Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DHE ( Discharge Hold Element)
Last Post 18 May 2014 02:05 PM by Battuta Clark. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
chikibey

--
28 Jan 2012 07:13 PM
    Hi, I just wanted to know if there are any restrictions regarding what can be mailed if someone is in DHE. If anyone knew it would be great! Thanks
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Jan 2012 08:35 PM
    What do you want to mail? Are we talking just a letter, no there is no restriction. Are we talking a playboy magazine to pass the dull time... that will absolutely not fly. So yes, there are some restrictions but with your question being so vague, it is hard to give an answer on what might or might not be allowable. If yo udon't want to post specifics, that is fine. Just use good judgment and it should be fine,
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    chikibey

--
    28 Jan 2012 11:21 PM
    Oh goodness no! Nothing like that.... :s I was just thinking to add a couple of crossword puzzles with the letter if that wasn't any trouble until they were ready to discharge him. I'd figure that might help a bit.
    hdunstan

--
    15 Mar 2012 02:38 PM
    OK I am not new to the Coast Guard (my dh has been in10yrs) and I know they operate on thier own time. But I'm getting fustrated. My little sister is currently in boot camp and is being medically discharged for sleepwalking and got to call to tell us she is coming home, then we get a call that they are trying for a waiver which is great. Finally get a hold of her recruiter to find out what is going on and are told they didn't approve the waiver and we will get a call when she is on the bus to tell us when to pick her up at the airport. This doesn't sound right to me at all. Do they really call you the day of to tell you when they are getting to come home?
    GuardianSpouse

--
    20 Mar 2012 12:23 PM
    She should call when all of her travel arrangements have been made. They are generally discharged on a Friday since that is when the bus goes from TRACEN to Philly. I am so sorry that it didn't work out for her and i know it is emotionally draining waiting for any bit of news. Hang in there : )
    jadded2

--
    15 May 2014 03:59 PM
    Hi all, Just wanted to find out if anyone knows if you can retract quitting status while still in DHE.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 May 2014 05:00 PM
    Something tells me no. What's to say the person won't change their mind again.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    judoka64

--
    16 May 2014 03:44 PM
    When I was in DHE there was a girl who quit and when we went to the galley the next mourning her CC tried to get her to change her mind. I think it's possible.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    16 May 2014 05:20 PM
    The CG doesn't need quitters... you signed the dotted line. There are thousands of people banging on the door to get in, and bootcamp is too hard?? REALLY? so pathetic.
    Battuta Clark

--
    18 May 2014 02:05 PM
    DHE is a long and slow process and all throughout this process the TRACEN staff will try to understand why you are quitting, give you helpful advice, and most of the time provide you with a fair oppertunity to reconsider (depending on circumstances) . As a DHE you are still in technically in the Coast Guard and subject to the UCMJ. Though Dandy is right in that the Coast Guard doesn't need (or want) quitters, most recruits are given a fair oppertunity to reconsider.
    “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” ― C.G. Jung "In Varietate Concordia. United in Diversity. "
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement