Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Coast Guard member spit on.
Last Post 12 Nov 2012 09:39 AM by GM1USCG_RET. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member / Administrator
chukles

--
14 Oct 2011 08:39 AM
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...r-20111013

BOSTON (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - The Coast Guard in Boston confirmed that a woman in uniform was harassed and spat upon near Occupy Boston protesters.

The woman was walking to the train and said protesters spit on her twice, called her foul names and even threw a water bottle at her.

Now, the Coast Guard is warning all staff working on Atlantic Avenue to avoid those protesters while in uniform.

Devon Pendleton, a spokesman for Occupy Boston, doesn't believe that those male protestors are actually part of the movement. However, Pendleton wants to be clear, that if protestors are responsible for doing something so disrespectful, he'd like to apologize on behalf of Occupy Boston.

Coast Guard official Luke Clayton tells FOX25 whether or not the people who spit on the woman are part of Occupy Boston or not, what happened is against the law and he expects police to protect them against things like this in the future.

More than http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...x-20111011" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 12px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(43, 63, 153); ">140 Occupy Boston protesters were arrested earlier this week for refusing to cooperate with police on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

The peaceful protestors say the violence wasn't supposed to happen and a group of anarchists were the ones rebelling.  They say they do not condone that type of behavior.

Some Occupy Boston members have told FOX 25 they plan on sticking it out through the winter.  They have receive donations like tarps and tents to stay dry and have http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...n-20111013" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 12px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(43, 63, 153); ">raised more than $11,000 online .

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...r-20111013#ixzz1alckadMI
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Oct 2011 10:53 AM
    Absolutely horrendous! What dispicable behavior.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    14 Oct 2011 01:19 PM
    What a waste of space.
    Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cb1918

--
    17 Oct 2011 06:19 PM
    They walk among us...
    "It's classified"
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    18 Oct 2011 01:22 PM
    I'm sure glad I get to put on a uniform, and defend people so they can spit on people who wear uniforms...
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    19 Oct 2011 09:48 AM
    I'm impressed that she and her entire office didn't file out to exact vengeance. I know if I were working at her office and she came with a loogie on her uniform and a story about protesters harassing her my first instinct would be to go get my boots dirty. Really speaks to the professionalism of these individuals that they didn't go stomping.
    People talk all the time about Police brutality in these situations...personally I dunno how they manage to keep their heads as cool as they do. Anyone else see the picture from New York of some protester literally taking a dump on a patrol car? Messed up.
    Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    stonecold176

--
    20 Oct 2011 01:40 PM
    That was real common in CA! Protesters in CA really think there is no need for a military and all the money spent should be put towards education... with that way of thinking, maybe the US should spend more money on education: in the area of history more specifically!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Gandler

--
    20 Oct 2011 03:25 PM
    I have a somewhat related question to this article. As I understand CG has federal law enforcement power so couldn't they arrest that lady for assault? Or do they just have power on the water?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    20 Oct 2011 05:34 PM
    For the most part CG members have LE authority when performing LE missions. There my be exceptions to that, but I'm not aware of them. Plus, arresting people solves nothing. If she would have kicked that guy in the throat, which he so richly deserved, he would be thinking twice about spitting on anyone, ever.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Active Prior Service

--
    29 Apr 2012 03:58 PM
    Best way to answer that is you have to have Authority and Jurisdiction in order for Coast Guard to act in Law Enforcement.  The Coast Guard might have had the authority, but didn't have the jurisdiction so could not act in LE towards the violators.
    GM1USCG_RET

--
    12 Nov 2012 09:39 AM
    Posted By Active Prior Service on 29 Apr 2012 04:58 PM
    Best way to answer that is you have to have Authority and Jurisdiction in order for Coast Guard to act in Law Enforcement.  The Coast Guard might have had the authority, but didn't have the jurisdiction so could not act in LE towards the violators.

While the CG does not have jurisdiction in this situation, it is STILL a violation of federal law to assault, intimidate or harass a CG member because they are in uniform...  See 18 USC 111.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement