Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 22 2012
Last Post 20 May 2012 05:17 PM by retjaxff. 52 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
x a n d e r

--
15 Jan 2012 10:03 AM
    My recruiter has just informed me this past week that I have a basic Training date for may 22nd, 2012.  I have been in the process of applying for OCS-R and enlisting as well.  I am coming from St. Mary's County, Maryland.

"Semper Paratus!"

-Alexander
    “I came to believe that good and evil are names for what people do, not for what they are.” ― Philip Pullman
    x a n d e r

--
    04 Feb 2012 01:21 PM
    DEP on Feb 22nd. Still haven't heard of anyone for this date.
    “I came to believe that good and evil are names for what people do, not for what they are.” ― Philip Pullman
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 Feb 2012 05:25 PM
    YOu might be a COmpany of 1... think how trained you will be! I'm sure someone will be along with this date.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    fitzwilliam

--
    09 Feb 2012 05:22 PM
    I'm DEP'ing in Feb 21 and shipping out May 22nd too
    x a n d e r

--
    10 Feb 2012 02:51 PM
    Nice to hear from someone! Where are you shipping from?

fitzwilliam

--
    10 Feb 2012 07:51 PM
    I'm shipping from Brooklyn New York
    x a n d e r

--
    11 Feb 2012 06:45 AM
    Awesome. I'm from Southern Maryland. You have any particular rates your interested in?
    fitzwilliam

--
    11 Feb 2012 09:07 AM
    That's cool, yea I'm interested in the ME and the BM and the rescue swimmer, what about you?
    x a n d e r

--
    12 Feb 2012 11:03 AM
    Excellent choices I think BM is interesting. I am going to apply for IS.
    fitzwilliam

--
    13 Feb 2012 02:36 PM
    That's cool, you can add me on Facebook if you want. Matthew Fitzwilliam Derrick
    x a n d e r

--
    18 Feb 2012 10:43 AM
    I don't use Facebook. Do you twitter or tumblr?
    sgetsov

--
    23 Feb 2012 08:40 PM
    Hey whats going on guys im shipping on May 22 as well for L.A. im supposed to DEP in sometime in March.
    x a n d e r

--
    26 Feb 2012 04:07 PM
    I'm Alex. I'm DEPing this upcoming Thursday. how long have you been in the process of joining?
    sgetsov

--
    26 Feb 2012 04:55 PM
    Well let's see i started the whole thing maybe late November with my first call to the recruiter, and everything happened so quick. Scored 81 on the ASVAB had no health issues no tickets no criminal record and with the very appreciated help of my recruiter here i am ready do DEP sometime in March and flying to Basic on 22nd.
    x a n d e r

--
    27 Feb 2012 09:18 AM
    Excellent, thats great. I had been applying for OCS since August & I decided around November to enlist as well. Any reasons you decided? Any rates that your interested in?
    I have been thinking about the military for the while & the Coast Guard was the most appealing for many reasons.
    sgetsov

--
    27 Feb 2012 08:52 PM
    wow hah I have been thinking about joining the military for about 4 years now. and soo my dad was Navy, my Grandpa good old Army ,sooo i did a big research and decided it is going to be te USCG because of many reasons let's say participating in a mission of saving someones life or helping in the drug war, to keep the drugs from hitting the streets in the U.S. thats pretty rewarding. All of the coast guard missions looked like something i would love doing. Spoke with alot of people that are in already including my brother in Law P.O. 1st Class and man nobody said nothing bad about the USCG so that was it. Im currently working as a automotive technician making about twice the money im going to be making with the military but that doesn't really matter it's going to be fun, dynamic, rewarding future im headed for soo keep you motivation up.
    P.S. Im interested in AMT i know it's not going to be easy but hey if its easy its aint fun.
    Liaaaanderson

--
    27 Feb 2012 11:39 PM
    Just DEP-ed in today. I ship out May 22nd too
    "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
    Liaaaanderson

--
    28 Feb 2012 03:50 PM
    oh and by the way, we're Victor 186!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Feb 2012 07:46 PM
    You SHOULD be. There can be a split company in there. There might be a skipped shipping week in there somewhere and that will change things. Guesstimating that far ot can get tricky! But is all goes well, yes you should be Victor.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    x a n d e r

--
    29 Feb 2012 07:26 AM
    Posted By sgetsov on 27 Feb 2012 09:52 PM
    wow hah I have been thinking about joining the military for about 4 years now. and soo my dad was Navy, my Grandpa good old Army ,sooo i did a big research and decided it is going to be te USCG because of many reasons let's say participating in a mission of saving someones life or helping in the drug war, to keep the drugs from hitting the streets in the U.S. thats pretty rewarding. All of the coast guard missions looked like something i would love doing. Spoke with alot of people that are in already including my brother in Law P.O. 1st Class and man nobody said nothing bad about the USCG so that was it. Im currently working as a automotive technician making about twice the money im going to be making with the military but that doesn't really matter it's going to be fun, dynamic, rewarding future im headed for soo keep you motivation up.
    P.S. Im interested in AMT i know it's not going to be easy but hey if its easy its aint fun.

AMT sounds great!  Sounds like you have a family tradition and understanding of the Military Lifestyle.  My only relative is on my mother's side and he was a WWII  & D Day survivor.  My father is DOD & before him, although not military, my family has aided American troops. 
    x a n d e r

--
    29 Feb 2012 09:04 AM
    Posted By Liaaaanderson on 28 Feb 2012 12:39 AM
    Just DEP-ed in today. I ship out May 22nd too

Awesome I DEP next Thursday.  I'm Alex. Where you shipping from?
    Liaaaanderson

--
    29 Feb 2012 01:44 PM
    Im Kathleen (or Lia), shipping from Hawaii!! And ill correct myself sorry, we MIGHT be in Victor 186 together lol, but im sure ill see you all there.
    levi

--
    01 Mar 2012 09:41 AM
    My ship date is the 22nd of may as well.
    sgetsov

--
    01 Mar 2012 09:20 PM
    Hey everybody so it looks like the team is forming here huh? thats a good thing we get to know each other before we ship out so we got a better team work over there quicker, pretty much thats the tough part of the whole boot camp thing to be formed as a company. anybody started working out Yet. May is coming get in shape from now avoid the pain and suffering, i personally run about 5 miles a day and to about 150 push-up after 10 hour work day.
    lindser

--
    07 Mar 2012 02:14 PM
    Just got word from my recruiter I will be shipping to boot camp May 22nd too!
    x a n d e r

--
    09 Mar 2012 08:51 AM
    Posted By sgetsov on 01 Mar 2012 10:20 PM
    Hey everybody so it looks like the team is forming here huh? thats a good thing we get to know each other before we ship out so we got a better team work over there quicker, pretty much thats the tough part of the whole boot camp thing to be formed as a company. anybody started working out Yet. May is coming get in shape from now avoid the pain and suffering, i personally run about 5 miles a day and to about 150 push-up after 10 hour work day.
    Glad we are gaining more members every week.

Sgetsov; sounds like your on a good work out plan.  I believe running is usually the most harsh for people who have not had a regular workout regiment over the years.

I beleive a 5k (3.5 miles) is the furthest distance we will have to go; so sgetsov  going a bit past that will help with endurance.  Plus we will be tired from lack of sleep on top of our other duties.

Personally for me the swimming part is what I am concerned with because I do not regularly swim.  But I have been working on it.
    My recruiter assured me she is not a strong swimmer & it was not difficult for her.

Jump in then swim the perimeter of the pool in 5 min.  Then seperately get in and tread for 5 min.

Frizzball06

--
    21 Mar 2012 02:43 PM
    Shipping out May 22nd 2012 from the Baltimore Meps. Trying to work on the swimming as well need to get my butt over to the pool. The good thing about the swim is that its not timed. Still trying to finesse my "military style" push ups, but every week I am improving. Trying to do at least 3 sets of 10- 15 per workout.

Hey Alex, were you at Meps about a week ago? I distinctly remember meeting a Dep Coastie Applicant named Alex from St. Mary's Co MD. This is Caitlin.
    x a n d e r

--
    22 Mar 2012 07:16 AM
    What's up Caitlin? Yep it's me. Did they get ahold of you to sign the last thing?
    Frizzball06

--
    26 Mar 2012 10:13 AM
    Not too much. Haha, yeah. I was filling up my car at one of the gas stations near by and Chief was told me about the error and to go back.
    pilotdudeman1

--
    02 Apr 2012 08:06 AM
    I'm also shipping out may 22!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement