Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hotel 186!
Last Post 01 Apr 2012 08:07 AM by meganred. 124 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 512345 > >>
Author Messages
Bverian

--
09 Feb 2012 08:18 PM
    2 days down 50 left!!! Is anybody feeling as lonely as me?! Is there any pictures online of our recruits arriving!!! Hope all is well xo
    meganred

--
    09 Feb 2012 10:05 PM
    These have been the longest two days ever! I have been searching for photos and any other information to ease my anxieties. Nothing yet. Hope you are well.
    Bverian

--
    09 Feb 2012 11:58 PM
    Same here!!! Your boy left tuesday too??? Ughhh why can't it be march already!! haha I'm so nervous! they meet their CC's today(friday) ... time for hell!!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Feb 2012 07:24 AM
    Just keep in mind... the days will drag by, that is true. But the weeks will fly past! Before you know it that time will be gone and you'll be thinking "That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!" Honest!! If you have any questions, let us know.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    meganred

--
    10 Feb 2012 12:53 PM
    Yep, he left Tuesday. Ive gotten used to not seeing him since we were already in a long distance relationship, but not being able to talk is starting to suck. Writing is helping though!

I totally agree. This week has flown by even though it's only been a few days. Nighttime is what is dragging. :/ I really appreciate your advice Old Guard

I'm really happy this forum exists!
    Bverian

--
    10 Feb 2012 03:11 PM
    I know!! I only live about an hour and a half from cape may I can't wait to go have lunch an hope they run by!! Haha but week 1 almost down!! Can't wait to receive my first letter or to read their first journal! I can't wait. And old guard I really appreciate your input on everything it makes me feel more at ease!

Megan, where are you from? Are you attending his graduation?
    meganred

--
    10 Feb 2012 03:42 PM
    Aww I'm jealous! I hope you get to see him! That's be awesome From what I've read it cam be a few weeks before they'll have time to write.

I live in Memphis, Tn. And I'll be at graduation! Where are you from?
    Bverian

--
    10 Feb 2012 06:37 PM
    I'm from tons river ! Sad to say but if youve ever watched the jersey shore... That's where I live haha so embarrassing!! And yeah I know I just wanna fall asleep and wake up march 25th haha
    meganred

--
    11 Feb 2012 10:46 AM
    I've seen an episode or two hahaha

Me too! Just have to keep ourselves busy! If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Feel free to message me.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Feb 2012 09:11 PM
    Have you started writing letters? That happens to pass time nicely. Even if letters coming back to you are slim, keep writing. It will mean the world to your recruit and it will give you that feeling of connection sharing your day to day stuff.

My ex-mother-in-law lives in Forked River. I'm originally from Piscataway, NJ. I lived in Jersey when my then-fiance was in boot camp. It was so nice that I was close for off base liberty (back then they were given 24 hours) and for graduation.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    meganred

--
    12 Feb 2012 11:16 AM
    Yes'm. I write at least one letter a day. Some days I've written two. It does help a lot. Every time I think about something i want to tell him, I write it down. I just got some film in for my instant polaroid-like camera. The photos are wallet-sized, so it works out perfectly!! I just can't wait to hear from him, but I know it could be a little while. :/
    Bverian

--
    12 Feb 2012 03:24 PM
    Forked Rivers just minutes away from me old guard! what a small world lol! But yes i've been writing letters, two a day!! It feels like a lifetime til i will hear back though, I can't wait for the journals to be posted. Do they have to be awarded the journals or is it automaticly given to them week 3?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Feb 2012 04:54 PM
    They write them. There is a recruit that is the historian. He/she will write the journal you read. It is put out in week 3. So it isn't really an earned thing, it is a collateral duty for a recruit in the company.

When my Coastie and I were still dating, we spent every Tuesday & Thursday night at Seaside Heights. Playing skeeball, riding the rids on the pier, eating cheese fries... that was 1984. LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    john72863

--
    12 Feb 2012 04:54 PM
    Hi Folks just trying to find outwhats happening with hotel 186 my son also is part of that company im not sure if im on a wrong web site but it looks llike we are all on the same page
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Feb 2012 04:57 PM
    Welcome aboard John. You found the right place. Any questions, please let us know. We will be happy to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Bverian

--
    12 Feb 2012 05:39 PM
    Ohhhh! I can't wait to read them! Thank you old guard!!!
    Jonsdad

--
    12 Feb 2012 07:00 PM
    Recognize that hansom guy in the photo? Hi folks, that's my oldest son and a member of Hotel 186. Never missed him more nor have I ever been prouder. I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I think he is going to blow our minds.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Feb 2012 07:06 PM
    Welcome aboard. You have no idea how much. My son was a pretty great kid before boot camp... the man he became in boot and has become these last few years... I never thought I would feel the pride I feel for my son. He truly is amazing to me! You will be in awe!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    meganred

--
    12 Feb 2012 07:17 PM
    I agree with Jonsdad! And that picture makes me really happy. I miss him so much!

Glad to see you on here.
    john72863

--
    13 Feb 2012 06:40 AM
    Thanks for the welcome Old Guard. I never thought so many could be feeling the same, it's great to see parent,s supporting there kids. Ii was a little shocked during the swear in, and notice not many parents where there it was sad.
    john72863

--
    13 Feb 2012 06:46 AM
    Old Guard, now i do have one question where exactly will we be able to follow there progress, is it here on this forum or on another page im a little comfuse as to where we should be looking?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Feb 2012 06:55 AM
    http://www.tracencapemay.uscgnews.c...763/49039/

That is the link to the journals. You can follow progress there. There are no progress reports posted here except from people that might want to share letters received or that sort of thing. The journals are your best bet for progression. They start in week 3 and are generally posted to the internet on Tuesday's.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    kycoastguarddadandmom

--
    13 Feb 2012 07:28 PM
    My son is also a member of hotel 186. I just sent letters today. We have been nervous and looking on line for any and all info. We've been watching footage of other recruits and what they go thru each wk. I'll be glad when its over. If anyone sees any pics of our recruits on line or can share any please let me know. Praying they all do well and time flies!!!
    kycoastguarddadandmom

--
    13 Feb 2012 09:58 PM
    Just read on another forum that each company has a facebook page. They will have videos n pics. Can anyone confirm this and that they do it for each company, also if they do have this what week will it start.
    Bverian

--
    14 Feb 2012 12:35 AM
    @ kycoastguard they do have a facebook page for Hotel 186, however there is a hotel in cape may, i believe its the blue fish inn? Which viedo tapes the recruits off base runs during their week 6 i believe. Other then that i'm not sure of any other pictures. They also have a facebook page of USCG friends and family members which is a great place to find info
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Feb 2012 05:30 AM
    There is also a facebook moms page... it is strictly for moms and we talk Coastie and a variety of other things. Plenty of prayers and support going on for any reason at all, not only CG. We just recently had a bake sale on the page. We do a "moms in need" thing and that helped raise some money for moms in need. Moms posted a picture of what they baked, other moms bid on it and at 9pm bidding closed for whoever was highest. So that was a lot of fun. There are actually quite a few different facebook groups for Coasties and their families, just search around and you'll find the ones you like.

Search USCG H-186 and you'll find your recruit company page.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    kycoastguarddadandmom

--
    14 Feb 2012 06:43 AM
    I have searched fb and i can not find hotel 186. Any ideas on what else i should do? Thanks for all the info. I'm excited and nervous!!!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Feb 2012 07:11 AM
    H-186 not Hotel. Just "H" I'm not on those facebook groups, I don't have a recruit in a company and I have more than enough here to keep me busy. But from what I have been told it is the letter, not the spelled out phonetic name. Give that a whirl.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    kycoastguarddadandmom

--
    14 Feb 2012 07:13 AM
    Thanks old guard i will keep trying. Just desperate to know something. Missing my son!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Feb 2012 07:16 AM
    I know the feeling. I put a fiance through boot camp in the mid 80s and a son just 3 years ago. It isn't easy. For the first one there wasn't even a thing called the internet yet and for the 2nd one, well let's just say this forum existed but it looked nothing like it appears now! We have come a LONG way in just 3 years! It gets easier! I promise.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 512345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement