Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Entertainment while on patrol
Last Post 12 Jan 2012 05:23 PM by Cable'sMom. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
danielumoore86

--
11 Jan 2012 12:40 PM
    Just out of interest, I was wondering what (if anything) everyone brings with them to help pass the time while deployed? I was backing up some of my dvds to an external hard drive when that thought came to me.
    I realize that there is lots to do while underway and free time is sacred; I just wondering what entertainment vices everyone's got ;P
    CGC Rush - Honolulu, HI
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Jan 2012 01:39 PM
    My son has 4 ipods, music is his outlet. He has a guitar aboard ship. He has a kindle for reading, a laptop for computer stuff and a netbook for movie watching. He has a 2 terrabyte (spelling?) external hard drive that he keeps movies & music on. He had a portable DVD player but he hated it because you have to actually HAVE the movies to watch it. He prefers his netbook, same size but he can download movies and then it doesn't take up any additional space and if he hits a port call and wants a new release... Starbucks, download, done.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    danielumoore86

--
    11 Jan 2012 02:02 PM
    Sounds like your son is pretty much set! I'm surprised to see a guitar on the list though. There must be more room than the idea I got in my mind. I may have to find space for my hand drum ;P
    CGC Rush - Honolulu, HI
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    11 Jan 2012 05:44 PM
    usually brought a laptop. These days if you have a tablet...it's the best bet because it's so small but can do soooo much.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    nengland

--
    11 Jan 2012 07:46 PM
    Laptop, kindle, iPhone, Xbox 360, tv and schoolwork (taking online classes).
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Jan 2012 08:11 PM
    He keeps the guitar in the paint locker. There isn't enough room in his personal space for it. But there are a couple of other guys that play instruments so they play together or by themselves when they just need that music break! Some people bring bikes or surf boards or fishing gear. It is work but you have to have some fun, too!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    12 Jan 2012 07:50 AM
    Laptop, books, Ipod that is what I used. Whenever we got sent to Canada one of the guys brought his XBOX 360, which was the ships moral life line.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CablesMom

--
    12 Jan 2012 05:23 PM
    Apparently, at least on the Alex Haley, the 'thing' to do is hook up a bunch of xbox's together and play games. My son also has his laptop with an external HD for movies, his ipod, Nook, etc. He brings his mountain bike on patrols in case they make a port call where there is awesome riding potential (Seward, AK is his favorite). So, whatever floats your boat is what you bring along, as long as it's allowed
    Proud Coastie Mom
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement