Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
COLA
Last Post 08 Nov 2011 07:31 AM by Old Guard2. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
rfail1988

--
07 Nov 2011 06:29 PM
    My old work partner who was a DC3 told me that no matter where you are, you'll get COLA. However I looked at the online COLA calculator and it looks like only a few certain places get COLA, and they are all very expensive places to live. He told me that he got COLA when he was stationed at Neah Bay, WA - out in the middle of nowhere. Who do I believe? him or the interwebs? 
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    07 Nov 2011 06:30 PM
    you only get cola in certain places.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Nov 2011 06:34 PM
    We got COLA in Alaska, we got none in Lousiana or Virginia. I'm fairly certain Jim is not getting COLA in Texas and Colin is not getting it in Boston. You will not receive COLA at all locations.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    rfail1988

--
    07 Nov 2011 07:24 PM
    Thanks :-) I have a feeling he got cola at neah bay because its about a 2 hour drive from the nearest town.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    07 Nov 2011 07:57 PM
    Most likely. If you want a good amount of COLA, there's always Kodiak. It has one of the highest COLA rates. It makes my wallet very happy
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CablesMom

--
    07 Nov 2011 08:55 PM
    I'm sure my son's COLA (Kodiak) makes his girlfriend very happy.
    Proud Coastie Mom
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    07 Nov 2011 10:12 PM
    The city I work for took COLA away from us 2 years ago due to the economy...that was a serious hurt, especially for those already and very close to retirement.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Nov 2011 05:00 AM
    OK, my curiosity got the best of me.  I found a COLA calculator and guess what, Colin would get COLA in Boston.  I was surprised.  I was correct that Jim does not receive it in Texas.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/si...usCalc.cfm

Same as BAH, COLA is calculated based on the zip code of the station, not the zip code in which you live.  So if you are stationed in Boston but chose to live in Harvard, you get COLA based on Boston.  So you can play with this and figure it out as well. 
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    08 Nov 2011 07:17 AM
    No COLA in Neah Bay. We administered the oversight for that station from Port Angeles and they didin't receive COLA. Maybe he got BAH and COLA confused. You do get paid differently for BAH depending on where you go so perhaps that was the confusion. I get COLA in Detroit and it is the first time I have received COLA since I have been in the CG. As stated, not every location gets it.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Nov 2011 07:31 AM
    http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/Do...N=56750624

This is a PDF document... it shows the CONUS COLA locations.  There aren't very many at all.  This is not for OutCONUS areas, only in. 
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement