Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
T185 Parents
Last Post 02 Nov 2011 11:22 PM by Scubaok. 79 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
lenoraandbrian

--
23 Oct 2011 12:24 PM
My daughter, also T185, called on Friday evening.. If my husband had not annoyed me, making me wait to eat, we would have missed her call. Thank goodness for annoying husbands. She was sobbing so hard, I could hardly understand her. She was completely overwhelmed with emotion. The call was very stiff at the same time. She has been asked to stay at the recruit center as an instructor. I can't wait until the next call.
Favors1

--
23 Oct 2011 02:15 PM
What is a dress code for civilian parents and spouses for graduation and the dinner the night before? Need to know what to pack for this trip. My son graduates 11/11/11.

Thanks so much.
Favors1

--
23 Oct 2011 02:15 PM
What is a dress code for civilian parents and spouses for graduation and the dinner the night before? Need to know what to pack for this trip. My son graduates 11/11/11.

Thanks so much.
Favors1

--
23 Oct 2011 02:21 PM
what is the dress code for us civilians for the Graduation ceremony? My daughter-in-law and I are also attending the dinner the night before so it would be nice to know what kind of clothes to pack for this trip!

Thank you all !!
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
23 Oct 2011 03:02 PM
Dress code is very relaxed actually. I have seen people in shorts & a t-shirt looking like they were ready to grab some waves all the way to the absolute dressiest outfits, high heels, make up, 3 piece suits. I say use your judgement. If you are a reasonable adult with a good head on your shoulders you can make an appropriate decision. If the weather is going to be cold and bulstery with the possibility of snow, nice slacks & a sweater. If the weather is going to be a little unseasonably warm, then maybe a dress or light slacks & dress shirt. Check the weather and see what you should prepare for and dress accordingly. Business to business casual I think will not have people pointing at you and laughing. Flip flops and a surf board and well, then you are fodder for every joke imaginable! You get the idea.
Sector NY, Staten Island
CWORetired

--
23 Oct 2011 06:16 PM
I get the sense there is another place for information that Im missing. I monitor www.uscgbootcamp.org for company Journals, and this site. However, my wife and i cant seem to find anything on a facebook page. I did a search for uscg Tango 185 and find nothing but links to this site. Please advise. Thanks
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
23 Oct 2011 06:22 PM
I'm sorry, I barely use facebook, I am on a Coastie moms area and a USCG family one but I don't know any of the recruit groups.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Favors1

--
24 Oct 2011 08:20 AM
Thanks for the information. I thought the it would be "relaxed" for the families and friends viewing.My sons wife saw "formal ceremony" and thought this mean't she had to dress-up too! Looking forward to the graduation !!

I really like this forum,can't wait to meet other parents who have been waiting for this moment all this pasted weeks!
Connor Dad

--
24 Oct 2011 06:44 PM
Our kid is going to CG Cutter at Portsmouth VA. Yes when he called he sounded like a robot...I invite all to go the Tango 185 Blog (google it) and look at Quebec 185...they will grad next...you can tell what your kid will do the last two weeks.....call their base of assignment..I talked to the lady in charge of dormitory and she was like a mom to me..very helpful....26 years in AF Special Operations and I never had this great customer service before...1 big family the CG is for sure!! Congrats to your kids and yourself!
Scubaok

--
25 Oct 2011 03:35 PM
Old Guard,

Where is a Coastie Moms and family area? I would love to join in on that one!

Thanks,
Scubaok
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
25 Oct 2011 07:23 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/1...247548539/

I don't know if that will get you there... I think it will. It is a private group so you have to request to join. That should do it. Let me know if it doesn't. I'll contact the owner of the group and she'll get you in.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Scubaok

--
26 Oct 2011 06:42 PM
My daughter called today, shocked the ........ Out of me. She was making travel arrangements and asked what our flight was so she could try to get to come home with us. She is coming home to get her car & things to drive to her station in Washington! WOW We live in Nevada so I hope I get that extra 5 or 6 hours on a plane with her!
I sure hope some of you got that great surprise like I did!
Scubaok
CWORetired

--
27 Oct 2011 07:28 AM
That's odd. Was this your first or second call. I thought they were going to call this weekend for this kind of call. The call we got last week was more of a name, rank and serial number kind of call. This weekend I thought was for the kind of call you received. My son is in Tango 185 and is headed to Washington as well for the CGC Melon. Which unit is your daughter headed to?
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
27 Oct 2011 08:04 AM
Sometimes the travel office will allow them to call home to cooridnate travel plans in the middle of the week. I didn't get that call because my son knew I was picking him up at graduation and we were driving to Boston together. He had no travel arrangements to make. If your recruit already knows your flight plans or you are planning to drive home then the extra call is not needed from the travel office. Or, in the case that would have been my son had we planned on returning to Texas after boot camp, he would just wing it hoping he guessed the right airline, flight, time, day... Darn kid is so stubburn... but then he & I can have conversations without uttering a word because we do read each other's minds. LOL He would probably guess spot on all the way to seat assignment.
Sector NY, Staten Island
lenoraandbrian

--
27 Oct 2011 10:33 AM
My second call was also yesterday...for travel plans. It was nice to have a "normal" conversation. And nice to know we will have time with her.
Scubaok

--
27 Oct 2011 07:34 PM
CEO retired,

My daughter is going to be stationed in La Push Washington on a 47' motor life boat. That is about 4 hours west of Seattle on the coast.
I looked up the boat your son is going to. He will be busy in the Bearing Sea and Alaska. In an earlier post you said you are from Northern California. We are neighbors, and our kids will be neighbors Washington also!
Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks.

Scubaok
CWORetired

--
28 Oct 2011 09:00 PM
Hello Scubaok,

Being at a small boat station around the 47' boats will be exciting. Yes, Norther CA, north of Santa Rosa. We are all excited for graduation as im sure you are. He wanted me to get back in my uniform, so, i will be the old Warrant Officer presenting to my son. Best of luck to your daughter.
Scubaok

--
01 Nov 2011 10:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I am still not finding anything on Facebook for Tango 185. Has anyone else had any luck? When my daughter called she said that she has heard there are a lot a pictures up of them. Any help would be great. A link would be the best if possible. I have searched every way I know how......I am no Facebook expert but I have had help from others and we still can not find it.

Scubaok
lenoraandbrian

--
02 Nov 2011 08:51 AM
Found the Moms facebook page but not one specific to T185. Anyone else?
Scubaok

--
02 Nov 2011 11:22 PM
I found the Facebook page with this link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/159954030731685/
Hope this helps. I just was able to find the page today.
Scubaok
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement