Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Goodbye Birth Control Glasses
Last Post 07 Feb 2012 11:53 AM by MancUnited1. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
CablesMom

--
20 Jan 2012 07:47 PM
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012...l-glasses/

Looks like the military is doing away with the traditional BC glasses and replaced them with a more updated version, though still ugly if you ask me.
    Proud Coastie Mom
    Jbalascsak

--
    20 Jan 2012 08:22 PM
    I hope I get the updated versions come May. Perfect timing for me I guess! there a lot more modern than the orginal BCG's

Myspace Stuff "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Jan 2012 09:39 PM
    How in the world did you find that story? Search BCG's?? LOL They aren't bad but I still think they will be successful as birth control.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CablesMom

--
    21 Jan 2012 12:53 AM
    Old Guard,
    Actually, the story made the front page of the online version of San Diego's Union Tribune (San Diego's newspaper). We are a military city, so I guess it was important I'm so glad my son did not need glasses at boot camp!! The new style isn't much better than the old!
    Proud Coastie Mom
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    21 Jan 2012 12:55 PM
    I saw a lot of people keep their BC glasses, especially for range shooting since they double as safety glasses.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    danielumoore86

--
    21 Jan 2012 04:03 PM
    Ah shucks...I was hoping to score me a pair of the infamous BCG's when I get to boot camp in April! I guess I don't really mind this newer version, they are fairly similar to the ones I'm currently wearing ;P
    CGC Rush - Honolulu, HI
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Jan 2012 10:59 PM
    I was really worried about you, Cable. I know I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to military news but looking for glasses articles... LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CablesMom

--
    22 Jan 2012 06:45 PM
    Seriously is just appeared in front of me! I never LOOKED for it, really. Please, you've got to believe me.
    Proud Coastie Mom
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 Jan 2012 09:11 AM
    OK, this time. But if you come up with any other bizarre information, I'm going to start to worry!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    meinschloss

--
    07 Feb 2012 12:39 AM
    Ugh we have a third at my unit who still wears the old ones like they're going out of style. To be perfectly honest, though, the new ones aren't half bad--especially when you compare to what they used to be
    MancUnited1

--
    07 Feb 2012 11:53 AM
    Posted By meinschloss on 07 Feb 2012 12:39 AM
    Ugh we have a third at my unit who still wears the old ones like they're going out of style. To be perfectly honest, though, the new ones aren't half bad--especially when you compare to what they used to be

The new ones are much MUCH better in my opinion. I only wish they would be around for my March ship date .
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement