Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
T185 Parents
Last Post 02 Nov 2011 11:22 PM by Scubaok. 79 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
lpoirrier

--
16 Oct 2011 07:00 PM
Anybody know if we should be expecting a phone call this week?? It is week 5 right??
Scubaok

--
16 Oct 2011 08:39 PM
One of the websites that I read said that they will call when they get their assignment. From what the website says that should be the end of this week. Let's keep our fingers crossed maybe we will all get calls!
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
17 Oct 2011 05:44 AM
Calls can start as early as Thursday and might go as long as until Tuesday. It all depends upon when their CC's give the OK to call and how many people are in the company. Most will receive calls on Saturday or Sunday. If you aren't going to be home be sure to forward your home phone to your cell phone. I got my call around 11am on that Saturday. Good luck with the calls.

Please be aware, this isn't a call to chat. It will be short and rather formal sounding. They have their CC's listening to them and they are expected to sound professional, even with moms. My son said "Hi mo... Good morning ma'am" Your biggest thing is to just listen. Next weekend during on base liberty, then they can call and just chat, talk, tell stories...
Sector NY, Staten Island
Scubaok

--
17 Oct 2011 08:21 AM
Old Guard 2

Thank you so much for the information! I will keep my cell with me at all times.

Scubaok
lpoirrier

--
17 Oct 2011 10:44 AM
I am sooo excited and so nervous at the same time!! We have a 15 month old that will be moving too!!!
Scubaok

--
18 Oct 2011 12:23 PM
I got tears in my eyes reading that the kids get to go to Arlington National Cemetary on flag day to place flags on the graves of fallen Coast Guards men and women.
Rdeje

--
18 Oct 2011 03:58 PM
Hello,

My Daughter is in Victor-185,she also has the Crud. she had to go see a doctor i guess and was allowed to call home for a few minutes by the chaplin, her mother was home and talked to her for a few minutes but she didn't say anything about being reverted or being on that ramp list, she was home sick and said it was a culture shock but that she was OK and was determined and able to complete her training, i am so nervous and paying that everything is OK and that she graduates on time if possible, i just wrote her a letter with encouraging words letting her know that she can do it. im a former Marine myself and tried to get her ready for what she was about to go through but nothing is ever eneough. Anyway just wanted to let you know that there is someone out there with a Daughter in V-185 as well and i had posted something but no one else seemd to have a relative in V-185. Good luck and God Bless your Daughter.
Scubaok

--
18 Oct 2011 05:56 PM
We as parents need to stick together. What our children have chosen as a career path is amazing. In my opinion you are more than welcome to join us Tango parents. Good luck to your daughter also!
Scubaok
Finn1208

--
19 Oct 2011 02:59 PM
Hey RDEGE another V-185 parent.. athough you guys here have been awesome in t-185 and i'll miss not meeting you on the 11th .. my daughter doing better she made an appointment with the chaplen and she got to call me on Monday.. by the time we got off the phone she was in much better spirits and more positive. She was on the lists due to not be able to answer he knowledge questions fast enough and then having the CRUD as well. She said her shipmates in V-185 are helping each other and they get along very well.. I'm praying she graduates on the 18th thanks again for all the support anything you need RDEJE let me know..

Proud V-185 mom
Rdeje

--
20 Oct 2011 07:54 AM
Hello Finn.

That's cool. i think that call is going to do her wonders. it's going to make her work harder than ever. What list are you refering to? Received another letter yesterday from her and it sounded much more positive than the first and determined to get this done. It's hard trying to keep up with her mothers letter writting capabilities but yesterday i had to write her another motivation letter, she used to ger a laugh before she left because i would always say things to her like (No pain no gain) (Pain is weakness leaving the body) and now i quote it to her in every letter.
Favors1

--
20 Oct 2011 01:49 PM
Our son is a vetern of Operation Iraqi Freedom in the USMC and other deployments in The Philipines, Okinawa, Thieland, Japan during his time with the U.S. Marines. Now finds himself in a second bootcamp for the USCG. He is older, alittle slower but wiser now than before his USMC Basic training days. Got our first letter today from him and he sounds great ! I'll be there with his wife to watch him graduate on November 11th ! I can't wait to see what changes boot camp has made in him this time around ! So proud of him !!
lpoirrier

--
20 Oct 2011 06:05 PM
My hubby is in Sierra. Three more weeks from tomorrow! This last letter he seemed much more at ease. He passed his swim and PT. I know my heart is going to skip a beat once I see that he is calling!
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
20 Oct 2011 07:06 PM
Favors, Welcome aboard. SOunds like your son has had a pretty terrific career already, welcome to the Coastie side of life. I hope he enjoys it as much or more than his time in the Marine Corps. Thank him for all of us. If you have any Coastie questions, let us know. We'll be happy to help with any answers.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Scubaok

--
20 Oct 2011 07:52 PM
Hi favors1,
My daughter is in Tango 185. Your son sounds amazing you must be so proud of him to serve our country twice. It is only a few weeks away when we will all get to cheer on all the wonderful new Coasties!
Scubaok
CWORetired

--
20 Oct 2011 10:55 PM
Hello,
My son is in T185 as well. He sounds really good in his letters. Im retired uscg and am proud of him as many of you are of your sons and daughters. Have any of you heard the purpose and location of the off base graduation?
Scubaok

--
21 Oct 2011 10:17 AM
Hello CWORetired,

In the letter I received from my daughter they will be at the Arts Building in Cape May. From what I am understanding it is because of the combine size commpany of Sierra and Tango and that it is Veterans Day. I only have this on hear say so if anyone has a more difinitive answer please let us know.

Scubaok - GO TANGO!!!
Scubaok

--
21 Oct 2011 10:32 AM
Hello All,

OK I just called Cape May. It is due to construction that is happening at the graduation area. Graduation will be held at the Performing Arts Center in Cape May Court House. They say Cape May Court House is a town and to google it that way. They are sending paperwork out with directions. There is also a dinner on base the night before instead of the breakfast the morning of. We will all still be able to go back to base and get tours etc after graduation.

Hope this helps. OH and they will be calling at some point telling us where they will be stationed in the next few days! YIPEEE It will only be a quick phone call, no "chit chatting" as this man put it.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Scubaok - GO TANGO!!!!
Favors1

--
21 Oct 2011 11:52 AM
My son is also in T185.. great that they graduate on Veterns Day. He is a Veteran of USMC serving during the start of Iraqi Freedom ! Will be great to meet othwer parents of T185 on Nov 11th.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
21 Oct 2011 11:59 AM
This is why I am huge supporter of waiting until you know all the details before buying planes tickets. Some might miss dinner if they bought their planes tickets already and are scheduled to come into Philly at 8 at night. Waiting is always the best policy. It sounds like it will be an extra special graduation with a dinner the night before and an off site location. Have a wonderful time and enjoy!

As for the phone calls, the person you spoke to is correct. It is very much a formal type of phone call. They are calling to tell you about their orders and say good bye. Some CC's are a bit more relaxed, some hold their feet to the fire to speak in a certain manner. I had about 3 minutes on the phone with my son. It started very professional, he gave me the details then he became a bit relaxed, talked for a minute. Then said he had to go, there were many guys in line behind him wanting to make calls home. And with that, the call ended. So be prepared for possibly a very short, very formal, very rushed phone call. The following weekend in on base liberty and at that point they can call home and chit chat away.

Great job finding out information and sharing with the group!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Scubaok

--
21 Oct 2011 12:15 PM
Thank you for the input, I am looking forward to just hearing her voice on the other end of the line at this point.

Scubaok
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
21 Oct 2011 12:27 PM
It was funny... when I got the call from Colin we were watching a movie. I couldn't remember how to pause, mute, stop, turn the TV off... my hands were shaking. I finally answered the phone and Colin said "Hi mo..... (ahem) Good morning Ma'am, this is SR Robertson." Then he told me to get a piece of paper and a pen, told me his ship name and number and said something. But I was suddenly screaming and talking at about 50 miles an hour. He just said "Mom, lower your voice & slow down, I have a minute." So we were able to "chat" for a minute. That's when he said he had to go, he would call me in a week. As soon as I hung up the phone, I looked at my boyfriend and just busted in to tears. Poor Scott, he doesn't handle tears well at all. He just said "No, come on, no tears. Where is he going?" I got it out then the chain of phone calls started, his dad, my mom, his aunt, my ex-mother-in-law, my aunt... I was calling everybody & their brother. HAHAHA it's exciting news, you have to share!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Scubaok

--
21 Oct 2011 12:41 PM
Thank you for sharing your experiance. I can not wait.
Scubaok
CWORetired

--
21 Oct 2011 04:32 PM
Thank you all for the information! This is the first time I ever posted anything on a website and I'm sure I will make a forum faux pa shortly!
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
21 Oct 2011 05:57 PM
Aww, come on, you can't make a mistake here if you tried. Welcome aboard. Post away.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Scubaok

--
21 Oct 2011 06:41 PM
Just got my call. My daughter is going to La Push Washington on a 47 ft cutter. It was great to hear her voice even though it was so formal. YES I did cry, tried not to but could not help it.
Scubaok
CWORetired

--
21 Oct 2011 07:59 PM
Just got the call an hour ago. He had a cold and sounded like crap. Very ridged as well. He got stationed on cgc Mellon Seattle Washington. I was hoping a little closer to SAn Francisco bay area. Although cheap 2 HR flights he was really restricted. No emotion said he only had 2 minutes. Left me feeling a little flat. I asked could cc hear me. He said no. I asked was he happy and ok an he said yes. So, I guess it's all cool. How did your boot sound?
Scubaok

--
22 Oct 2011 11:38 AM
Did not sound like herself at all. This is not really what she wanted and she is still suffering from a pulled pelvic muscle so she did tell me they have her on muscle relaxers. So it could have been discomfort that she was feeling. For one short moment she started to sound emotional but then pulled out of it. I could tell she was being monitored.
lpoirrier

--
22 Oct 2011 11:52 AM
I got a call from my husband this morning! I knew he was monitored. Just told him that I loved him and missed him! He is going to be at Station Cape May. I'm excited!! An 8 hour drive from home or 1 hr. flight! YAY!
Scubaok

--
22 Oct 2011 07:04 PM
Have any of the Tango parents found the Facebook page? I am having no luck. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Scubaok
Favors1

--
23 Oct 2011 06:50 AM
Well it seems T185 will get to go to Arlington National Cemetary according toa letter my son wrote to me. That will be a great experence for all the coasties for sure!

T 185 Dad
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement