Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Bravo 186
Last Post 01 Jan 2012 08:09 PM by exTT2uscgHSdad. 23 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
azcoastiemom

--
06 Dec 2011 02:53 PM
    Just saw it posted on the USCG site that my son's company is Bravo 186/ grad date Jan 27th (Old Guard2 was right, she is so smart!) I just got a text from him that their flight landed safely in PA from San Diego and they are heading to the bus! I am so nervous now! He said he has made some friends already at the hotel in SD. Any other parents out there with kids in Bravo 186?
    ercook5

--
    12 Dec 2011 03:33 PM
    Hey!!
    Did your son ship out from SD on Dec. 6th? My boyfriend did also! I thought that their graduation date would be February 3rd, but I would love to be wrong. His mom and I are still waiting for the letter detailing all the information.. I think my boyfriend mentioned that he was rooming with (or maybe at least talked to) someone who was shipping out with him from Arizona!
    Proudwife

--
    13 Dec 2011 01:46 PM
    I thought it was February 3rd as well a few weeks before my husband left, however, it is January 27th.. here's a website with that information.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recruit/FAQs.asp
    azcoastiemom

--
    13 Dec 2011 02:27 PM
    Yes, my son shipped out from SD on Dec 6th!! That is so cool, he probably did room with your boyfriend. Yes, their grad date is January 27th for sure, I have already booked my hotel in Cape May. Are either of you planning on attending the graduation? It is so nice to meet you both, even if it is on line! Gives me a lot of comfort knowing that our loved ones are going through the same thing!
    azcoastiemom

--
    13 Dec 2011 02:28 PM
    Oh, and BTW, I got a "form" letter from my son yesterday with lots of info. Did you guys get yours yet?
    azcoastiemom

--
    13 Dec 2011 03:08 PM
    Yes, I got mine yesterday too! It was the most beautiful chicken scratch (his writing) that I had ever seen!
    ercook5

--
    13 Dec 2011 03:56 PM
    Yeah we got our today!! So exciting!! I'm going to the graduation for sure!! Going to book my plane ticket now that I know the date!! It's so nice being able to talk to someone else in the same situation.. I get so excited everyday that I'm just one day closer to seeing him again!! Do you guys have facebook?
    ercook5

--
    13 Dec 2011 04:00 PM
    P.S. don't know if you guys have seen the journals they post yet, but I'm so excited for them to post next week so we can see what they're up to!! It drives me crazy not knowing!! Here is the link!!
    http://www.tracencapemay.uscgnews.c...763/49039/
    azcoastiemom

--
    13 Dec 2011 04:30 PM
    There is a facebook for their unit...just type in Bravo 186. There is also one for USCG friends and family. Lots of info & very nice people. My name is Jonica Flores & you will see me on both. Sometimes people post pics to so I am hoping someone will snap some of Bravo 186 & post!
    azcoastiemom

--
    13 Dec 2011 04:32 PM
    oh & there is also a facebook for coastie chicks...it is for spouses & girl friends. The Bravo 186 one is just for us though!
    BlessedCGMom

--
    14 Dec 2011 12:17 PM
    I hope you did not book yet! I made the mistake of booking too early. You should wait until at least Week 5 of boot camp so much can happen! Not saying it will just be cautious because a lot of places will charge you an arm and leg to make changes if you have to.

I know my son is in Yankee 185 and the graduation date was moved up 1 day due to Christmas holidays!

Trying to share what happened to me...

Semper Paratus!
    samiam619

--
    14 Dec 2011 08:00 PM
    I can't find the facebook link for bravo 186. I did a simple search of bravo 186 and no luck. I have a daughter in alpha 186 and a friend who's daughter is bravo 186. Could you direct me a little further?
    Mare

--
    14 Dec 2011 08:13 PM
    It's USCG Bravo 186. Closed group. Just have your friend send a request like you did for Alfa.
    samiam619

--
    14 Dec 2011 09:02 PM
    I never found the link for Alpha 186. I've searched "alpha 186" as well as "bravo 186". I've tried both with "USCG alpha 186" and "USCG bravo 186".
    samiam619

--
    14 Dec 2011 09:08 PM
    OOPs! Just found it! Thanks so much!
    Jaclynn83

--
    19 Dec 2011 10:54 AM
    My husband is currently at boot camp and part of Bravo 186. It is so nice to read threads from all of you, and know that we all have our loved ones working and learning together. I will definitely have to check out the Facebook site for their company. My husband and I have been together for 10 years (dated 5, married 5), and it is just driving me crazy not being able to talk to him, but comforting to know that everyone else is feeling the same way. I received a postcard from him saying that boot camp is definitely stressful, which is to be expected. Has anyone heard of anything from their recruits from Bravo 186?
    sandeerosecastle@aol.com

--
    19 Dec 2011 10:57 PM
    My son is currently in Bravo 186. I am very proud of him. He has had extra "roadblocks" tossed in his way, that added to his total time at bootcamp. Truely things beyond a persons normal control. He is handling things very well, which proves to me he is where he is supposed to be. I knew we wouldn't have him for Christmas, but this mom wasn't ready for an additional 3 weeks. Really looking forward to graduation January 27th : )
    Proudwife

--
    20 Dec 2011 08:18 AM
    http://www.tracencapemay.uscgnews.c...confusion-

First recruit journal posted yesterday.
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    20 Dec 2011 11:08 AM
    sandeerosecastle@aol.com I saw on the member list that you're from Kingsburg and I am from Hanford. I played waterpolo a lot at Kingsburg High. Miss the area. Hope all is well with your Recruit.
    exTT2uscgHSdad

--
    25 Dec 2011 12:52 PM
    My daughter is in the company. She was held back a week from Alpha186. I have received 3 letters from her. Only one since she has been with Bravo. Two while she was in holding company. She sounded good but says it is tough. I know what she is going through. I did it 20 years ago last Jul/Aug. There have been many changes since then but there are many similarities too. I can't wait to hear from her today assuming she will be able to call home with Operation Fireside.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Dec 2011 05:19 PM
    Welcome aboard TT. I hope you got to speak to your girl and all is well. Obviously most of the questions you have you already know answers. But hey hop on in the conversation and help answer some things for other parents. We always welcome some sage advice from Coasties.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Rfry

--
    26 Dec 2011 11:39 AM
    Just wanted to Thanks all the family's that took the recruites in for a wonderful christmas dinner. It was wonderful to be able to hear from our son and we even received a picture. It made our whole christmas holiday wonderful. These family's are true blessings!!!
    exTT2uscgHSdad

--
    01 Jan 2012 07:19 PM
    OldGuard2-- I would be happy to help answer any questions anyone has. I don't know how similar things are today compared to 20 years ago when I was in Delta 137.

I did get to hear from her and tried to get to see a picture but she wasn't able to send one. We talked for a while, over an hour I'd say. It was a great Christmas!! Thanks to the host family that made it all possible. I also saw some pictures of her today as well as a video posted on the Facebook page of Bluefish Inn I believe it was. Several of the companies were on there. They were on their off base run. Really awesome to see them marching.

Is there a way to receive email alerts when replies are posted to this thread??

Brad
    exTT2uscgHSdad

--
    01 Jan 2012 08:09 PM
    http://youtu.be/mRzdUWvXkX4 is the link for the upload of the video that I saw on facebook. I couldn't figure out how to download it off facebook so I recorded it on my cellphone while I was viewing it on my laptop and then dowloaded it off my cellphone onto the laptop and uploaded it to youtube. Improvise, adapt and overcome....USCGC Thetis motto....Semper Paratus

Brad
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement