Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Golf 186
Last Post 23 Mar 2012 10:18 AM by GuardianSpouse. 24 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BlessedCGMom

--
31 Jan 2012 03:31 PM
    Welcome to the newest recruits and their families!!1

seagee

--
    01 Feb 2012 08:53 PM
    Thanks for the welcome. My son left yesterday. Do you know when we first hear from them?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Feb 2012 06:14 AM
    By letter, you should get a form letter sometime during week 3. By phone, not until the end of week 5.

Welcome aboard! As soon as I have the company information I will post the Hall in the FAQ section and you can start writing whenever you like. Letters will be few and slow in return to you. But they love hearing their names called at mail call, so don't let that slow your writing down! If you have any questions, let us know. We are here to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Rleemiller

--
    04 Feb 2012 11:24 PM
    My daughter left Jan 31st for Cape May.. I am so proud of her but miss her horribly.. This is an awesome forum,. I was so relieved when I found it.. It's like the only connection we have to our children.. Please keep us posted with any information ..
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 Feb 2012 11:32 PM
    Welcome aboard. Any questions or anything, feel free to post. If we can help, we will certainly do our best.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Rleemiller

--
    06 Feb 2012 09:19 AM
    Good Morning Old Guard2,
    I have read under the other companies that there are sites that may have pictures or videos of the recruits posted.
    What are these sites...?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Feb 2012 09:22 AM
    There are a lot of things on Facebook. I'm sorry, I'm not on the company pages on Facebook. It is myunderstanding you can search USCG G-186 and that should find the page. You will have to request to join from an administartor with your recruits name. It is for family of each company only. I know one of the hotels in Cape May posts their off base runs on facebook and You Tube.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Mirta Ransom (Garcia)

--
    07 Feb 2012 07:45 PM
    I am the proud Grandmother of Blake A Garcia.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Feb 2012 07:46 PM
    Welcome aboard. If you ahve any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are happy to help!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    dtushingham

--
    08 Feb 2012 04:00 AM
    There should be a Golf 186 page on FB...just search for it and ask one of the admins for entrance. You will be glad you did!
    Rleemiller

--
    08 Feb 2012 10:01 AM
    Good Morning..Is there a problem with mailing cards to my daughter at Cape May..? And will they allow you to send pictures of family members.?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Feb 2012 10:27 AM
    No, you can send cards. Just make sure it isn't anything musical. That will get unwanted attention for sure! Pictures are also fine, just don't overload with them and send the 3x5 or 4x6 size. Remember, anything she has, she has to keep stowed precisely correct or face wrath for it. One mom said she would print out photos on paper and write her letters around the printed photos. 2 birds, 1 stone.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Rleemiller

--
    08 Feb 2012 11:03 AM
    Yes that's a good idea...I just wanted to make sure...DO NOT want to be the cause of any stress..!! Thank You..

Here is another question..When we are booking flights to attend graduation, should I book and pay for her flight back home or does someone within the Coast Guard handle this..?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    10 Feb 2012 09:52 AM
    Rleemiller, hope you found Golf 186's FB page! This forum is still the best, I think, for unvarnished information. Lots of experience and active duty on board. There are also other pages with lots of good info/support/company on FB. If you search uscg, US Coast Guard, etc you will find lots to choose from---everything from moving info (Coasties on the Move) to girlfriends and spouses (Coastie Chicks) to Parents, Family and Friends, and a closed page for mothers of CG members (USCG Moms). If the pages are closed groups, be sure to send a msg with a little info about your recruit to an admin requesting addition to the group.
    Also look up the Blue Fish Inn online, and on FB. When they can, they videotape the off-base runs later during boot camp and post them online!
    Glad you are here.
    JohnR.

--
    23 Feb 2012 05:07 AM
    Thanks "Old Guard2" for the info you provide. My wife and I are over 800 miles from Cape May. Any and all infomation we get is very much appreciated. Looking forward to March 23, 2012 ....... graduation day. We plan to be there.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 Feb 2012 05:39 AM
    Always a pleasure to help! Have a wonderful time when your day comes! It is amazing. Bring tissues.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Courtneys Nanny

--
    26 Feb 2012 04:10 PM
    Yes, go to FB type in USCG Golf 186 Grad 03/23/12 in the search bar, choose an Admin and ask to join. I am waiting for my conformation.
    Courtneys Nanny

--
    26 Feb 2012 05:26 PM
    This is the link for Golf 186 on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/244307705639573/
    PlatoonDaddy

--
    06 Mar 2012 08:27 PM
    Hello, Can anyone tell me the color of Golf 186's Guidon (Flag?)
    PlatoonDaddy

--
    06 Mar 2012 08:47 PM
    I figured out that Hotel 186's flag is Red and White.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Mar 2012 08:56 PM
    Search on google "Golf signal flag" I can't get the pic to copy.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    PlatoonDaddy

--
    06 Mar 2012 09:49 PM
    Old Guard 2. Thank you, your tip was very helpful. With your help and other info on this forum, I was able to isolate my son's Company's running video and spot him. My wife and I were very excited to see him. Thanks again.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Mar 2012 05:40 AM
    I'm sorry Iwasn't able to post the pic but I'm having challenges with a badly sprained finger! haha But I'm serious my hand is all wrapped up like a mummy. I'm typing with my left hand & right thumb. LOL Gladyou were able to fund your company.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    GuardianSpouse

--
    18 Mar 2012 10:39 AM
    I often take pictures of the companies and have created a page for golf family and friends to view the pictures. Here is the link. http://golf186.shutterfly.com/ ~Tiffany
    GuardianSpouse

--
    23 Mar 2012 10:18 AM
    What a great turnout for graduation today. Congratulations to all of you.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement