Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Is there a station in Wyoming or anywhere close?
Last Post 16 Sep 2011 12:17 PM by ltate. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JLabouve

--
15 Sep 2011 12:29 PM
    So, I'm an odd coming to be Coastie (Hopefully). I would like to be stationed in or around Wyoming because it has been my absolute dream place to be and the college there had accepted me previously. I know that there are Coast Guard in Wyoming because my beau ( who also lives there) played it on the radio when the Laramie River flooded.

*crosses fingers*
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    15 Sep 2011 04:55 PM
    Maybe a recruiting office but even thats a long shot. There are plenty of units in the heartland but nothing in that particular region.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    15 Sep 2011 09:46 PM
    no recruiting offices.  Salt Lake, Boise, and Denver are the only offices around Wyoming.
    People still live in Wyoming? 

Wyoming is District 8, here's the unit list

http://www.uscg.mil/d8/d8units.asp

Didn't see anything with the Wyoming abbreviation at the end.  You can look over that list and see if there's anything close, but getting sent to a specific station is such a longshot, and the 8th is big ol' district.
    Me personally, I kinda hope they send me somewhere I've never been, maybe even somewhere I've never heard of.  I played that same game when I went to college and I'm glad I did.
    Best of luck to you!
    Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Sep 2011 07:00 AM
    Master, I couldn't possibly agree more with you! Go someplace completely different, off the grid, never been there... You never know what you might fall in love with! 18 months ago I can tell you Wisconsin was nowhere on my grid of future plans. I don't know how long I'll stay here but I'm sure glad I got here! Same with every other place I've been. I truly can't imagine the person I would be had I just stayed in Middlesex County, New Jersey for all of my life. Something tells me I wouldn't have had even 1/10th of the stories that I have now! If the military is willing to send you, see it all! For as much as I have seen, my son has seen some even more amazing places being aboard the cutter! Those are places I think I will only see through his pictures but I'm thrilled for him to see them!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    16 Sep 2011 12:17 PM
    Actually, there used to be CG in Wyoming at the LORAN Station near Gillette but all of those were shut down last year, I believe. And as far as the floods out that way......they bring in CG from elsewhere to help. I remember reading somewhere that during the floods, they brought in CG crews from Michigan, among other places.

Anyway, I was born and raised in western SD.....12 miles from the Wyoming border and I can confirm that yes, in fact people do still live there Master.   Seriously, I agree that if you join the CG, you should definitely take advantage of the opportunity to "see the world". My oldest daughter went to Alaska after boot camp.....just because that was a place she'd always wanted to see and she knew this would probably be her only chance. She loved it. My younger daughter ended up in California and got to travel to Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, you name it. She had a good time with that, too. I'll never forget the morning she called me.....she was in Costa Rica at the time but I didn't know that since she wasn't allowed to tell me. Anyway, she was so excited because she got to go zip-lining the day before. She's the last person I would have expected to do that because she'd never been very adventurous, at least with things like that, but she ended up having a blast. She never would have been able to do anything even remotely similar to that if she'd hadn't been willing to go off the grid, like Macie said.

I do wish you the best of luck, where ever you end up. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Laurie
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement