Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Yankee 185
Last Post 19 Dec 2011 03:23 PM by BlessedCGMom. 131 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 5 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
25 Nov 2011 12:41 PM
Judy,

Anyone can do boot camp in 8 weeks, it takes a special person 9 weeks to do it! Just remember to keep letters upbeat and positive and encouraging. Whatever the reason, he'll still want and need that support from his family.
Sector NY, Staten Island
LeahCorrine

--
25 Nov 2011 05:49 PM
Judy, I sent you an email
Poor Ole Pappy

--
25 Nov 2011 05:55 PM
Thank you to the family that took our son in for Thansgiving. It was truly a blessing to talk to him on the phone and that they opened their home up to him and another recruit. They got to call home, email, facebook, watch a football game and enjoy a home cooked meal. God bless them!
judytunnard@gmail.com

--
26 Nov 2011 08:16 AM
thanks do you know after graudation day do they book their own flight home or is something that we need to do ahead time.donot want to wait till last minute getting nervous about making plans .thahks judy
LeahCorrine

--
26 Nov 2011 08:34 AM
I think the flight home depends on where he is stationed.
OldGuard might be able to tell you more about it.
mariposa32

--
26 Nov 2011 10:34 AM
If your recruit is planning on coming back home with you, you need to book the flight for them. CG will give them an allowance from Cape May to there new station. Anyother traveling is on your own expense.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
26 Nov 2011 11:07 AM
They can book their own flight home and pay for it themselves as well. You don't HAVE TO make the reservation for them. Just let your recruit know your flight plans and your recruit can book the same flight.
Sector NY, Staten Island
LeahCorrine

--
26 Nov 2011 09:56 PM
What about for me? Will the CG pay to move me and our daughter? Like if we are stationed in Hawaii, will they buy a plane ticket for me?
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
27 Nov 2011 12:46 AM
The CG will pay to move you & the baby with your husband. 100%.
Sector NY, Staten Island
judytunnard@gmail.com

--
27 Nov 2011 08:44 AM
thank you. do you know after gruadation how lon its takes for then visit barrackes show us around and get packed phill two hours away tryin to go home same day since they only have 5 days off beforing reporting. thahks judy
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
27 Nov 2011 09:50 AM
That can be as fast as the recruit can run. My son and I got lost in the exchange together... much to the rest of the families chagrin. My son and I are extremely close, no one was surprised the 2 of us disappeared while they all waited at the restaurant. We both thought it was worth the dirty looks. If we hadn't stopped at the exchange we would have been off the base in about 30 minutes after graduation.
Sector NY, Staten Island
LeahCorrine

--
27 Nov 2011 09:52 PM
Sweet! Thanks
You are truly a wealth of knowledge.
BlessedCGMom

--
30 Nov 2011 12:05 PM
HI EVERYONE!!!

I think my son is the Youngster in the Yankee company at the age of 18! He had turned 18 2 days before shipping out!

I just discovered the Facebook Closed Group and when I can get on a desktop computer and do a request I will to get in the group! My son is one of their Religious Petty Officers in the company.

Thank you to all of you on this thread, they are really coming together as a company/family and looking out for each other!!!

Thanks OldGuard2 for all your information, it has been a blessing!!
Coastiemom106

--
30 Nov 2011 12:37 PM
The weekly journal has been updated!
BlessedCGMom

--
30 Nov 2011 03:21 PM
Looks like on the journal that they had one of their company reverted back...
They had their ups and downs as a company again, but they are standing strong together!!
ccb

--
02 Dec 2011 04:34 PM
Hi everyone just joined. enjoy all the posting. my daughter is in yankee 185
LeahCorrine

--
03 Dec 2011 01:30 PM
Its week 5, but no phone call yet :/

I'm on edge waiting for it.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
03 Dec 2011 01:36 PM
It's coming... honest! He might be the last recruit in line... so just hang on! Calls sometimes last until Tuesday! I know how crazy it must be making you. You'll hear soon! Let us know if you have questions about your new duty station.
Sector NY, Staten Island
LeahCorrine

--
03 Dec 2011 02:05 PM
Thanks! I've been trying to remind myself that whether or not I know doesn't change anything, but every time the phone rings that goes right out the window.

I'm sure I will have a ton of questions. I don't really even care where we are going, I just want to be with my husband!
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
03 Dec 2011 08:08 PM
Is this the start of week 5 or the end? Remember the calls come at the end of week 5. Don't look for it too early! I think that makes sense. LOL I know, you just want to hear a simple "I love you" too.
Sector NY, Staten Island
LeahCorrine

--
04 Dec 2011 06:37 AM
Its the end of week 5. Actually 6 weeks because he was reverted :/

I just realized that the 10th is his on base liberty, and I'm supposed to be at a Christmas bazaar that day. In a town with no cell service. I haven''t quite decided if I'm going to skip the bazaar.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
04 Dec 2011 08:01 AM
Are you sure you don't live in Wisconsin?? I rarely ever have cell service and it makes me bananas. I'll be in the middle of a conversation with Colin... beep beep beep... call drops, goes dead. It takes half an hour for me to get back to a spot where service picks back up again! It makes me crazy!

You'll get your call soon. Sometimes they take a while to get through everyone. Has anyone else in the company received a call yet??
Sector NY, Staten Island
LeahCorrine

--
04 Dec 2011 09:02 AM
Everybody's been getting calls this morning! Including me. Although I was on the phone so he left a voice mail. We're going to Seattle Wa. He's stationed on a high endurance cutter.

Do you know how long he will be gone at a time? And do I need to look for an apartment?
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
04 Dec 2011 09:43 AM
That is fantastic! I'm so glad you got a call. I'm sorry you missed it but at least you know where you are going now! Seattle will be really nice. You can start LOOKING but DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT (did I stress DO NOT enough) sign anything or send any money to anyone!!! You will get time when you get to Seattle to find a place to live. So start googling, craigslist, realtor.com, zillow.com but again sign nothing! Get there and touch the place, see it for yourself, smell the apartment, look at the neighborhood with your own eyes!

High Endurance Cutters... They will typically go out for 3 months and be home for 3 months. Of course that is always subject to change per mission.
Sector NY, Staten Island
LeahCorrine

--
04 Dec 2011 10:33 AM
Thanks!

I won't sign anything. Or send money. My husband would be pretty upset if I rented a place without his approval

Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
04 Dec 2011 01:29 PM
I have rented plenty of places without Jim when I was married, with Scott since we've been together the last 15 years. You know what you'll like, what will be comfortable and safe... just long distance, over the internet, you are looking at SCAM central! I would hate for you to send $1500 in security & 1st month's rent type of thing only to find out your money went to Nigeria and you'll never see it again! Or you move into some fleabag, drug neighborhood because it looked so pretty on the internet. Pictures can be altered so that the worst slums can look amazing.

Have you checked out another forum... WWW.COASTIECHICKS.NET ? I'm not a fan of that site... it is a bit too whiny, too needy for me. However, it is a pretty informative site and it is almost 100% Coastie wives/girlfriends. You might be able to find out quite a bit about Seattle there and even meet some of the wives from your new ship. Like I said, my personal opinion was a bit whiny but that doesn't mean you might not make some good connections there. They just share a lot personally so it was complain about in laws or step kids and ex-spouses... so I prefer here, it is more meat & potatoes Coast Guard stuff. Give it a check, you never know.
Sector NY, Staten Island
judytunnard@gmail.com

--
04 Dec 2011 02:04 PM
no phone call here just wondering thanks judy
LeahCorrine

--
04 Dec 2011 03:48 PM
I have looked at Coastie Chicks, seems like there is a lot of information there.

I looked at a few places, but think that Sean and I are just going to go to a rental agency once we get there.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
04 Dec 2011 05:24 PM
Coastie Chicks does have good info. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Sometimes it seemed to be a but to whiny for me. Seemed they wanted to complain more about their mothers and/or mothers-in-law wanting to visit. I loved when my mom visited, I loved it even more when she left but I was always happy to have her come visit. My mother-in-law only visited once and my husband had to guilt her into that visit, she didn't come willingly! But the site does have good info.

Like I said, look on the different real estate sites, get an idea of what looks to be around there. Then when you get there you'll have an idea. You can even make contact with a real estate agent now and have them line places up for you. I did that when we moved to Virginia from Alaska and when we moved from NJ to Texas. I got off the plane and hit the ground running looking at properties. Nothing wrong with being prepared.

Your BAH will be approx 1335 a month.
Sector NY, Staten Island
USCGJuliansWife

--
04 Dec 2011 05:48 PM
Hi everyone.. I just received a phone call from my husband, (hes also in Yankee 185) with the location that we will be moving to when he graduates Thurs, Dec 22nd, 2011. I missed his phone call though so I didnt get to ask any questions! We will be in Port Angeles, Washington and hes going to be on a 87 foot cutter. Is anyone else getting stationed there too?? Does anyone know what that job is going to be like for him and our little family? Im worried he will be gone for a long time.

Any help would be great, thank you! C:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement