Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Nail Polish
Last Post 19 Oct 2018 02:49 PM by CPORJM. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
costiegirl1243

--
05 Feb 2012 08:02 PM
    I know that uniform regulations in the Coast Guard allow you to have neutral colored nail polish. I was wondering if this was also acceptable in boot camp?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Feb 2012 05:20 AM
    I don't actually know the reg but my guess would be no. Simply becasue in 8 weeks you are going to have grow out and probably an insane amount of chipping. Which will make them look horrible! I am sure one of our girls will be along with a correct answer. But that would be my guess... Ladies?
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    06 Feb 2012 06:38 PM
    They make you remove polish from your fingers and toes for bootcamp. Afterwards...well, I always have a bright color on my toes
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    meinschloss

--
    06 Feb 2012 11:24 PM
    Posted By FloridaGirl on 06 Feb 2012 07:38 PM
    They make you remove polish from your fingers and toes for bootcamp. Afterwards...well, I always have a bright color on my toes

Same here. My recruiter and the personnel at MEPS advised the females to remove all nail polish--if we showed up for things like the duck walk with nail polish still on we were yelled at. I also get all kinds of French and colorful be-flowered pedis now while keeping clear polish on my finger nails.
    Hook777

--
    08 Feb 2012 06:14 PM
    What if your toes are black or navy blue?
    Technically its within color regulation
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Feb 2012 06:55 PM
    Do you mean during boot camp? The regulation appears to be NONE.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Oil And Coffee

--
    20 Feb 2012 10:44 AM
    Do NOT try to wear nail polish in boot camp. You won't have time and if one of the CCs notices you have painted toes, they will give you hell. Honestly, most women don't even shave during boot camp. There is no time: you have less than fifteen minutes to get all the females showered and dressed with roughly six shower heads. I also recommend cutting your hair short. If you have long hair, learn to do a very neat bun very quickly and bring lots of gel. If your hair isn't neat and flat like a football helmet, they will empty a bottle of gel over your head and you will wear it that way for the rest of the day, while you exercise.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    20 Feb 2012 04:26 PM
    I'd almost argue to grow it out, because the girls that had short hair had to wear as much gel as the rest of us, but with less hair. And the longer your hair, the easier a bun is. Shoulder length hair is a pain in the butt in bootcamp. It doesn't want to stay put without a lot of pins and stuff. But to each their own way.
    christinec

--
    22 Feb 2012 11:26 PM
    lol! good to know to bring gel! ya i was told not to cut my hair.its past my shoulder--its bushy and thick.so a bun will be easy to do...will you be able to buy products? and no shaving? seriously mannnnnn..i will look like tarzan. hopefully meps goes smoothly. my recruiter is trying for the summmer time for bc--- man that will be a crazy tan
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    22 Feb 2012 11:50 PM
    No, do not bring gel. You will buy it your first weekend in Cape May. You cannot bring it with you on the airplane. Well, you can bring up to 3 oz but that won't last a day, so don't bother.

I promise, you will not look like Tarzan. If fact, no one will know because you will be in pants the whole time. And no one would want to look at your legs anyway. Or anyone else's ANYTHING. Hard to believe now, but seriously. You will understand after your first week.
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    26 Feb 2012 04:03 PM
    Us females found time to shave later on near weeks 5-8. You may be able to find time to shave even sooner than that. Also, you can shave in the sink during "Divine Hours" on Sundays from 0800-1300. So shaving is not impossible.

I saw a few women that were permanent party at Cape May wearing french manicures and nude/skin toned pinks on their nails. But as far as recruits, NO polish is allowed. Unless it is clear, because they will not know. You do NOT want to arrive with crazy nail polish colors on because in Sexton Hall the first night you have hardly any time to shower and get ready for bed and they will make you use your shower time to remove that nail polish and I saw recruits with red toe nails spending 5 minutes trying to scrub it off.

Do not cut your hair short. The short hair girls got jacked up more for their insane hair than the long haired girls did. The longer your hair the easier it is to gel it down and secure it in a bun. Unless your hair is to your butt and thick as hell, then cut it to a reasonable length where you can actually maintain it because remember there is a certain amount the bun is allowed to stick out when it comes to the regulations.

I brought a travel size bottle of gel with me on the plane and I know Florida Girl advised against it but I would advise you do bring some. It saved me from getting jacked up too terribly during the first few days at Sexton Hall. It lasted me about 4 days so if you bring at least one you will be safe.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    27 Feb 2012 07:45 PM
    We didn't get jacked for that our first week. But you know how each CC is different. I also have a LOT of hair and 3 oz wouldnt have made a difference over a week!
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    19 Oct 2018 02:49 PM
    You do know the most recent post in this thread is 6 1/2 years old.  It's probably safe to say the OP found their answer
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement