Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
New Coastie Girlfriend
Last Post 02 Jan 2014 04:25 PM by Gears. 53 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Manda&lt;3

--
19 Mar 2012 01:18 AM
Yea. Well even better news. He was home in January and today I found out I'm 9 weeks.
Basic Member
Basic Member
Browns24

--
19 Mar 2012 07:14 AM
CONGRATS!!!
Manda&lt;3

--
19 Mar 2012 09:30 AM
Haven't told my bf or anyone yet cuz I've been at work.
Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FloridaGirl

--
20 Mar 2012 05:52 PM
So the question is - who is going to get to share their news first? Sounds like this could be an exciting two weeks for you!
Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
Manda&lt;3

--
20 Mar 2012 11:40 PM
yes. im so happy we've been trying for awhile and i thought maybe i just couldn't have any
Marmsheimer

--
21 Mar 2012 09:26 AM
Congrats to you! I hope the two weeks go by fast for you! I'm patiently waiting for mine to come home. It feels like he's been underway forever. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I'm just used to him being home. It's empty without him. Luckily I've had a lot of support from my family and friends. I feel blessed to not only have the best man in my life but to have a good support system.
Manda&lt;3

--
21 Mar 2012 07:36 PM
Yes its hard being patient but I just kep telling myelf that I'll see him soon n we'll make it. He's ben in it for 6 years now n still not used to it. When we wed than I'll live with him so it'll b nice. It's good that you have the support it helps alot.
Manda&lt;3

--
22 Mar 2012 04:36 AM
So if it's a girl her name is guna b Makenzie Dawn and if it's a boy Ethan Ryan
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
22 Mar 2012 06:55 AM
Is that his plan, too? My son & his girl are nowhere close to having a child, she is just graduating college in May and they want to wait at least 5 years so she can start her career. But she already has names picked out and my son shot those down and has his favorites picked. She isn't crazy about those. Of course I'm sure their minds will change a hundred times between now & then.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
janelleyfish

--
22 Mar 2012 09:18 AM
Haha...this is a HUGE issue with my husband and I. He hates all the names I like, and I hate all the names he likes. We're not having a baby any time soon, so this isn't a problem now, but it will be some day!
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
22 Mar 2012 11:02 AM
I wanted Zachary... Zack & Mac from Kodiak. Jimmy shot that down. He wanted James B, IV. Absolutely not, I wanted my son to be his own man, not his father. I suggested Seamus, that is the Gaelic form of James. Nope. He wanted Guy (pronounced Gee hard G), think hockey play Guy LeFleur. NO! I was not naming my son Gee. Girl was easy we agreed on just about every name. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, I didn't want to know. I wanted the surprise! We both sort of liked Geoff. But then one day we said COLIN! That was it. Colin if it was a boy bump, Elise Caroline or Rachel Elizabeth if it was a girl bump. It was a boy... Colin it is!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
janelleyfish

--
22 Mar 2012 01:33 PM
Zack and Mac from Kodiak - cute!

My husband insists that if we have a son, he will be named Eli Manning.  First name Eli, middle name Manning.  I don't think so!
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
22 Mar 2012 01:39 PM
Oh well I'm with hubby on that one!! Eli Manning is a fine name!!! I'm a die hard Giants girl so what do you expect!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
janelleyfish

--
22 Mar 2012 02:02 PM
haha...I could maybe get on board with the name Eli, but not in combination with Manning!
Manda&lt;3

--
22 Mar 2012 03:43 PM
He actuallypicked the boy name n i picked the girl name and he loves them so it was easy for us. We planned having kids n its a blessing tht i am pregnant cuz last year i was told i wasnt able to hav kids so wrong lol alhough he did at first wanted his son named after him cuz he was but i said no not into tht
brittany_lundgren

--
22 Mar 2012 09:20 PM
Me and my husband just had a baby a while back, he is now 4 months! He is the best baby EVER! We named him Daniel Oryan Browning. He is a little sweetheart! Babies are such a blessing. <3
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
22 Mar 2012 09:44 PM
Congratulations. My baby is 23 years old and a Coastie... enjoy every minute with Daniel, it goes sooooo quickly.
Sector NY, Staten Island
meka

--
21 Oct 2013 02:02 PM
Is anyone on here I need some advice ladies!
Basic Member
Basic Member
KD

--
21 Oct 2013 07:11 PM
What's up , Meka?
meka

--
23 Oct 2013 11:28 PM
My boyfriend going to this branch in the new year I'm so nerves can anyone help me or tell me how you guys got threw it we been together for almost two years plus 8 years of friendship.
Charlie0407

--
24 Oct 2013 09:16 PM
Meka,
It will be just fine! My coastie and I have been inseperable ever since we started dating. Once he left for boot camp, I didn't even know what to do with myself. I'm sure you've heard the saying, "the days are long, but the weeks go by fast." It's definitely true! My coastie left at the beginning of September, and now we are down to the last 8 days! My advice for you is to spend as much time together as you can now. Have a list of things you want to do with him before he leaves. As nervous as you are for him to leave, imagine how he must feel. Once he leaves, write as much as you can. Don't feel discouraged if he doesn't respond often. Writing letters isn't a major priority to them. Stay busy when he's gone and you will be just fine. I'm here if you have any other concerns!
OneDayAtATime

--
27 Oct 2013 08:31 PM
Hey ladies-

I'm in the same boat missing my Coastie. He is in Zulu 188 and, if all goes well, graduates November 26. I've been counting down the days and sometimes it feel soooo long Some days are easier than others. But it's hard to believe that he is already beginning week 4 tomorrow.

The best advice I have for someone starting out the bootcamp separation is write everyday! I had a couple people tell me that and it has helped a ton! Sometimes I think it helps me more than it helps him. I tell him about my day, things I'm thinking about, jokes, etc. I try to make the letters upbeat but it's helpful to still feel "connected" even if you're the one sending most of the letters. In his last letter to me, he wrote that he really enjoys getting my letters even though he doesn't have much time to write back. He gets them before bed. So- write lots of letters! I write mine at night and think "One more day down" as I write the date on the letter.

Also, I learned that recruits have no time to write! They have some time to themselves on Sundays, but often have to do other things like uniform maintenance or shine their boots. If they are found letter writing when they shouldn't be, they can get revision (held back a couple weeks). I'm just telling you that so you know that it's not your recruit not wanting to write, it's that they miss you like crazy and it kills them not to write more! If you keep that in mind, it helps. Plus, think of all the people that never get to experience the reunions that we will all get to experience when we see them for the first time after being separated for bootcamp! I don't know about you ladies, but I'm hugging my Coastie super tight and giving him a big smooch when I see him

Hope this helps. I understand it does suck. I miss mine terribly right now. Let's use this time to support each other when we are weak.

-Cora
finallyfoundmatchcg

--
02 Jan 2014 04:15 PM
I wonder the same thing. I just recently dated a coastie and he has to go to VA for military school next month and even though the timing is sucky. I really want this to work out. I talked to him about it and he is as fully committed to this as I am. We both are honest and loyal. I have family in VA and plan to visit him via airplanes and such. Will he be at that school forever and be stationed there for a long time.
Trusted Member
Gears

--
02 Jan 2014 04:25 PM
It depends on what school he's going to. If he's going to A School he'll be there or a few months and transfer to a new unit. If he's going to C school he'll be there for a few weeks and return to his unit. You should discuss it with him. If you need clarification on what he tells you we can try to help.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement