Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
The Monkey Challenge
Last Post 02 Apr 2012 07:44 AM by MasterGuns2077. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
big_dumb_monkey

--
19 Jan 2012 04:33 PM
    There are so many people on this forum.  Some of them are new guys training to get in and some are older, wiser, men of the sea.

Here is the challenge for young and for old and yes this is a one up challenge.  

Saturday I retest my PFT to see where I am.  So far I am up to 51 s/us in 1 minute and 41 p/us in the same with a 9.11 mile and a half.

I challenge anyone to meet me at my current totals and post them here.  

If you exceed my totals the next poster must beat your post by at least 5 for the s/u-p/u and 10 sec for the mile and a half and so on.  So if, Gears, lets say, posts that he can go 60 s/us and p/us in a minute and run of 9 flat.  Then the next poster will have to go to 65 s/u and p/u and complete the run in 8.5, make sense.

This is an honor system, cause we believe in honor around here right?

Train hard and train smart.  

The Monkey says drop and exercise cause we love PT.

BTW the Monkey is turning 36 this month.  

Molon Labe!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    20 Jan 2012 10:40 AM
    I got you on push ups.  58 in one minute. Perfect form, honor system.  That was right after a 3 mile run so the blood was flowing pretty well.
    Barely missed you on situps.  47.
    As for my run...let's just say it passes Boot Camp standards.  Sine I'm shipping in 18 days, I think I can live with that for the time being  

Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    20 Jan 2012 11:47 AM
    No comment here... :-)

Cool challenge monkey.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    big_dumb_monkey

--
    20 Jan 2012 12:22 PM
    So I have to beat a p/u of 58. So I need 63. I'll push hard tomorrow.

I am a little upset at myself today though. I did a 5x5 workout with 36lb kettlebells then did 15/21/15/15/21 p/us. I got to 18 on the last set of p/us and fell over. I do my p/us on a 24" box. I PFT with normal p/us. So I need to complete 10 more p/us today to punish myself for missing the mark and those have to be TRX wall type p/us.

Ready, exercise... One-Two-Three-Four-I-Love-The-Coast-Guard!

I just received my gymboss!!!  Tabatas here I come.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    big_dumb_monkey

--
    22 Jan 2012 05:02 PM
    I did not get to try the PFT on Saturday. I spent the workout doing ladders and and 5 minute rounds with 10 sec of rest with a heavy bag.

Then I did some weights.

Monday starts a new week and a training regimen.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    big_dumb_monkey

--
    24 Jan 2012 11:04 AM
    I did the p/u portion of the PFT last night along with my other workout. However, I only managed 40. No excuses, but I was at MEPS at 0600, barely slept and had to board a train at 0330 to get there on time and I did not get home until 1500.

I did finish the w/o and was completely spent. I went home and crashed.

Tomorrow will be better.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    big_dumb_monkey

--
    03 Feb 2012 10:46 AM
    I retested today. Sorry for the lag.

S/U= 55.5 almost got the 56th but the timer ran out.
    P/U= 42
    I have not retimed the run, but I consistently run between 9 and 930 for 1.5 miles.

Deadlift 205lbs x 10 x2
    Romanian DL 135lbs x 10 x3
    Barbell Squat 125lbs x10 x3
    Isolated calf raise 80lbs x10 x3

Pullups = 8 could squeeze 10, but 8 is comfortable. x3

Max two handed Kettlebell swing 55 pounds x 60 seconds for 3 rounds.
    Max KB clean and press = 35 lbs for same time

Boxing = 100lb heavy bag for 5, 5 minute rounds with 15 sec rest between rounds

BTW - 6'0" 152 pound male about 10% body fat.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    03 Feb 2012 12:12 PM
    Posted By big_dumb_monkey on 03 Feb 2012 11:46 AM
    I retested today. Sorry for the lag.

S/U= 55.5 almost got the 56th but the timer ran out.
    Now that is the honor system...I believe most people would have counted that .5 as a full sit-up so close to the buzzer.

Excellent job Monkey!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    big_dumb_monkey

--
    03 Feb 2012 04:56 PM
    If the .5 was meant to be then it would have been. If someone wants to count it they can.

P/Us with elevated feet have done nothing to increase the amount of P/Us I can do. I am going to a Theraband to increase resistance. We will see where that gets me. My goal is 60 P/U and S/U.

10x100s tomorrow. Run 'til you puke. Then run some more.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    big_dumb_monkey

--
    06 Feb 2012 09:40 AM
    Instead of 10x100s I went and did 4 station tabatas, Heavy bag work, and situps.

This morning I pulled a 275lb deadlift. Working this to 300lbs, which is twice my body weight. BTW, deadlifts are done in sets of 1 or 5. A set of 1 for your max or 5 for lighter weight.

Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    10 Feb 2012 12:02 AM
    We had monthly PT tests in a-school. I was averaging around 40 p/us and 42 s/ups in 1 minute. I can't run like I used to, but I guess I should time myself again to see where I stand. I do around 100-200 pushups a day just for kicks. It's helped me make some great gains in my lifting at the gym. 
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    02 Apr 2012 07:44 AM
    Updated numbers from the Basic Training PF challenge: 70 pushups, 59 situps in one minute.
    According to my Lead CC, we were "Pushing like a football team." We got IT'd a lot...
    Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement