Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Yankee 185
Last Post 19 Dec 2011 03:23 PM by BlessedCGMom. 131 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 5 of 5 << < 12345
Author Messages
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
14 Dec 2011 08:37 AM
It is absolutely 100% allowable. Back in the day, when my husband was a boot, they got 24 hours off base liberty. I lived in NJ at the time and I picked him up on base and we had a really great night together and with his other shipmates. As a matter of fact at sometime around 4 in the morning our hotel room door flew open and someone yelled "FIRE FIRE FIRE Get up NOW!" Jim jumped out of bed at attention and then realized where he was. He turned and looked at me... I said just come back in a little quieter please. They were off, banging on other doors to see who they could scare out of bed. Now that is boys will be boys fun!

What you can't do during off base liberty is get drunk, show public displays of affection or in any way be disrespectful to the uniform. They are expected to maintain as they have been for the last 7 weeks. So yes, visiting with them during off base liberty is totally acceptable.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Mrice

--
14 Dec 2011 04:21 PM
Sorry, I didn't write a letter about the bullying. My husband and I talked we agreed they need to work it out.

I have a question, If your son tells the CC's that he wants to drive to his new location and something comes up can he fly instead? Do they care so longyou don't miss your orders date?
Mrice

--
15 Dec 2011 04:32 PM
I was wondering if someone could answer my question from last night? Thanks.
duke tunnard

--
16 Dec 2011 11:15 AM
whats wrong no body talking anymore?no body scared any more looks like we made it and everone feels safe hope so. any one know anything about dress for dinner wednrsday and want to wear for graduation dressy or causal?or just be there
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
16 Dec 2011 06:09 PM
Graduation is a personal call... But keep in mind your recruit will be in his uniform looking all spiffy & proper. You will want to respect that and dress accordingly. But I have seen everything from practically ball gowns to surfer shorts. Wear what is comfortable and matches the weather. The most important thing to wear... Comfortable shoes! There is going to be a fair amount of walking. I saw women at Colin's graduation limping back to their cars because their feet were so sore by the time graduation was over! In the case of footwear forego style for comfort. Other than that, have a lot of fun!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Poor Ole Pappy

--
17 Dec 2011 03:37 PM
Old Guard I assumed you were the Coastie ... thanks for your contributions.
judytunnard@gmail.com

--
17 Dec 2011 04:03 PM
thanks oldguard for all of your great advice and help.duke
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
17 Dec 2011 05:25 PM
Oh no. I have never worn the uniform myself. I was married to a Coastie for a lot of years and gave birth to a future Coastie. In one way or another my entire adult life has involved the CG. I love it, I have learned a lot. I hope I can shed a little light on things with the information I have picked up along the way. I just remember how confusing and scary it was when Jimmy joined more than 26 years ago and there was no resource like this at all. I don't want anyone to be that confused and feel alone.

So you're welcome. This really is completely my pleasure to do!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Poor Ole Pappy

--
18 Dec 2011 04:26 PM
oh. thanks again!
judytunnard@gmail.com

--
18 Dec 2011 09:20 PM
what does squadron leader do
BlessedCGMom

--
19 Dec 2011 07:20 AM
2 days and a Wake Up Call left for Yankee 185!

No Sunday afternoon run because of the weather 33 and windy! Loved seeing the Blue Fish Inn videos of the company runs...

BlessedCGMom

--
19 Dec 2011 03:23 PM
JOURNAL IS POSTED!!!!!!!!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 5 of 5 << < 12345

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement