Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
T185 Parents
Last Post 02 Nov 2011 11:22 PM by Scubaok. 79 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
Connor Dad

--
30 Sep 2011 11:18 AM
    Hello... My son is in T185 at Cape May. I have created this link so we parents can stay in touch with each other and help spread news to others. Some recruits write alot more than others and just knowing what other son's and daughters are writing will help with our continuity until 11 November 2011. Thanks
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Sep 2011 12:29 PM
    Welcome aboard.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Finn1208

--
    04 Oct 2011 08:39 PM
    HI my daughter shipped out on Sept 20 and is slated to graduate on Nov 11.. we just saw the posts go up for Tango185 and Seira185 but so for havent gotten a letter from her ... We arent sure if she's in Tango or Seira.. any way someone might know how to help... I know am just being a PIA mom but like the post above some sons and daughters will write more than others and so far I have nothing from mine... thought i was under control but I'm probably in worse shape than she is lol... in need of some parental support THANKS!!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Oct 2011 10:18 AM
    Hi Finn,

Welcome aboard. I'm not sure how you could find out which company she is in. You might try giving her recruiter a call, they might be able. At least then you can start sending letters to her. No communication to you is hard enough but when you can't communicate with her. Oh that has to be just as bad if not worse. You can try sending a letter if you like to the base with her full name and they might deliver it to her company. The problem you might run into is if there are 2 recruits with the same name. Jane Smith might be in Sierra and Oscar... then they won't know which one. But it might be worth a shot.

Meanwhile, we can do our best to support you. These 8 weeks are a struggle. But when they pass, you will be amazed at how quickly it actually went! Honest, you will be amazed!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Podmom92

--
    05 Oct 2011 11:11 AM
    Hi, Finn -- my son just went to CM on 9/27. There is a form letter that we received where they gave the company info. Something must have happened with your daughter's letter in the mail. Anyway, according to the FB page, here's the link if you have Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/U...976596295/

It says Sierra and Tango are both in James Hall. So the mailing address would be:

SR (your daughter's LAST NAME, First/Middle Initials
    James Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

and good news it says the graduation date is:
    Sierra 185 JAMES 10 NOV 2011 (Thursday)
    Tango 185 JAMES 10 NOV 2011 (Thursday)

(due to Fri., 11/11 being Veterans Day) You get her a day earlier

Hope that helps. I know it was really difficult until we got that form letter, so hang in there. At least you can start writting her. I'm keep repeating to myself 'NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS', if Cape May's not calling he's doing ok.

Wishing you and your daughter all the best.
    Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
    Podmom92

--
    05 Oct 2011 11:13 AM
    Hi, Finn -- my son just went to CM on 9/27. There is a form letter that we received where they gave the company info. Something must have happened with your daughter's letter in the mail. Anyway, according to the FB page, here's the link if you have Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/U...976596295/

It says Sierra and Tango are both in James Hall. So the mailing address would be:

SR (your daughter's LAST NAME, First/Middle Initials)
    James Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

and good news it says the graduation date is:
    Sierra 185 JAMES 10 NOV 2011 (Thursday)
    Tango 185 JAMES 10 NOV 2011 (Thursday)

(due to Fri., 11/11 being Veterans Day) You get her a day earlier

Hope that helps. I know it was really difficult until we got that form letter, so hang in there. At least you can start writting her. I keep repeating to myself 'NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS', if Cape May's not calling he's doing ok.

Wishing you and your daughter all the best.
    Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
    Podmom92

--
    05 Oct 2011 11:14 AM
    sorry don't know why that posted twice
    Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
    Finn1208

--
    05 Oct 2011 08:36 PM
    Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the information!!! I'll be sending her letters out tomorrow . Podmom92 i saw you asked to be my friend but cant figure out yet how to "confirm" that soon as I figure it out I will though . And I keep playing over and over in my mind that "no news is good news" motto.. it helps sometimes, they others a HUGE glass of wine helps lol. Just is hard the not talking to her part, thats what everyone is saying thought. ."oh she's fine..." or " she's only gone a few weeks" I just think yeah and what if it was YOUR child you couldnt talk too. But I'm trying to keep the big girl you know whats on and be a grown up since i'm sure what they are going through is alot worse than what we are lol. Again thanks so much for responding with all the information and I look forward to "speaking" with you in the next few weeks

Right back at you wishing you and your son the best! We are so proud of her and her decision and what she is doing there just arent enough words
    Scubaok

--
    05 Oct 2011 11:07 PM
    Hi,
    I am new to the forum. My daughter is in Tango 185. I have not been able to find the Facebook page does anyone have the link? Unfortunatly my daughter wrote to us to say she already got injured. We/she is afraid of getting reverted. Keeping our fingers crossed that will not happen. Can not wait to be with all of you on Nov 11 rooting on our wonderful kids!
    Podmom92

--
    06 Oct 2011 07:35 AM
    Hi, Scubaok -
    If the link doesn't work above, in FaceBook type USCG Tango 185 in the Search field and it should come up. Best of luck to your daughter hope she mends quickly.
    Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
    Podmom92

--
    06 Oct 2011 07:38 AM
    Finn1208 - no worries it took me forever to figure out how to request/confirm someone too. Your right alot of people just don't understand how it feels to be totally out of communication with your SR, that's what makes this forum and facebook pages so awesome you can talk to people who are or have gone through it. Hang in there and let the letters fly.
    Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
    Finn1208

--
    06 Oct 2011 03:45 PM
    I GOT A LETTER FINALLY !!! she is in Seira185 and is fine.. says the food is horrible lol and the first week was really hard but they are coming together now as a family I cant believe the sigh of releif I just felt when I saw the envelope.. they said the post man/women would be my new best friend might leave him cookies tomorrow Hope i can stay here with you guys even though mine is in Seira . Thanks all for the support already and cant wait to meet everyone in a few weeks
    Podmom92

--
    06 Oct 2011 05:19 PM
    Finn1208 so happy you got a letter !!!
    Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
    Scubaok

--
    06 Oct 2011 08:57 PM
    Thank you for the Facebook link but I am still not having any luck finding it. I admit I am not Facebook savvy. Any other suggestions?

I am happy that you got a letter. It is so exciting to get any news.

To whomever started this blog THANK YOU!

Tango 185 Mom
    lpoirrier

--
    10 Oct 2011 11:03 AM
    Hi Podmom,
    My hubby is in Sierra 185 but I am almost 100% sure that he is graduating on the 11th. That is what it says on the USCG website. I was just wondering where you got your info from?? That would be awesome if he graduated on the 10th!
    Connor Dad

--
    10 Oct 2011 11:35 AM
    Everyone for T185. GRAD date is 11 Nov. I have emailed the Unit to find this out..its on a Friday (Veterans Day)....thanks to everyone posting.. My son wrote a letter says he has a great ocean view from his Rack!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Oct 2011 12:09 PM
    One day the site said Thursday, next day it said Friday. Whatever your recruit tells you, is what you should go with. What a great day to graduate! Our newest Coasties on Veteran's Day. I'll be in a parade.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Scubaok

--
    10 Oct 2011 12:46 PM
    I am so proud that the kids will be graduating on Veterans Day. My husband is a Coastie Vet and to see his little girl graduate on that day will be just amazing. I look forward to meeting my fellow T185 parents.
    Scubaok

--
    10 Oct 2011 03:39 PM
    Hi Connor Dad,

Looks like we might be the only two T185 parents that have found this blog site! Hope all is well with your son. I am looking forward to any letters from my daughter.

Looking forward to keeping in touch.

Scubaok
    Scubaok

--
    12 Oct 2011 12:53 PM
    Blogs are up for this week! It sounds like they are starting to come together as a team.
    Connor Dad

--
    12 Oct 2011 02:08 PM
    Tango 185 latest blog is at

http://www.tracencapemay.uscgnews.c...ct-12-2011

Save it to your favorites and hear it right from the horses mouth! Coming together it seems!!
    Finn1208

--
    13 Oct 2011 04:32 PM
    I guys just got a letter from my daughter.. she has the "cape may crud".. is on the "RAMP" list?? and says shes at the top with another girl ... but her name isnt circled so if i'm reading this correctly she needs to get off of it without having her name circled or she'll be reverted? They have there practical and mid-term on Friday (tomorrow) and she's in a panic about the push ups and the run... Can someone explain the "RAMP" list.. IS that the reversion list? She DOES say the weeks are getting easier and going by faster.. helppp... Proud mom of Siera 185
    Scubaok

--
    13 Oct 2011 07:49 PM
    Hi Finn,

I have no idea what the RAMP list is but the worry over our kids is terrible. I hope that someone can give you the answer so we will all know. I have not heard anything since the letter over a week ago about my daughter's hamstring pull. I am right there with you when it comes to the worry. Hang in there. Let's all stick together and get through this so we can all meet in Cape May to root our great kids on. Keep us posted on her progress.

Scubaok
    Connor Dad

--
    14 Oct 2011 06:32 AM
    Getting reverted and going to RAMP are two different things.

Usually if someone gets reverted they are allowed to call home so that parents can change their plane tickets. RAMP is where the bad kids go to get their butts kicked with incentive training and they join company only for classes. Its from tuesday to friday. Recruits usually pass it, but if they don't want to be there then they go home.

Above is what I searched on RAMP...Hope it all works out!
    Scubaok

--
    14 Oct 2011 08:30 AM
    Hi Guys,

I searched for RAMP and found the same info. I will keep my fingers crossed that she gets out of RAMP. Good luck Finn, keep us posted.

Finn1208

--
    14 Oct 2011 11:05 AM
    Hi Guys thanks for the info. I got a call from her this morning.. in tears she tells me she's been reverted .. I took a DEEP breath and told her it was NOT the end of the world, she was not the first and certainly wouldnt be the last to be reverted. She sounded horrible and sick .. but I told her to stop crying!! and to pull her head out of wherever it was and that we loved and supported her and she could DO it. She wants to be there and wants to suceed she said and I had her laughing in the end so hopefully this will be her wake up call and she will move forward past this and "get it done" . I did ask her how many times she could be reverted? she didnt know does anyone? So I told her that THIS was IT and she needed to think of it that way and figure out what she needed to do to fix the things she was getting wrong, ask for help and push harder... Kinda went back and forth between we loved her to suck it up.. hopefully it was the right tactic... She's in Victor 185 now.. but if ok still want to "hang with you guys" .. nothing is up for Victor parents yet...

Good luck Scubaok with your daughter and her hamstring I'm sure she'll be fine if anyone knows about the reversion question.. and OH does this mean that she's off the RAMP list then too or does she stay up there? Thanks for all your help.. and for being there Proud mom no matter WHAT company
    Scubaok

--
    14 Oct 2011 11:16 AM
    Hi Finn,

There is a you tube video that talks about reversions. There have been people reverted many times it seems. I hope this will be the only one for your daughter. I have you in my thoughts.

Scubaok
    lpoirrier

--
    15 Oct 2011 07:10 PM
    I don't think RAMP is for "bad kids." I think it is just a course to help people succeed. So don't worry if she has to go through ramp! It is only a few days of the week.
    lpoirrier

--
    15 Oct 2011 07:12 PM
    I went through Air Force boot camp and I am SOOO glad I did not go through the Coast Guard. From what my husband tells me, it sounds a lot harder!
    Scubaok

--
    15 Oct 2011 09:01 PM
    I got a letter from my daughter, she is off of green belt (medical). Yippee! She also said that graduation will be held off base. She also told us she was going to request a National Security Cutter. We are so proud!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement