Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Italian Cruise Ship Runs Aground
Last Post 15 Jan 2012 09:44 AM by FloridaGirl. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FloridaGirl

--
14 Jan 2012 04:46 PM
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/14/world...?hpt=hp_t1

Ummm....Oops? I thought those pics where photoshopped at first.  Remind me to never go on an Italian cruise.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Jan 2012 05:43 PM
    I love how the story says "2 passengers were located inside the ship but rescuers have not been able to reach them yet." A couple of paragraphs later the Captain says "Me and the crew were last to leave the ship." Well no sir, there are AT LEAST 2 you left behind! I swear I'll never go on a crusie... not American, Italian or any other for that matter. Well maybe one... if Colin's ship offers a Tiger Cruise... I'll trust that ship's crew to protect me.

**edit - what is it with my typing, I almost ALWAYS spell THE wrong.  It isn't that difficult of a word! Sheesh, I hate that!**
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    14 Jan 2012 05:53 PM
    The fiance wanted to do a cruise wedding. I just looked at him like he was insane. Didn't you get enough of boats on that 210'? And I'm trying to get underway next year? Puh-lease. Get me on some dry land! I sent him that with an "I told you so." I got back "What about an Alaskan cruise?" Men.

I just can't get over no one, not one, of the ships crew called in a mayday (although granted, only a few probably would have been near a radio)
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Jan 2012 06:21 PM
    Yeah you get enough boats. Nice dry, solid land sounds like a good wedding. LOL

I didn't read the whole article on CNN and I hadn't heard one way or the other... really? No mayday call at all??? I can't imagine why not! That is just crazy!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    14 Jan 2012 11:57 PM
    Cruising is awesome...the first class treatment the superb fine dining, the evening shows, the star filled nights, endless activities, exotic places, the romance, the complete cell phone get away...excellent stuff, been on 4, planning 2 this year and looking into a European river cruise, and the Alaska cruise is scheduled for wedding anniversary 30 next year...when the kids are gone the parents will play.

I hear you loud and clear on the "the" Macie, I miss spell it 95% of the time on keyboard...teh for some reason, just the way the fingers flow I guess... :-)
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Jan 2012 09:00 AM
    Married to a Marine inspector for toooooo long... crews that don't care, don't speak English, will leave you in a heartbeat to save their own butts, including the Captain of the ship!! I will never set foot on a cruise, with the exception of the Staten Island Ferry... but that cruise is only about 30 minutes. And even that one has had accidents including casualties. No chance I will ever set foot on a cruise!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    15 Jan 2012 09:44 AM
    Haha, Capt my parents did an AK cruise for their 25th anniversary. They LOVED it. Went from Vancover to Anchorage (I think) then went to Fairbanks and Denali National Park (it was part of the package). They went to the Artic Circle and the plane broke down! A trip they had wanted to take for at least 10 years, and it was really an experience. It's gorgeous up here. Truly truly.  And if something happens, you bet your butt the CG will save you

So they found 2 more bodies in the ship for 5 dead. I guess not too bad out of 4,000+
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement