Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Moderator Introduction
Last Post 02 Feb 2012 09:38 AM by Old Guard2. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Topic is locked
Author Messages
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
02 Feb 2012 09:38 AM
    First let me introduce myself, I am Old Guard2, a.k.a. Macie.  I am a moderator on the forum and I try to be around as much as I possibly can.

I was the wife of a Coastie and I am the mom of a Coastie. In some way or another I have been around the Coast Guard my entire adult life. I have picked up a lot of knowledge both through experience and here on our forum. If you have a question, I probably have a story to relate to it. I know the anxieties of a young wife/fiance getting ready to send off her love. I know the emotions of a mom getting ready to send off an even greater love.

I don't have the answer to everything but I try my best. If you ask something and I don't know, I will do my best to find someone that will have correct information for you. The question you have might seem private, please feel free to PM me at anytime. When an answer is unknown to me I will reach out to a network of fine people we have on this forum but I will not betray a confidence by telling anyone your name. I will only search for answers for you. Otherwise someone is always around here waiting to help.

Thank you for joining our family on the forum. Please ask questions, help with answers, share stories, relate emotions. We have all been at some level of this journey and we can all help one another in some way. Welcome Aboard to all.

Our other moderator is Gears and without further ado, here is his introduction.

Thanks for joining the USCG.org Forum and for your interest in the U.S. Coast Guard.

The board Moderators are OldGuard2 and myself. We are here to help as much as possible. We also have an excellent team of Active Duty Coast Guardsmen and Civilian volunteers who offer their support. Notably Captkyguy, E, Southern118, Cooch, JBraz, Sardaddy, FloridaGirl and Bells are active and valued members. In short, if they post it, you've got good info.

I am a current Coast Guard Recruiter with more than 13 years of service. I am a Machinery Technician raised by some of the best Engineers the CG has to offer. My career has sent me both afloat and ashore with a smidgen of flying to keep things interesting.

I may be a Recruiter, but I'm not omnipotent. I cannot tell you the odds of getting into the CG, of getting a medical DQ, of getting a waiver approved, or of successfully navigating an asteroid field. I can offer advice, clarify information, answer questions, and in some cases provide the medical standards, which are publicly available via your favorite search engine.

I cannot tell you how long it takes to join or why your recruiter isn't calling you back. Each Recruiting Office is as unique as the Recruiters who work in them. Recruiting is a process. The process takes time, so be patient. I can bore you with the logistics, or you can take my word for it. Many people are working diligently nonstop to ensure everyone has the opportunity to apply for the USCG, process, and make a smooth transition to Training Center Cape May. Keep in mind your recruiter is one person and you represent Legion.

Feel free to ask me anything, but refer to Paragraph 4, Sentence 1.

I can tell you things change quickly in the CG, and things are constantly changing. If you're applying be patient. Be patient. Be patient. A typical recruiting office covers multiple states, and will work hundreds of applications in a Fiscal Year. Jobs available are VERY limited, so prepare to wait, and have a Plan B.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Topic is locked

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement