Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
To those that think they cannot get a degree while in
Last Post 04 Sep 2012 01:35 PM by magmam. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member / Administrator
chukles

--
11 Dec 2011 08:41 PM
    It is official, I have just completed my Master's degree in information Technology Management. The Coast Guard is very liberal when it comes to professional development. Do not for a moment think you cannot accomplish it. I did, and I am a recruiter!!

Total coast of my Bachelor and Master's degree? Less than 300 bucks! I still have my full GI bill as well...

Now in the words of Larry the cable guy.....get r' done!
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Dec 2011 09:22 PM
    Many congratulations Chukles!! I know when Jim finished his Master's that was a very happy day for him!!! I give credit to anyone that can work and complete an advanced degree like that. Bravo Zulu!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    12 Dec 2011 07:45 AM
    Congrats chukles! I know I'll be going for my Masters while I'm in the CG, and probably another Bachelors.
    Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    12 Dec 2011 06:43 PM
    Working on my BS.. Next month Flight lessons, thank you GI Bill! Congrats, Chukles.. you have achieved official total bad ass status now.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    23 Dec 2011 08:47 PM
    Congrats! Its a great degree to have. You'll have a military retirement and a nice paying job as well assuming you choose that route! Work 10 more years, retire rich and live on a Florida beach. Oh yeah.

I start my Master's program in summer. I would have started now, but the final exam time would have been during my honeymoon. I can't have that! I will probably get a second bachelor's too if I stay in long enough.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    coastguardveteran

--
    04 Sep 2012 08:07 AM
    It all depends on your command. You seem very fortunate to be able to do that but is not the norm.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 Sep 2012 12:04 PM
    CG Veteran, I am sure some units are a bit more difficult to be able to attend college but I cannot imagine commands trying to squash someone attempting to improve themselves. I have posted this so many times I'm sure there are many others here that can repeat it... My ex-husband has earned an Associates, a Bachelors and a Masters all while on active duty going from E-1 in boot camp to currently an O-6 and the CO of his unit. He has never met a stumbling block of a command that hasn't allowed him to advance. I know with some of his assignments it wasn't easy and maybe he only got to take one class a semester. But never did his command not allow him to better himself. Probably because it wasn't only for himself but for the CG as well. It could only serve to make him a much better Coastie and officer.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    04 Sep 2012 01:35 PM
    Chukles-congrats to you that is a great accomplishment! Yeah there is hope my son will follow through and finish his BA while in the CG!! If you don't mind I have 2 questions...which online school did you use and how much of your degree did you manage to work on while on a cutter?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement