Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Charlie186 (Ship date Dec. 13, Grad date Feb 3)
Last Post 21 Dec 2011 05:08 PM by lwwitcher. 22 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rustylark

--
07 Dec 2011 11:39 AM
    Hi there! My son Alex is shipping out from Detroit on the 13th and I just wondered if there was anyone else on with kids for that company.
    Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. Adlai E. Stevenson
    Samantha12

--
    08 Dec 2011 10:09 AM
    Hi Rustylark! I'm so glad you started this thread. I was about to start one myself. My 18 yr old son Zach will be in company C186 also. I say son although he is technically my step-son but I’ve been with Zach’s dad since he was 4 yrs old and Zach has lived with us full time since he was 8. We are so very proud of him. We know it is time for him to become an independent adult away from us and we look forward to seeing his journey to the man he will become. Of course it is bitter sweet because we will miss our boy and the house will be so empty without him. Guess that’s why they call it empty nest, right?? I’m happy to meet other parents of Coasties to be!

Samantha
    Rustylark

--
    08 Dec 2011 04:18 PM
    Hi Samantha,

I have two new steps as well. I call them my "bonus babies".

My son, Alex, is turning 19 on Dec. 14th...welcome to bootcamp! I'm very proud of him, but it's tough letting go,especially not even talking through his birthday,Christmas and New Years. I know he'll be fine but I'm feeling a liittle sorry for myself at the moment as his re recruiter told us his company would get to partiicipate in Operation Fireside,but that seems not to be the case.

I'll tell Alex to keep an eye out for Zachary. I am told they won't know how many are in their Company until they get there. Alex's full name is Alexander Z. Reinke. He'll embaressed we talked probably,but hey those lucky enough to have a Z in their name,ha e to stick together....and so do we mom's.

I imagine we'll chat more after next Monday. We're from Rochester Hills, Mich...how about you? They're putting.g Alex up in a hotly about 20 min from here on Monday night. I imagine they want to be sure they get to the airport on time.

Enjoy your last few days. You might want to read Old Guards advice to me on another topic string.

Ttfn, Robin
    Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. Adlai E. Stevenson
    Samantha12

--
    11 Dec 2011 07:38 AM
    Hi Robin,

Great to meet you! We are from Virginia Beach, VA. Zachery will go to Richmond tomorrow to stay overnight and be sworn again, then fly out early the next morning. We've enjoyed these last few days together. We had a big family Christmas dinner for him and have just tried to spend good time together.
    I told Zach I was chatting with you and that Alex will be in his company. To tell you the truth, he'll probably forget about it because he is so excitied and nervous about all of this. Dec 13th seemed so far away when he was given that ship date. Now it's here!

soccerchixx

--
    11 Dec 2011 10:04 AM
    Hey i am actually a recruit and samantha I will be flying with your son. Im leaving from yorktown, VA but went through a recruiter from the chesapeake office. My mom is driving me up early tuesday morning just to have the last byes and everything. My mom will be making an account on here, I have to show her how lol.
    Rustylark

--
    11 Dec 2011 10:16 AM
    There's now a great group page for Charlie 186 on facebook now. Great folks,everyone should check it out
    soccerchixx

--
    11 Dec 2011 11:28 AM
    would you mind posting a link, I can't find it and I'm sure my mom would like to know How to get to it. Thank you
    Samantha12

--
    11 Dec 2011 08:31 PM
    Robin, I'll look for the FB page. Thanks!

Soccerchixx, That's cool. I just let Zach know you'd be on his flight =)
    Samantha12

--
    11 Dec 2011 09:08 PM
    For Soccerchixx's mom,

Here is the link 5o the FB page:

http://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=m_notif&__user=100002632562582#!/home.php?sk=group_134794316596704&slog=1698518340&seq=2141432782&rk=1&fbtype=69&__user=100002632562582
    Samantha12

--
    11 Dec 2011 09:13 PM
    Yikes! That didn't work. Sorry! It's pretty easy to find though. Just search FB for USCG Charlie 186. =)
    Rustylark

--
    11 Dec 2011 10:03 PM
    Let me know if you're still having trouble,or have her find me on facebook and I'll hook her up...Robin Ziebert,Rochester Hills,Mi
    soccerchixx

--
    12 Dec 2011 08:58 AM
    Yes I found it after I used the actual computer, I was using the ipad. My mom joined after I told her about her name is Dora B. Thank You so much
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Dec 2011 09:19 AM
    I think I have seen your mom on the USCG Friends & Families or maybe it was USCG Moms area on Facebook. Make sure she knows about our forum as well. There is a lot of support to be gained here as well... a lot of information as well from Coasties.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    BlessedCGMom

--
    14 Dec 2011 01:25 PM

Posted By soccerchixx on 11 Dec 2011 10:04 AM
    Hey i am actually a recruit and samantha I will be flying with your son. Im leaving from yorktown, VA but went through a recruiter from the chesapeake office. My mom is driving me up early tuesday morning just to have the last byes and everything. My mom will be making an account on here, I have to show her how lol.

My son is in Yankee 185 and will be graduating on 12/22...

Just a little side note, he said that the men were almost intimidated at first of the female Company Commander's at first.

The women are FIERCE!

Be Strong and THANK YOU for Serving!

Semper Paratus.

ProudCGWife

--
    14 Dec 2011 03:32 PM
    My husband is also in Charlie 186! I'm so glad to have found this forum to connect with other families. I am very new to ALL of this so I am hoping this will be a nice way for me learn the ropes!
    lwwitcher

--
    15 Dec 2011 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the Facebook link! Our son is also in Charlie186. Glad to have a place to connect with other new Coast Guard Families.
    timgeist

--
    19 Dec 2011 04:03 PM
    Has anyone received a post card yet with the correct address?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Dec 2011 07:18 PM
    Here is teh address for you...

SR_________________________
    Recruit Company C186
    James Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

Send a letter when you like. Be sure to include full first & last names, it truly does not matter which order.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    sandyarbaszewski

--
    19 Dec 2011 07:43 PM
    our duaghter shipped out december 13th as well. today is monday the 19th and we have not yet received a letter with her mailing address. have you? any comments?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Dec 2011 09:03 PM
    I just gave you the address in the post above yours. You don't have to wait for the postcard... That IS the address. Fill in the blank with your daughter's name!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    timgeist

--
    19 Dec 2011 10:23 PM
    Thanks for the address!!
    TATORSMOM

--
    20 Dec 2011 09:33 AM
    Thank God we found this forum. We were going crazy. Our son left on 12/13 and we have not received anything in the mail. We called his recruiter yesterday and got the address to send him a letter. If anyone hears anything, please share the info. Our son is not much of a writer. Thanks to all... Pearl S.
    lwwitcher

--
    21 Dec 2011 05:08 PM
    Hi Pearl - Our son Tommy is in this class also. We did recieve a form letter from the Commanding Officer this week but nothing yet from our son. There is a Facebook site online for Charlie 186 (their class) if you happen to use that site. It gives lots of information and is used primarily by parents and spouses of members of C-186.
    You probably have read about it in other areas on this site.

Hopefully today you recieved that first letter, my son did write a very quick note to say he was there and gave us his address. Sounds like they are only allowed to write on Sunday and the mail is slow. We just keep in mind that he is in the best place he could be and I try to send him a letter each day. Take care, hope you hear from him soon. Lisa
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement