Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Wedding services?
Last Post 14 Jan 2012 06:48 PM by FloridaGirl. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
coastieSO

--
13 Jan 2012 06:09 PM
    My fiancee is graduating from BC Jan 20th 2011, and will be stationed in Portsmouth VA. We want to get married as soon as we can before he goes out on the cutter, or right after he gets back from being on the cutter. He was telling me about the Chaplain being able to marry us for practically no cost. I cant find any information on the internet on what the whole process is and what I need to do. Its basically all up to me, and Im kind of overwhelmed now! lol. I found the number for the Chaplain there, but I dont want to bother him if I dont need to. Any info on what the wedding is like, and what I need to get done so we can get married as quick as possible? Would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Jan 2012 09:07 PM
    Call the Chaplain. Believe me, you won't be wasting his time. Even if he can't do it, he will talk to you about military life and share some insight with you. It is always worth the call. Don't ever think you would be a bother. I know when my hubby & I married he had to go through pre-cana classes in Kodiak, alone. I went through them in NJ, alone. That was interesting. LOL So you really do want to speak to the Chaplain. If you want a quickie wedding you might want to look into Justice of the Peace. That will get you married and you can take the time to plan a nice church wedding and reception on your first or even fifth anniversary. A JoP won't charge very much at all.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    14 Jan 2012 06:03 PM
    + Old Guard. We are both also doing pre-marital counselling. Alone. It's....different. Haha, oh well we signed up for this life right?

If you want a little more than a JoP wedding, try searching "Destination weddings" in either Virginia Beach or Hampton Roads.  If you do it now, or wait until after his patrol (spring time, I'm guessing) it's off season so you can probably get something pretty cheap, even more so if you get married say, on a Thursday.

For example: http://www.beachweddingsvirginia.co...eagull.htm

Price: Total: $895 midweek (Mon-Thurs)
    or $995 weekends and holidays
    NOTE: There is a $200 discount off this price for November-March

Wedding times: Morning (could be 7, 8 or 9 AM) and Sunset (time varies)
    $100 discount for active duty military. If you qualify for the military discount, please SAY SO at the time of booking.

So you could very well get a wedding with a photographer for $700-$800.  Totally up to you and what you can afford.

EDIT: Oh, and depending on what state you get married in (on leave at home or in VA) don't forget to look up rules for your marriage liscence.  Some states have waiting periods (apply for a liscence one day, come back for it later - I think Wisconson is 7 days!), a few still require blood tests, and I believe every state charges a fee of somewhere between $50-$100.

Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Jan 2012 06:19 PM
    See, you ask another young bride to be and they know all the good deals! Excellent post FG!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    14 Jan 2012 06:48 PM
    Thanks! We went through the ringer with this wedding. First it was Hawaii (airfare too much for the parents), then California, then we talked about Minnesota (his family, but still would be winter there), Alaska (no), Wisconsin (where he's stationed- for the next few months anyway, but not with a 7 day waiting period), Illinois (1 day waiting period), and finally, we figured it out. Destination wedding. In Florida. Never in my life would I have imagined having a "Destination" wedding 25 miles from the house I grew up in. But it was cheap and easy. And warm. Can't forget warm!
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement