Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hey all!
Last Post 09 Jun 2013 06:02 PM by captkyguy. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
TriMan1991

--
10 Sep 2011 11:13 AM
    so i havent posted on here yet, i figure why not? 

i am currently 19 (20 in november), i work full time and attend college at night (eta on bachelors being 2016)  . i am looking to become an AST, i love to swim and would like to use my love of the water to help people.  i race triathlon, i have my first half ironman in May, and my first full ironman in November of 2012. i ran varsity track and cross country in high school. 

my ideal plan for the coast guard would be AST for 6 years or so, then go OCS and be a pilot. i want to be deep in the search and rescue mission of the coast guard. 
    “A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are built for.”
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Sep 2011 07:11 PM
    Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a good long term plan. Best of luck with all of it.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    10 Sep 2011 08:23 PM
    Welcome...sounds like an awesome plan...enjoy the journey.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Leah272

--
    11 Sep 2011 03:07 PM
    when is your shipdate ?
    February 14 , 2012 =)
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TriMan1991

--
    11 Sep 2011 03:21 PM
    no shipdate yet, still working on getting in contact with my recruiter and studying for the ASVAB
    Leah272

--
    11 Sep 2011 05:40 PM
    Oh yeah Ive been through everything just waiting on a confirmed ship date
    February 14 , 2012 =)
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TriMan1991

--
    04 Sep 2012 08:43 PM
    wow, it has been a few years since I came onto the boards! a little update and questions on the USCG.

- I have approximately three years of federal service
    - Currently I am a full time student with a graduation date of 2014 with a double major in History and Political Science
    - I have earned a Certificate in Intelligence Analysis through my local Community College, following the Homeland Security curriculum but leaving community college in pursuit of my bachelors degree
    - I am a volunteer firefighter and am working on my EMT-B license
    - I have contacted my local flotilla and will be entering the USCG Aux in a few weeks

I am wondering what the best way to earn a slot at USCG OCS is, should I enlist in the USCG Reserve and apply to an OCS Slot? I have read from previous posts that I could apply to OCS and work with my recruiter to enlist in the Coast Guard at the same time, what is confusing me with that path.... if I sign an enlistment contract wouldn't I be obligated to serve my 8 years enlisted? making the chance for OCS useless? forgive my ignorance on this topic, just trying to get some answers and work out a plan to achieve my goal's.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Sep 2012 05:33 AM
    There was a young lady, 2 or 3 years ago, she graduated from boot camp early... She was an alternate to an OCS class and was picked up. She left Cape May at approximately 6 weeks and went straight to New London where she began OCS. No, you do not have to finish your enlistment contract to apply & attend OCS.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TriMan1991

--
    09 Jun 2013 04:26 PM
    again... another year! not sure what keeps me leaving and coming back, but I have recently decided to enlist, going to be calling a recruiter soon but want to get research on rates and studying for my ASVAB. Just need to get this process started and wait for my ship date I have about 65 credits so I should be able to enlist as an E-3 and then I plan to finish my degree while I serve. I am looking to make a career out of the Coast Guard.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    09 Jun 2013 06:02 PM
    Welcome back...hope your journey is awesome!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement