 07:25 AM
    Congratulations! You will love the city, it is a lot of fun. We lived there for 18 months. During Mardi Gras find out about getting on the CG float and actually be IN a Mardi Gras parade. That was the best waste of a tax return we ever did!!!!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Vikingsailor796

--
    18 Sep 2011 08:51 PM
    Thanks,

cant believe ive already been in over a year haha. lived in three different states too. lol. atleast this one is more than 7 months
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement