Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Victor-185
Last Post 11 Nov 2011 07:40 PM by Finn1208. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rdeje

--
12 Oct 2011 03:33 PM
    My daughter left for basic on Sept-27, we did receive a letter from her last week on monday. Now is week 3 but have not received any news/updates and would appreciate any news of Victor-185.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Oct 2011 05:15 AM
    Do you have the link to the journals? That might help you get an idea of what's going on. Also, there might be a facebook group. I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard from her. They are pressed for time and have a lot on their plates. If something has to take a back seat, it should absolutely be letters home. She is thinking about you and letters to her will keep her spirits up so even if you don't hear from her, keep writing to her. My son is out of boot camp for quite a while already and I don't know anything about your daughter's company but if you have any other questions, please let us know we'll try to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Rdeje

--
    14 Oct 2011 10:33 AM
    Thanks,

I received a letter from her yesterday which was very good for us, she said that she wrote it at the end of week 2 and that she was nursing one of her knees because she was having some pain, they gave her a brace and crutches and she was i guess put on light duty for a bit to let it calm down. This was on the 9th of Oct and today Friday is the day before the end of week 3. I am hopping that the got past that problem because it would be a pitty to see her disqulified at this point when she is almost half way through. This is something she really wants, i could tell she is home sick but i immediately wrote her a motivational letter letting her know that she can do it.
    Finn1208

--
    27 Oct 2011 02:24 PM
    Hey I found you over here in our "own spot" I hope your daughter is doing better!! My daughter is having huge issues with both her wrists being weak and getting the push-ups done.. they have her in physical therapy with a brace and then icing and putting heat on it. They are doing better from her letters though. Now anxiously waiting for "the call" I know it can come between today and as late as Tuesday so am prepared to be quiet and listen and try not to get emotional on her when she tells me where she's going. Let me know how things are are I'll check back in over here now too as well as in the T-185 forum .
    Rdeje

--
    28 Oct 2011 02:48 PM
    Hello Finn.

We received a letter from her on Wednesday, i was finally able to breath again because she was able to pass all her graduation requirements, she didn't make the run on the first try but then made it on the second. She did have a problem with her knee/ankle and was on the green belt sometime during weeks 2-3. but thank god she was able to get to this point. I will pray for your daughter everyday and i know how you feel. My best advise would be those letters of encouragement. when my daughter was having problems the thing i would put in her every letter was the saying
    (No Pain No Gain). and that she could do it!! The therapy together with the help/pushing from her shipmates will help her to overcome the pushups.
    Finn1208

--
    11 Nov 2011 07:40 PM
    Hi Rdeje
    Well one more week to go the letter from my daughter this week said I was "talking" to one of her friends parents on here .. hope its you... she said the girl is the yeoman for her company? Is that your daughter? Cant wait to meet you next week.. we are going to the dinner will you be there as well? She got stationed on South Padre Island at the SAR station. Her first choice was Texas so we all couldnt be happier for her. Was so relieved when she passed her run test, took her soo many tries and I was starting to get worried. She was also in and out of the medical office for issues with her wrists so I'm there with you and your daughter on her greenbelt stays . I tried/try to be encouraging in her letters we ride and train horses so every letter ended with.. Chin up.. Heels down.. Chest out and go get that championship lol.. sounds a bit corny if you dont know showing horses but seems to have helped .. along with all the other encouraging words/sayings I could think of. She managed to pass her push ups with 19 instead of the 15 that were required and the CC's were estatic she said. The company was a huge help to her, in lifting her spirits and pushing her forward they all seem to have come together as a team and family! Couldnt be more proud of them!!!
    C you next week.. Try to find me (us) I'm the one with the curly, long red hair and early CONGRATS to your daughter and family!!!!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement