Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
The Monkey WOD
Last Post 20 Feb 2012 03:30 PM by big_dumb_monkey. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
big_dumb_monkey

--
09 Feb 2012 04:24 PM
    The Workout Of the Day (WOD) is as follows:

S/U 10lb med ball wall toss

Hurdle ladder left to right sprawl at both sides - eg... three hurdles arraigned - O  O  O - Starting at the right side move left.  Left, right, left etc.. When you reach the end drop to a sprawl.  A sprawl is dropping to an extended P/U position driving your hips toward the ground, spring to your feet and repeat to the right.

Skater Hop minimum 24" between targets - Same setup as above.  Make sure the targets are at least 24" apart.

Spider/Wiper P/Us - Assume the position, elbows close into the ribs and arms at a 90 deg. angle, chest almost at the deck.  Rotate shoulder to the left and bring the left knee to the left elbow (like climbing a wall), plyometric P/U to the right replace foot and repeat.

Kettle bell two handed swing - 30 - 50 pounds

One legged goblet squat - right - 30 - 50 pound Kettle bell

Russian Twist S/U 10 - 20lb medicine ball

One legged goblet squat - left - 30 - 50 pound kettle bell

Stair Hops - 2 up 1 down

Medicine ball wall toss 20lb - Squat, explode up pushing the ball toward the ceiling, catch and squat.  Repeat

If you have a Gymboss timer - 60 secs of work 15 seconds of rest.  Complete the entire set rest 2 minutes.  Repeat x3

If you do not have a Gymboss timer each is done x10 as fast as you can while keeping GOOD form, except stairs.  Complete the flight of stairs faster each time. x3

Enjoy.

BTW this is Saturday's WOD for me.  I am also adding Heavy bag, running, and spinning to the mix.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    big_dumb_monkey

--
    20 Feb 2012 03:30 PM
    Simplified WOD.

I discovered a guy who claims to have this spec ops training thing on the internet. Who doesn't have a spec ops training cd on the internet? Anyway, what I took from the sample vid was a really easy 20 minute routine formula.

Pick 4 exercises, body weight, weighted or both. Complete 3 or 4 or 6 reps of all four exercises in 1 minute. Repeat for 20 minutes.
    Example.
    Situps
    Pushups
    pullups
    box jumps.

Beginners would perform 3 of each in one minute. If there is time remaining you get to rest.
    Intermediates would perform 4 of each in one minute. If there is time remaining you get to rest.
    Advanced would perform 6 of each in one minute. If there is time remaining you get to rest.
    Repeat the above for 20 minutes with no rest except for the time remaining after performing the set.

I did this same one on Saturday and really enjoyed it. My pullup station had hulk grips and pullup grips. I switched midway through.

To do this accurately you will need a partner or timer of some sort. I use a Gymboss it works well and is no bigger than a pager. For those of you too young to know what a pager is. It is no bigger than a standard pack of gum or TicTacs.

I really enjoy the versatility of this workout style. It means that if I want to rest I have to push hard to get there.

I plan to modify this for 60 or 70 pound cleans, 30" box jumps, flutter kicks, and swiss ball pikes.

Keep training hard.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement