Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
writing letters
Last Post 03 Mar 2012 01:27 AM by Ghouse. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cgfiance6600

--
13 Dec 2011 04:48 PM
    Hey,

My Fiance just left for boot camp today. I was wondering since I am not his wife or family yet does that mean I will not receive any official graduation and address information? With that said, if he can only send that info to his parents is there a specific address I can write to even if I do not know which company he is in? Also for the graduation, since I am not 25 and cannot rent a car, are taxis or shuttles readily available from the Atlantic City Airport?

Thanks so much,
    Chelsea
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Dec 2011 06:08 PM
    Hi Chelsea,

The choice is completely his as to who he sends his letter to. So he can send it to you, he might send it to his parents. I'll post the address once it is available. I don't believe it is on the other website yet. I'll check for you.

As far as getting to the base... it won't be easy. Any chance his parents are going and you can hitch a ride with them? There are no shuttles and I'm not ever sure what the NJ Transit schedule looks like. I suppose you can google "NJ Transit bus schedules" to see what might be available but it is going to be a challenge.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Dec 2011 06:15 PM
    SR_________________________
    Recruit Company C-186
    James Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

There you go... the mailing address and graduation date is February 3rd. Be sure to use complete first & last names when addressing the envelope.

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    rfail1988

--
    14 Dec 2011 12:22 PM
    you can rent a car being younger than 25. I'm not sure which company you'll need to use (i think enterprise) but they do exist, just charge extra fees for being younger.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    rfail1988

--
    14 Dec 2011 12:24 PM
    this link should give you some good info. looks like most companies are willing to let you rent a car under 25 for extra money.

http://www.smartertravel.com/travel...id=1262493

makes my incentive to turn 25 just go away completely!
    cgfiance6600

--
    15 Dec 2011 06:19 PM
    Thanks so much! That is extremely helpful!
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    16 Dec 2011 02:24 AM
    I have rented from Avis and I asked if they charge for drivers under 25. The lady said they never charge for that. Not sure if it was just the one in Anchorage, but give them a shot! They charge a bit more overall, but less than others when you count the fee.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Dec 2011 10:20 AM
    That was my first job in Kodiak. We had just gotten off the plane and we were renting a car to get all my luggage to our house out in Bells Flats (9 bags in all). The lady working at the counter was the Master Chief's wife. We got to talking and she needed someone to work the afternoon shift. Before I saw my house, met my dog, unpacked a single pair of underwear I had a job... I was the counter girl at Avis in the Kodiak Airport.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Ghouse

--
    01 Mar 2012 04:57 PM
    I have seen this format:

SR_________________________
    Recruit Company ____________ (assigned upon arrival)
    Munro / Healy / James Hall (assigned upon arrival)
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

posted everywhere I've seen any mention of letter writing, and I am assuming the SR is for Seaman Recruit. If that is the case, then would someone who is told they will be enlisting as an E-3 have their mail sent to SN_____ (and all the rest the same?), or would it still be SR? (My thinking is perhaps you are made E-3 upon graduating or something similar)
    SemperNYC

--
    01 Mar 2012 08:38 PM
    They would still get paid as an E-3 but everyone is called a Seaman Recruit during basic.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Mar 2012 10:25 PM
    +1 Semper! All in boot are recruits regardless of their rank upon graduation.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Ghouse

--
    03 Mar 2012 01:27 AM
    Thanks!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement