Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
My son got reverted
Last Post 16 Jan 2012 05:21 AM by Old Guard2. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
proudmom17

--
07 Jan 2012 08:05 PM
    Hi,

Yipes!  My son just called and he got reverted.  He just said he did something stupid and got reverted for a week.  He just finished week 6.  He had already gotten his orders.  Will his orders change?  His CC got on the phone and said he is OK, he just is in a new company and has to stay for another week and will graduate a week later.  I am really just wondering if his orders to go to the base he was assigned to will be the same.  Thanks for your time.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    07 Jan 2012 09:08 PM
    Someone else's son was also just reverted. Refer here

http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/12271.aspx

it's no big deal in the long run. It does suck alot and can be very difficult for your son but in the end everything will be ok. Most likely orders will not change.
    It's Hammer Time!!
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Jan 2012 09:57 PM
    If the unit he was supposed to report to is in dire need of a body, there's a possibility that he could lose his assignment, but chances are that he will not. As always, it all comes down to the needs of the service.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Lauren EH

--
    14 Jan 2012 10:08 PM
    This actually just happened to my boyfriend but I'm not sure if he go in trouble or not but his graduation is now almost 3 weeks later and company changed.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    15 Jan 2012 11:59 AM
    Lauren, he may have gotten in trouble, he may have hurt himself, or any number of things. It happens.

The few people that had orders from previous companies and got reverted did not get their orders changed. My orders changed in week 7 and I graduated on time - it was due to other factors. We had two recruits scheduled to go to Hawaii. Well wouldn't you know it day of graduation was the day of the Japanese tsunami, and Hawaii was on alert. So guess who didn't get to go to Hawaii? Nothing is certain in the CG. Ask Old Guard about orders getting changed randomly.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Jan 2012 05:07 PM
    Orders getting changed is always so much fun! Had it happen twice while I was married to my husband. One time it was ok, we were set to go to Cape Cod... orders were changed because he got picked up for OCS. I kinda wish he got picked up after we got to Cape Cod, then I wouldn't have left Kodiak and moved in with my parents for 4 months... but that is a different tale of woe. The other time was when we left New Orleans! We wanted Alaska, got told Governor's Island in NYC. Not a happy family. Changed plans and thoughts, going to NYC, ok. Then hard copy orders show up we are going to Valdez, AK. OMG! Roller coaster of emotions... want to go here, going there, wait going where you wanted... ACK!!!! It is all silly crazy! But you know what... in the end it really did all work out. Even if at the time it all seemed so crazy and madness to deal with. Roll with the punches and it will all be great!
    USCGC Midgett
    LeahCorrine

--
    15 Jan 2012 11:32 PM
    My husband was reverted 3 times.

The first time was right after he arrived at Cape May. He shipped with XRAY. Was reverted a week to YANKEE. (I haven't been able to talk to him a lot, so I don't know why)

The second time was a week before his scheduled graduation. He was unable to complete the pushup requirement. This time he was "rephased" to the ZULU. Zulu shipped 2 weeks after Yankee, so his graduation date was 2 weeks later.

The third time was also for being unable to meet the pushup requirements. There was another week skipped between Zulu and Alfa, so again his graduation date was pushed back another 2 weeks.

He has now been in boot camp for 13 weeks. He is graduating this Friday. So, you see, these kind of things happen. Boot Camp took much longer than we thought it would, but its not the end of the world. Everything works out.

Oh, and his orders have stayed the same.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Jan 2012 05:21 AM
    LEah, I'm so glad you are finally going to get your hubby back! I know it has been a really long 13 weeks for you. The home coming will be sweet I'm sure. Are you going to be going out to Cape May? I remember you were debating the dates and the baby... If you can't make it, remember to tall your hubby to get the DVD. Congratulations!

Macie
    USCGC Midgett
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement